Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

TK: YYZ-CGK rt in J for US$2,649

Old Oct 1, 18, 11:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP

Pretty attractive fares to CGK. KE, WY and PR are also in the same price range. Unfortunately, no love from OW carriers at this point.

Example dates here.

Specifics:

Fare Basis: JV33BX
Min Stay: 3 Days or Saturday overnight
Max Stay: 12 Months
Adv Purchase: 28 Days
Free Stopovers in IST

Change Fee: $200 US
Cancel Fee: $400 US

Last edited by swingaling; Oct 1, 18 at 11:45 am
Old Oct 1, 18, 12:27 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
I just saw that YYZ-KULK on TK is around US$2500 for similar dates.
Old Oct 2, 18, 4:35 am

I am seeing the fares jump up to US$250 when trying to book on TK. Unable to book on Priceline and booking on TK has the fare jump mentioned.

Any OTAs recommended for this?
Old Oct 2, 18, 5:03 am

Why post in USD for flights originating in Canada?
Old Oct 2, 18, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by mykel67 View Post
For folks like me who pay in USD and evaluate these (including a positioning flight) as potential trips from US cities near YYZ.
swingaling and NJSwamplands like this.
Old Oct 2, 18, 9:43 am

Programs: United 1K, AC 50K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum
I've seen you ask this same question in another thread. Are you also going to ask it for all the other times people quote in USD for flights originating outside of the US, or just for flights originating in Canada? I live in Canada and don't have a problem with people quoting in USD as I know the majority of people on here are not as aware of the CAD to USD exchange rate as most Canadians are.
Old Oct 2, 18, 3:23 pm

Programs: AC: E50K, AP: dDiamond
Is there any way to determine what other cities this is valid for and what the complete date range of eligibility is?

Thank you,
Mark
Old Oct 2, 18, 7:22 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by lowside67 View Post
Is there any way to determine what other cities this is valid for and what the complete date range of eligibility is?

Thank you,
Mark
I check with ITA software routinely as I fly with TK.

I have search template like YVR,YYZ,YUL,YOW to all 17 cities TK serves or plan to in Asia (PEK,PVG,CAN,TPE,ICN,NRT,KIX,HKG,MNL,SGN,HAN,BKK,H KT,KUL,SIN,CGK,DPS).

Anyway, at the moment TK is running sales of YYZ-KUL/CAN/CGK/BKK and YUL-PEK/PVG, book by Oct 23rd. I don't see any travel date restrictions but from April the availability seems to dry up.

During prime months use TK's fare matrix calendar to find the lowest priced dates and go back to OTAs if you want to save money, although not guaranteed. Kayak is also a good resource to find lowest priced OTAs but quite often the savings aren't worth the risk and hassles if things go wrong.
Old Oct 2, 18, 7:32 pm

Programs: UA1K MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by lowside67 View Post

Thank you,
Mark
Looks like this J fare APPLIES ALL YEAR, as long as J class is available.
For other citiesKUL is $100 cheaper, CAN $100 more, HKG/MNL/BOM $700 more
Old Oct 2, 18, 7:37 pm

If you live in US, have Elite or Elite Plus status, and have Citi TY Premier Mastercard, this is a very good deal consdering

1. You get at least 32000 status miles, almost enough to renew your Elite Plus for 2 years, good luck trying to renew UA's 1K for this amount of spend (I know we can't compare 1K to TK's E+ apple to apple but still...)
2. Charge Citi TYP, get another 7500 or more points which can transfer to TK at 1:1
3. You'll get 40K bonus miles or more in the end, enough to book one-way saver business award ticket between Europe (including Turkey) and Asia/North America for 45K with mileage overdraft allowed by TK up to 10K miles for Elite members.
Old Oct 3, 18, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by gspurr View Post
I've seen you ask this same question in another thread. Are you also going to ask it for all the other times people quote in USD for flights originating outside of the US, or just for flights originating in Canada? I live in Canada and don't have a problem with people quoting in USD as I know the majority of people on here are not as aware of the CAD to USD exchange rate as most Canadians are.
Don't worry, I will not be asking this question again.

It just makes logical sense to me to quote the fares in the currency of the country from which the flights originate. I am sure the number of potential Canadian customers for this fare is much greater than the number of potential US customers who would be interested in trying to make it work for them. But since the majority of the members on this forum seem to be from the US, I guess majority rules.
Old Oct 3, 18, 6:36 am

Don't worry, I will not be asking this question again.

It just makes logical sense to me to quote the fares in the currency of the country from which the flights originate. I am sure the number of potential Canadian customers for this fare is much greater than the number of potential US customers who would be interested in trying to make it work for them. But since the majority of the members on this forum seem to be from the US, I guess majority rules.
The following is meant as a serious question (no snark intended whatsoever).

Do you think we should publish all of the fares in the native currency of the departure airport? Like the one way fare from AMD to EWR on SQ. Should it be in INR instead of USD? Or the LA GIG/GRU - FRA fare in BRL instead of EUR?
mykel67 likes this.
Old Oct 3, 18, 9:00 am

Programs: AC: E50K, AP: dDiamond
Thanks for all the info - I am seeking African destinations so will keep hunting!

Cheers
Mark
Old Dec 17, 18, 9:32 pm

Deal extended until Jan 10th, 2019. This time the cheapest is YUL-BKK $2336 USD ($3126 CAD) directly at thy.com.
Old Jan 11, 19, 1:19 pm

Now even lower, YUL-BKK, $2600 CAD ($1980 USD), perfect to position to (and/or wrap) recent CX Vietnam - NA deals, length of stay can go up to 12 months. Limited dates with YUL departures on Tue, Fri, and Sun.

Also available out of YYZ for $2969 CAD ($2240 USD).

Sales ends Jan 29th, may be extended.

Last edited by vincewy; Jan 12, 19 at 10:46 am

Search this Thread