Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

DL, AM: New York - Mexico City 630$ business class

Old Sep 24, 18, 12:15 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Business class New York to Mexico City for 630$ with Delta Airlines (Boeing 757) on the outbound and Aeromexico on the inbound.

Available for flights between November and May, not every single date is available.

Can't post a picture or link yet, but you will find it with google flights.
Old Sep 24, 18, 12:21 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Good deal, here's a link

https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=...170*.USD.64270

Hoping AA matches
Old Sep 24, 18, 12:29 pm

Programs: Delta DM
Also if you're flexible with dates/times you can get the AM 787 both ways - ex:

https://goo.gl/flights/1hUrS
bgriff likes this.
Old Sep 24, 18, 3:10 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, DL Gold, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium + LT Silver, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BusinessClassOnSales View Post
Business class New York to Mexico City for 630$ with Delta Airlines (Boeing 757) on the outbound and Aeromexico on the inbound.

Available for flights between November and May, not every single date is available.

Can't post a picture or link yet, but you will find it with google flights.
Great find ^

Originally Posted by bballj32 View Post
Also if you're flexible with dates/times you can get the AM 787 both ways - ex:

https://goo.gl/flights/1hUrS
Since the AM ticket books into I class, when crediting to Delta, one will earn 6,270 MQM, 8,360 RDM (potentially more based on Delta status, if applicable), and $1,672 of MQD. While not as rewarding as last year's offer of sub $600 to Lima, or $1K to SCL, this is great way to get a lot of miles and qualifying spend for a fraction out of pocket.
Old Sep 24, 18, 9:46 pm
LBJ
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM
JFK-MEX-CUN on AM can be found from about $700 roundtrip in biz.
Old Sep 26, 18, 5:12 am

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion& 2 Million Miler; Marriott Titanium Lifetime
that is a great deal but why in the world would anyone take AM over DL on this route? DL's soft product is WAY better than AM's. It's not even close. DL actually has an improved soft product on this route. But even if it wasn't i m proved, it would be heads and shoulders still over AM's.

ATL
Old Sep 26, 18, 5:29 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Plat Prem, UA Silver, Delta GM
Originally Posted by ATLConsultant View Post
that is a great deal but why in the world would anyone take AM over DL on this route? DL's soft product is WAY better than AM's. It's not even close. DL actually has an improved soft product on this route. But even if it wasn't i m proved, it would be heads and shoulders still over AM's.

ATL
surely just for the partner earning potential, right? I missed out on the AM cheap business fares earlier in the year, but that's the only reason I would
Old Sep 26, 18, 5:46 am

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
Originally Posted by ATLConsultant View Post

ATL
I quite enjoyed the AM 789 on my last JFK-MEX flight in C.
Old Sep 26, 18, 7:15 am

Programs: AS MVPG, DL Gold, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium + LT Silver, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MountainGuy View Post
surely just for the partner earning potential, right? I missed out on the AM cheap business fares earlier in the year, but that's the only reason I would
This.

And, IMO, the soft product on AM flights is pretty good. Also, I really like the amenity kit it provides on long-haul flights.
Old Sep 26, 18, 8:04 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold)
Booked 2 LHR-MEX-EZE returns on AM's website. Site confirmation showed 'Premier' but e-mail shows economy. E-tickets show premier but E and R fare codes!

Is it a promo!?

Old Sep 26, 18, 10:47 am

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by headingwest View Post
Booked 2 LHR-MEX-EZE returns on AM's website. Site confirmation showed 'Premier' but e-mail shows economy. E-tickets show premier but E and R fare codes!

Is it a promo!?
Wow, this would've been a major error fare but I checked and it's gone.

Anyway, the fare is now sitting at $600 (JFK-MEX) if anyone is interested (Feb 28th - Mar 5th)

For those needing to re-position, check AM's options from your city if DL goes to JFK.

I just got CLE-JFK-MEX for $683, this includes Dreamliners on both JFK-MEX segments along with protected connections.

Last edited by vincewy; Sep 27, 18 at 9:40 am
Old Sep 26, 18, 11:29 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold)
Originally Posted by vincewy View Post
Wow, this would've been a major error fare but I checked and it's gone.
Yeah. Just wondering what is the next step to take. I have a screengrab showing the booking e-ticket number and as 'premier cabin' with 2 checked bags, but the e-mail confirmation shows economy with 1 bag. So I'm going to have to contact them and argue that I booked a promo fare (as displayed in the above screengrab).

The site is now showing the same booking at over 15,000!
Old Sep 26, 18, 7:19 pm

I was trying to book AUS-ATL-MEX-CUN-MEX-SLC-AUS yesterday and today. It was showing $613 in Premier (D/I) on DL metal but then after I'd select my return flight I kept getting error messages that something went wrong and I needed to call AM. Yeah, went through that trying to book hubby's MR that he's doing in 2 days - they told me they booked him in biz (D/I) but then when the confirmation came it was actually in E which defeats the purpose of buying the ticket via AM.
Old Oct 9, 18, 2:49 am

Does anyone have any news about this deal? Nobody had the chance to fly so soon? The airline has not contacted us yet. E-ticket I have Premier, but of course the economy of the reservation. If the airline does not contact me and cancel the reservation 14 days before departure, can I go to EU261/2004? In this case I would be entitled to 75% of the ticket price back. The only problem is that I have to deal with the connections to London.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: