Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

MU: YVR/PDX/YEG-Maldives/East and SE Asia from $2100+ USD Biz

Old Oct 21, 2018, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Fare ex-YVR, but feeder flights from US and Canada on AC/AS available for +$100 or more

MU international segments books into I: https://wheretocredit.com/mu/i

Seen to KUL/SGN/HND/PNH/HKG/MLE/FUK/ICN/TPE/NRT/KIX/SIN but probably more

Sample:

https://www.expedia.com/Flights-Sear...ss&mode=search
pamdrew likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 7:24 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Not quite this cheap, but depending on dates, available from JFK ($2600-2800) and LAX ($2300+) depending on which Asian destination. Can also do open jaws.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 11:23 pm

Programs: AC: E50K, AP: dDiamond
It would be very interesting if a more desirable carrier decided to match - not holding my breath though.

-Mark
Old Oct 22, 2018, 6:58 am

Programs: FB Gold, SAS Gold
Not seeing anything from YEG. Do you have some example?
Old Oct 22, 2018, 9:33 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by lowside67
It would be very interesting if a more desirable carrier decided to match - not holding my breath though.

-Mark
FWIW, China Eastern is actually pretty good. In particular, the hard product is excellent on transpacific flights - true lie flats with direct aisle access for all passengers. The staff are actually by and large warm, friendly and competent as well. My main complaints are mostly details I can overlook for a great price - their web site is a travesty, transiting PVG can be a hassle because of ATC delays, and the catering is hit and miss (dat garlic bread though!).

For Delta fliers, the mileage earning and hard product is so fabulous its easy to look past the occasional glitch in the soft product. I think MU is a lot better than the one or two bad mileage blog reviews make it out to be...
Old Oct 22, 2018, 10:09 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
40% of flown distance as MQDs for Delta flyers!
Old Oct 22, 2018, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by BenA

FWIW, China Eastern is actually pretty good. In particular, the hard product is excellent on transpacific flights - true lie flats with direct aisle access for all passengers. The staff are actually by and large warm, friendly and competent as well. My main complaints are mostly details I can overlook for a great price - their web site is a travesty, transiting PVG can be a hassle because of ATC delays, and the catering is hit and miss (dat garlic bread though!).

For Delta fliers, the mileage earning and hard product is so fabulous its easy to look past the occasional glitch in the soft product. I think MU is a lot better than the one or two bad mileage blog reviews make it out to be...
Couldn't agree more. And always remember to pick your luggage from your transit (PVG in my case) and recheck in as mine did not make it to me for another 48hrs. Another thing, they keep cabin warm so consider bringing a usb fan if this does not work for you
Old Oct 22, 2018, 10:42 am

This is a good fare to Maldives. Okay fare to rest of ASEAN. MU hard product is great. You get free wifi (abeit slow and china firewalled) on J cabin.

I'd take advantage of this if my existing trips weren't planned already. However, best time to visit MLE is before March... Not worth it after as it would be too much rain.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 10:53 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Best Western Diamond Selec
Originally Posted by Cizzla
Couldn't agree more. And always remember to pick your luggage from your transit (PVG in my case) and recheck in as mine did not make it to me for another 48hrs. Another thing, they keep cabin warm so consider bringing a usb fan if this does not work for you
MU does thru check via PVG. I didn't need to pick up / recheck.

Strange all my segments it was cold. And it's cold at PVG terminal during winter.

Above were from Dec. last year.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 2:47 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Thanks for posting this. Not something I'd jump at but it'll be handy for those who have a specific trip in mind

Originally Posted by jumbo_cards
This is a good fare to Maldives. Okay fare to rest of ASEAN.
The Maldives isn't part of ASEAN.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by SilverChris
Thanks for posting this. Not something I'd jump at but it'll be handy for those who have a specific trip in mind

The Maldives isn't part of ASEAN.
Lol, I don't think I meant Maldives was part of ASEAN... Just a sublist of OP's list of destinations. But I see why you'd think that way. Hah.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by maverikbc
MU does thru check via PVG. I didn't need to pick up / recheck.

Strange all my segments it was cold. And it's cold at PVG terminal during winter.

Above were from Dec. last year.
Mine was in August to CAN and luggage came in about 2days later. This happened to me also flying Air China, luggage came in a week later
Old Oct 24, 2018, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Thanks.

Fares on MU's own site and expedia.ca, even n the same I bucket are much higher. CAD $5k and 3.8k respectively.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 2:23 am

Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
Thanks.

Fares on MU's own site and expedia.ca, even n the same I bucket are much higher. CAD $5k and 3.8k respectively.
Best to use kayak (i use justfly or vayama via kayak). MU's site is horrible, i think you have to use their HK site and even then prices are always higher
Old Oct 25, 2018, 8:35 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Delta Plat, HHonors Gold, NEXUS, Marriott Silver
I just snagged one in Nov for $2050... fares I/J. Will get me over the requalifying hump and I've never been to the Maldives before. Thanks OP!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.