Wiki Posts
Search

LHR-BKK MS J £1040rt

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2018, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
LHR-BKK MS J £1040rt

Not the greatest airline but given it's a *A member it still seems like a pretty good fare.

Available through OTAs. Sample dates 26/9 - 04/10. Looks like it books into Z.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 10:30 am

Link?
Old Sep 18, 2018, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Palty
Link?
I suggest you do some searching yourself. This doesn't show up on google flights but does seem to show up on kayak and momondo. I would recommend using gotogate.co.uk (where I found cheapest rates) and using Wednesday departure and Thursday return.

Here is a link to a kayak search
Old Sep 19, 2018, 8:28 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Hasn't GoToGate been reported as unreliable? GOTOGATE
Old Sep 19, 2018, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by spainflyer
Hasn't GoToGate been reported as unreliable? GOTOGATE
They might well be unreliable if you need to make changes or cancel tickets. But if you simply wish to make a straightforward booking, and you are confident you are not going to want to change it, then this, and most other OTAs, are perfectly fine.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 4:20 pm

I've flown Egyptair recently, and it was perfectly fine - kind of like flying a big US carrier in terms of service, but better food and less attitude.
So - great deal, actually. (And earns 200% with some FF programs)
josepciv likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 8:30 pm
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
For anyone considering this, also look at Oman (with Apex suites on all sectors, brand new terminal, great lounges and food etc) CDG-BKK-LHR for £1230, can be found on sky scanner. Evening departures and 2hr connections.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by PxC
For anyone considering this, also look at Oman (with Apex suites on all sectors, brand new terminal, great lounges and food etc) CDG-BKK-LHR for £1230, can be found on sky scanner. Evening departures and 2hr connections.
great! do you have link please?
Old Sep 20, 2018, 2:17 am

Programs: BAEC
Couldn't find a link for the Oman deal, but use something like Skyscanner or Kayak to search rather than Google Flights as from memory the discounted pricing is only released to some OTAs and not to the GDS, so Google Flights or ITA won't find it.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 3:10 am

Programs: EBG
The deal is also valid ex AMS where flights to BKK will cost you much less by searching Kayak you will find good availability in Z class for €886 via OTA or €80 more directly from MS website. Bit higher prices ex FRA/MXP/LHR
Sample dates 27feb-13mar 2019
Old Sep 20, 2018, 5:58 pm
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by josepciv

great! do you have link please?
It was multi city, but when I look today the price has risen back to £1550 or so (on my dates 11/12 anyway)/
Old Sep 21, 2018, 5:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PxC
Thanks this is a great fare and been around for some time now. Last month they had a 30% discount over one of the weekends which brought it down to £950 (but you had to do a simple return to CDG for that price). Also worth bearing in mind you can also return to MAN. I booked a nice double open jaw last month: CDG-KUL//BKK-MAN =)

Originally Posted by clager
The deal is also valid ex AMS where flights to BKK will cost you much less by searching Kayak you will find good availability in Z class for €886 via OTA or €80 more directly from MS website. Bit higher prices ex FRA/MXP/LHR
Sample dates 27feb-13mar 2019
Wow thats even better especially for people like me located in UK regions since a return flight to AMS is often cheaper and much shorter than the journey down to LHR!
Old Sep 22, 2018, 12:45 am

Programs: AY+ Gold, SK EBS
Just booked AMS-CAI-BKK return in J for €916, 16-30 Jan.

That'll get me 26,222 points in SK Eurobonus and *G, so thanks to everyone for this deal!
clager likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 8:39 am

Programs: LAN COMODORO
Last week i found a LHR - CAN for $1250USD i forgot to post it ..... But seem like MS is with a few destinations on sale.

This week the LHR CAN is around $1.850USD, the best thing about this route is that all is done in 777 300 angle flat beds.

Egyptair is not as bad as they post, the seat is not perfect, i did smell someone smoking in 1 (out of 4) flights, they dont have alcohol and the IFE is not the best is the market but is OK...... Besides this, the food is good, they FA are really nice with you, the planes are clean and the service in general is great. Will flight with them again no problem..... If the ticket is at least 25% cheaper than others.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by Chokkoubin
Just booked AMS-CAI-BKK return in J for €916, 16-30 Jan.

That'll get me 26,222 points in SK Eurobonus and *G, so thanks to everyone for this deal!
The lowest I see is EUR 1020. Was this an OTA price?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.