Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

WK: Paris - Rio de Janeiro 1230€

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2018, 12:02 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Business class France to Rio de Janeiro 1230€ OTA price with Swiss via ZRH and then with Edelweiss to Rio.
You may depart from Paris, Nice, Bordeaux and other airports in France.
VALID FOR TRAVEL COMMENCING ON/AFTER 01NOV 18 AND ON/BEFORE 30JUN 19.
TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/BEFORE 27SEP 18.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 12:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Are you saying that Edelweiss operates the flight from ZRH to GIG? I thought they were a somewhat low cost regional affiliate operating flights within Europe.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 12:15 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Edelweiss is not only flying within Europe. And I wouldn't call them low coast. They are cheaper as Swiss and the service is not the same, but their lieflat business class seats are good.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 12:34 pm

Programs: OZ *G, AB Sapphire
I had Edelweiss once on JNB-ZRH. Impressed by quality of seat/space/service, though no *A miles on that flight (only credit to UA)
Old Sep 23, 2018, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Are you saying that Edelweiss operates the flight from ZRH to GIG? I thought they were a somewhat low cost regional affiliate operating flights within Europe.
Not only Edelweiss flies to Brazil, it is staring a new route to Argentina in November. Edelweiss also flies to North America, Central America, Asia, Middle East, and Africa.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 3:50 pm

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
their long haul product is very good.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Lewis42

their long haul product is very good.
They're flying some of the former LX A340 with same/similar C-class seats as LX had on those a/c.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 2:11 am
Suspended
Original Poster

It's back.

VALID FOR TRAVEL COMMENCING ON/AFTER 02NOV 18 AND ON/
BEFORE 30SEP 19.

TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/BEFORE 31OCT 18.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 2:58 am

Programs: ❶❷ ใจ ± ♪♪♪ 7Ύ³ © ™
Originally Posted by Premiumflights
It's back.

VALID FOR TRAVEL COMMENCING ON/AFTER 02NOV 18 AND ON/
BEFORE 30SEP 19.

TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/BEFORE 31OCT 18.

Sadly all I am getting when I hit the calculate button is

Your enquiry cannot be processed at the moment due to technical problems. Please try again later. (60000)

Old Oct 24, 2018, 4:03 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Don't get caught out. WK (Edelweiss) is not a star alliance carrier despite being 100% owned by the Lufthansa group. The WK flights will only credit to any FFP other than M&M if booked as LX codes and then not to many. UA for example will give 100% award mile but ZERO elite qualifying miles. A3 and TK get nothing.

WK has nice service and is very similar to Swiss but is really treated as the vacation and charter airline of the group and the experience is good for that demographic but not what you might expect from an international flag carrier.
cad-spe likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 8:54 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Tafflyer
WK has nice service and is very similar to Swiss but is really treated as the vacation and charter airline of the group and the experience is good for that demographic but not what you might expect from an international flag carrier.
I think the service, atleast on LH J is very good and at the level of an International Flag Carrier. It is infact an airline I really enjoy the fly.
Premiumflights and Brandinho1 like this.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 8:26 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
I too can vouch for the quality of WK. While the lack of *A mileage earning has pushed me away a bit, I still feel that service in J is very nice and often a tad personal than LX.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 7:16 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Lewis42
I think the service, atleast on LH J is very good and at the level of an International Flag Carrier. It is infact an airline I really enjoy the fly.
I was referring specifically to WK (Edelweiss) and not LH or Swiss.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 8:04 am

Programs: ❶❷ ใจ ± ♪♪♪ 7Ύ³ © ™
Originally Posted by Tafflyer
I was referring specifically to WK (Edelweiss) and not LH or Swiss.

I think Lewis42 was referring to LH = Long Haul not Lufthansa or Swiss

Old Oct 26, 2018, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by Andy49
I think Lewis42 was referring to LH = Long Haul not Lufthansa or Swiss

oh my message was really unclear...

i meant WK long haul J is a great product with a very personal service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.