FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Premium Fare Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/)
-   -   AA Vacations RDU/MCO/LAS - PEK - $1915 R/T Business Class (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/1930445-aa-vacations-rdu-mco-las-pek-1915-r-t-business-class.html)

sgan317 Sep 13, 2018 3:58 pm

AA Vacations RDU/MCO/LAS - PEK - $1915 R/T Business Class

Awesome AA Vacations fares from US to PEK. Dates are super limited September - December and Early February. Books into I* so earnings are 100% RDM, 2.0 EQM and 20% EQD. This is a good end of year mileage run opportunity. Must route on LAX/ORD-PEK

RDU seems to be the cheapest city at $1915 r/t
LAS is pricing around $2050
MCO is at $2300
EYW is showing at $2500 but does not show I* fares just regular I fares, so you should probably avoid

HOW TO FIND:
Use Google Flights to find the cheapest dates then search those dates/routes in AAVacations. If you're planning on logging in to AAVacations, do so before you start searching. Their system times out and you have to redo your search for some reason if you log in at check out.

It is possible to route on the JFK-LAX transcon

Example
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...f683a3022b.jpg

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...7e187b70e3.jpg

PABLOCO Sep 13, 2018 7:28 pm

This fare will incluide hotel ? I got a 2450 USD by the end of FEB staying for 9 days in a very cheap hotel...... there is not way i will stay there since i wanna continue to Guangzhou but still paying for the hotel and not using it is cheaper than just book the fly by it self (about 800 less)

sgan317 Sep 13, 2018 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by PABLOCO (Post 30201454)
This fare will incluide hotel ? I got a 2450 USD by the end of FEB staying for 9 days in a very cheap hotel...... there is not way i will stay there since i wanna continue to Guangzhou but still paying for the hotel and not using it is cheaper than just book the fly by it self (about 800 less)

Yes the fare includes hotel. You can choose the cheapest hotel option to book and just not show up. No showing your hotel will not affect the flights but no showing a flight will affect all remaining flights.

PABLOCO Sep 13, 2018 9:21 pm

Great find, i have found more dates for late Feb and March leaving from MCO, these are the dates that i need to fly, so hope this could help others.

bworrell Sep 15, 2018 8:23 pm

Thanks for finding this. I went ahead and booked:
LAS-ORD-PEK (2 nights) PEK-ORD-LAX-LAS for $2085. I could have been a bit more creative with the routing but didn't need it to finish my EXP for next year.
33306 EQM
$3,330 EQD
16653 Award Miles

Interesting that this was about $200 less than ITA / Google Flights was showing. I also saw some +$400 flights that included LAX-JFK transcons -- no idea if AA Vacations could book that (by phone?), but didn't need it so didn't pursue.

concreteworkers Sep 15, 2018 8:43 pm

With advanced search, choose Hotel dates different than flight dates, You do not have to have a hotel room for the entire stay, choose any three nights to get the discounted rate.

TaiwanIndependence Sep 16, 2018 8:47 am

Thanks for sharing this. I booked RDU-ORD-PEK on 9/27 and PEK-LAX-PHL-RDU on 10/1. Throwing away hotel stay - yikes - horrible reviews. Looking forward to the Quantas Lounge on the way back.

tfizzle Sep 17, 2018 12:54 pm

You can also just book for a minimum of 3 nights and not stay either

exmike Sep 17, 2018 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by bworrell (Post 30208197)
Thanks for finding this. I went ahead and booked:
LAS-ORD-PEK (2 nights) PEK-ORD-LAX-LAS for $2085. I could have been a bit more creative with the routing but didn't need it to finish my EXP for next year.
33306 EQM
$3,330 EQD
16653 Award Miles

Interesting that this was about $200 less than ITA / Google Flights was showing. I also saw some +$400 flights that included LAX-JFK transcons -- no idea if AA Vacations could book that (by phone?), but didn't need it so didn't pursue.

does that routing just show up when you search on aa vacations??

bworrell Sep 18, 2018 8:50 am

Originally Posted by exmike (Post 30215760)

does that routing just show up when you search on aa vacations??

Yes. AA vacations showed most of the routings that ITA showed.

exmike Sep 18, 2018 9:07 am

Thanks.
Noted this works from PSP and SAN as well

CFM3RD Oct 21, 2018 10:05 pm

Thank you for this.
I was so proud - I found -- PHX-DFW-PEK-DFW-PHX for $2,618 - vs DFW-PEK $5,800 ish -- Nested tkts - I realize I have to buy DFW-PHX-DFW - $629 F class - cheaper if I want to ride in back.

Then I read this thread -- Uh, I may learn something. Let's see.

Anyway - when I went to AAVacations -- depending on hotel, I found $2,400 ish -- even found a couple of Marriott choices for around $2,500- $2,600 - 3 day stay in PEK.

One of the many reasons I like FT.

Thank you. Thankyouverymuch.

atcanobbio Oct 22, 2018 11:27 am

cam AA gift cards be used through AA vacations?

zebranz Oct 22, 2018 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by atcanobbio (Post 30343416)
cam AA gift cards be used through AA vacations?

Gift cards are redeemable toward the purchase of the base air fare and directly associated taxes, fees and charges that are collected as part of the fare calculation. Gift cards may not be used for other products or services (including upgrades, Admirals Club membership or day passes, in-flight purchases or enhanced seat products) or for any additional fees (including baggage fees, pet fees, unaccompanied minor fees, ticketing fees for transactions processed through reservations, or any taxes, fees or charges payable in connection with AAdvantageŽ award travel or American Airlines Vacations℠).

GetSetJetSet Nov 2, 2018 8:06 am

is it CONFIRMED these will earn 2x EQM? I might hop on one of these and have next year's EXECPLAT requal locked up already with bookings made before '19 starts haha.