Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] SGN-WAW Lot Charter J £350

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] SGN-WAW Lot Charter J £350

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2018, 12:32 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by oh_lol
Been searching all night, but no good fares to return to SEA to make it worth it for me
Maybe Condor? They have at times nice one-way J or PE fares and they credit nicely to AS....
Old Oct 28, 2018, 3:24 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Been searching all night, but no good fares to return to SEA to make it worth it for me
try the TP biz fare. Cheap OW from some nordics, i think OSL-YVR will be under $1k and you can route all flatbed once in LIS by going thru NYC and then EWR-YVR on AC 787. Or did you mean Southeast Asia and not Seattle??!
Old Oct 28, 2018, 9:45 pm

Programs: KF Gold|VA Gold|HH Diamond|Kimpton IC|Hyatt Gold
Oops sorry yes South East Asia. I should know better to use that abbreviation on here!
Old Oct 29, 2018, 12:53 am

Programs: Programless
Oops sorry yes South East Asia. I should know better to use that abbreviation on here!
Skyscanner see SGD $550 OW from WAW to ZRH to SIN on LO and SQ. Economy of course.
I thought it was not a bad deal .
Old Oct 30, 2018, 10:26 pm

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by jfkeze
Maybe Condor? They have at times nice one-way J or PE fares and they credit nicely to AS....
+1. About £580 OW for FRA-KUL. Slopey J seat but still good value for money!
Old Oct 30, 2018, 11:34 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
I am also seeing WAW-BKK rt in J for 5900 PLN (around $1550 USD), much higher than SGN, just to confirm these don't earn *A miles.

p.s. I'm having trouble to book one way like this

https://charterflights.r.pl/Rezerwac...cOsob=1&nowe=1

Any hint on checking availability for other city pairs and dates?

Last edited by vincewy; Oct 30, 2018 at 11:59 pm
Old Nov 27, 2018, 11:33 am

Friends,

I thought I should just provide a small review regarding the SGN-WAW charter flight with Rainbow Tours. I paid around 300 EUROS for it, and I would definitely say it is worth it.

Airport: There are decent places around outside the airport, but once you pass security, the only thing remotely good there is Burger King.
Check-in: Dedicated 'business' class line, so I'm glad I didn't have to wait in the long economy class line.
Lounge: Non-existent
Food: Regular economy food served with domestic business class gear (e.g. plastic plates, forks, etc). The quality was not bad at all, but the portions were quite small. There were no snacks in between when I asked.
Drinks: They were pretty stingy on the alcoholic drinks, but they obliged to all my requests. Just the usual wine, beer, juices, and soft drinks.
Service: Pretty cold service to be honest, but definitely okay for 300 EUROs.
Luggage allowance: I only had a carry-on, but I believe it is 20KG checked allowance. They didn't care how much I brought on board (i.e. I had tons of gifts I bought with me)
Seat: 2-2-2 seating. Similar to TK business class. Comfortable and wide. Not very long though. I am around 5'9", and I can touch the backboard of the seats in the front.

Would totally do it again if the prices drop this low.

However, be aware you need a Vietnamese Visa and an invitation letter (for Americans, Canadians, and a few others...Please do your research). Long story short, I had to get a last minute invitation letter online at the airport for ±300 USD.

Cheers.
Santander and oh_lol like this.

Last edited by thelister; Nov 27, 2018 at 1:43 pm
Old Nov 27, 2018, 12:02 pm

Programs: QF LTG
Originally Posted by thelister
Friends,

I thought I should just provide a small review regarding the SGN-WAW charter flight with Rainbow Tours. I paid around 300 EUROS for it, and I would definitely say it is worth it.

Airport: There are decent places around outside the airport, but once you pass security, the only thing remotely good there is Burger King.
Check-in: Dedicated 'business' class line, so I'm glad I didn't have to wait in the long economy class line.
Lounge: Non-existent
Food: Regular economy food served with domestic business class gear (e.g. plastic plates, forks, etc). The quality was not bad at all, but the portions were quite small. There were no snacks in between when I asked.
Drinks: They were pretty stingy on the alcoholic drinks, but they obliged to all my requests. Just the usual wine, beer, juices, and soft drinks.
Service: Pretty cold service to be honest, but definitely okay for 300 EUROs.
Luggage allowance: I only had a carry-on, but I believe it is 20KG checked allowance. They didn't care how much I brought on board (i.e. I had tons of gifts I bought with me)
Seat: 2-2-2 seating. Similar to TK business class. Comfortable and wide. Not very long though. I am around 5'9", and I can touch the backboard of the seats in the front.

Would totally do it again if the prices drop this low.

However, be aware you need a Vietnamese Visa and an invitation letter (for Australians, Canadians, British, and Americans). Long story short, I had to get a last minute invitation letter online for ±300 USD.

Cheers.
unless things have changed in the last few days British passport holders don't need an invitation letter
Old Nov 27, 2018, 12:29 pm

Thanks for the write up.

Ouch $300.
Last year we paid $6 for the letter and $25 at the airport. $6 was the cost for 2 days processing but in reality it came in under 24hrs. Ukrainian and NZ passports.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by PbodyPhoto

unless things have changed in the last few days British passport holders don't need an invitation letter
Noted. Will edit my post

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.