Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

~€1100+ LH/LX/UA- Barcelona to East + West Coast USA...

Old Sep 29, 2018, 2:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: loyalty?! BA Gold, DL Platinum

Nice deal in case Barcelona is easier for some than Zurich. Also, no 2 person requirement. 1 is fine.

Cities: NY, DEN, LAX, AUS, FLL (probably more).

Dates: wide open from next week through 2019.

Availability on LH/LX/UA. LA obviously has 777 from Swiss, which is optimal and only around €1300.

https://www.google.com/flights#flt=B...;so:1;sd:1;t:f
Old Sep 29, 2018, 3:51 am
Suspended

Excellent find, there are many more, and also available from Madrid.

New York 1110€
Las Vegas 1200€
Seatle 1220€
Los Angeles 1340€
San Francisco 1340€
San Diego 1200€
Denver 1220€
Orlando 1220€
josepciv likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 5:58 am

Programs: SK, A3, QR
What a great deal!

Also available from AGP, if that makes positioning easier.

Excellent opportunity to sample a variety of business classes with so many routings available, for example United's new Polaris on 777-300 on FRA-SFO, and with available dates for Christmas and New Years.
godsavethepoints and josepciv like this.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
The only good deal IMO is NYC at $1350 r/t. The prices in the OP are sans YQ and tax which is not how we usually post fares ... if you add that in it is $1800 for most other destinations and while this is an o.k. price it is IMO in line w/ many BCN fares I have seen the past several months.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 9:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: loyalty?! BA Gold, DL Platinum
Originally Posted by cfischer
The only good deal IMO is NYC at $1350 r/t. The prices in the OP are sans YQ and tax which is not how we usually post fares ... if you add that in it is $1800 for most other destinations and while this is an o.k. price it is IMO in line w/ many BCN fares I have seen the past several months.
No... they're not sans YQ and tax. They're all in at $1450-1600 USD to west coast from Europe, which is fantastic by almost any standard. You're welcome to argue with €1200-€1300 business deals all you want, but for all in fares you rarely do much better than 100 euros better, especially without a companion requirement. Perhaps you didn't find good dates, and I hope you're able to find some that work, but your statement just isn't accurate...

https://www.google.com/flights#flt=/...;so:1;sd:1;t:f

https://www.google.com/flights#flt=/...62*.USD.149653

https://www.google.com/flights#flt=/...47*.USD.146460
Old Sep 29, 2018, 9:39 am

Programs: AS 100K
if only OW would match this!
godsavethepoints and josepciv like this.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 11:20 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by atcanobbio
amen
josepciv likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 11:23 am

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Anyone know what the max stay is on this fare? I currently have a Y award returning from Spain to Denver in November, tempted to book this as my "return" for that trip and pick a date in the future for DEN-BCN.

edit: Looks like 90 days. Still, I can move my current EAS-DEN award for free. Thinking out loud here: maybe I cut the Basque Country from my coming Spain trip and just fly home from Barcelona (my last stop before San Sebastian), then in February do a combo Portugal + Basque trip using that night train from Lisbon to Bilbao... Tempting.

edit2: BCN-MUC-DEN/DEN-MUC-BIO prices out to $1464.

edit3: Booked it so I have 24 hours to decide.

Last edited by txflyer77; Sep 29, 2018 at 12:03 pm
Old Sep 29, 2018, 11:38 am

Also from AGP.

FCO and MXP. also have reduced fares but not as good as these.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
I almost booked one of these, but then noticed that UA P fares only get me 100% credit with TK M&S.

Looks like a 1-week minimum stay? Or Saturday night? Couldn't quite tell, but loads of available dates. LAS and SAN looked particularly good given the mileage flown / earned.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 2:25 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by txflyer77
Anyone know what the max stay is on this fare? I currently have a Y award returning from Spain to Denver in November, tempted to book this as my "return" for that trip and pick a date in the future for DEN-BCN.

edit: Looks like 90 days. Still, I can move my current EAS-DEN award for free. Thinking out loud here: maybe I cut the Basque Country from my coming Spain trip and just fly home from Barcelona (my last stop before San Sebastian), then in February do a combo Portugal + Basque trip using that night train from Lisbon to Bilbao... Tempting.
Do it! I have done this a few times already with cheap Scandinavia/Baltic to YYZ J fares, even if your future trip is quick and unconfirmed, book another cheap EU-USA fares starting Feb if you have limited time, quite often worth doing it for miles alone.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 3:26 pm

Did anyone see OS flights in this sale? I didn't.

LX is the best of the pack, but the connection time at ZRH for my flights is too tight.

Just returned from FRA and want to avoid it.

I heard AC cabin comfort is great but I am paranoid about their level of safety (pilot rest hours, optional use of ILS, ....). Just read the newest investigation report for AC flight 759 at SFO in July 2017....scary.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by craigthemif
I almost booked one of these, but then noticed that UA P fares only get me 100% credit with TK M&S.

Looks like a 1-week minimum stay? Or Saturday night? Couldn't quite tell, but loads of available dates. LAS and SAN looked particularly good given the mileage flown / earned.
6 day minimum. Book by 14 Oct.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 3:55 pm

Programs: A3*, HH, club carlson: all gold and bonvoy plat
What I like with this fare:

- works from probably lots of spanish cities (haven't checked exhaustively), just checked pmi and ibz
- lots of US destinations as well (especially nice for the ones who want to go to small airports, which is quite rare on those kind of promotions)

an example: PMI(or AGP)-ZRH-LAX-ASE ΰ CHF 1533.- in March/April with swimsuits and skis in the luggages
Old Sep 29, 2018, 4:05 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by atcanobbio
This is the *A response to the OW fare from Switzerland.
orbitmic and ristasm like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.