Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AA Vacations RDU/MCO/LAS - PEK - $1915 R/T Business Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Vacations RDU/MCO/LAS - PEK - $1915 R/T Business Class

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2018, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA EP (life Gold), Global Entry, TSA Pre-Check, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by CFM3RD
To clear up my misunderstand --

To use PEK - CNX - call it 1800 miles -- $500 on an Oneworld carrier - and this is a bad example since there is not OW carrier on this route - but if there was.

The EQD would be 450 --- and not $125. Correct?
No, once again it is a percentage of the miles flown and has nothing to do with the dollar to spend. Your understanding of EQM s also wrong because it’s only up the fare portion of your spend.
If you are flying PE and the chart is special fare, 20% of miles means....
Let's say you fly a route that gcmap says is 1000 miles and cost you $367. Your EQD earnings will be 20% of the miles (1000) which is 200 EQDs. Your EQMs will be 1.5x miles flown (1000) for 1,500 EQMs. Note that the fare ($367) does not factor in to either calculation.
CFM3RD likes this.

Last edited by Whodunit68; Nov 27, 2018 at 2:40 am
Old Nov 26, 2018, 2:43 pm

Thank you.

Got it. Learned something new today.
Whodunit68 likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 12:12 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
My understanding - which apparently is wrongo, ignorant man - if I spend $2500 on AA I receive the $2500 toward my $6000 nut to crack for Plat.
And perhaps you already know this, but $2500 spent on AA will be <$2500 EQD since you have to take out the taxes/fees, which for intl could be around $100 or more, depending on destination & routing.
CFM3RD likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 7:03 pm

Thank you to FlyerTalk -- as always - with a little digging and helpful hints -- I found an easier solution.

DFW-DOH-BKK - and back on Qatar Airways - Business - Cyber Monday sale - $2824 - all in. Not too shabby.

Thanks again.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 7:34 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, AA Exec Plat
Thank you to FlyerTalk -- as always - with a little digging and helpful hints -- I found an easier solution.

DFW-DOH-BKK - and back on Qatar Airways - Business - Cyber Monday sale - $2824 - all in. Not too shabby.

Thanks again.
Is this a vacation deal or flight only?
Old Dec 3, 2018, 12:52 am

Thanks again.

i'm not seeing this. what dates did you use? this would be perfect even without the q suites
CFM3RD likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 4:46 am

Programs: AA EP (life Gold), Global Entry, TSA Pre-Check, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by reignking
i'm not seeing this. what dates did you use? this would be perfect even without the q suites
their cyber Monday sale is long over.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 12:54 pm

It is a combo trip. Part for me to explore that part of the world. Part to visit two friends of mine who are missionaries in the respective cities - Chiang Mai and Phnm Penh.

The fare are over - I bought mine on Priceline - and now ads pop up all the time for Qatar Airways - so I will keep an eye out for others. It will be interesting to see if the EQMs and EQDs post as I think they will. This is the first time for me to try something like this.

FT is quite the help.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 1:48 pm

I still see this out of LAS for $2400.

Having never done AA Vacations, how would this credit, assuming no status? My parents would fly to PEK and take the minimum hotel stay (3 nights) then go on to Vietnam and return to PEK for another 3 night stay then back to LAS. Since the hotel stay won’t match the trip length, if I understand the rules, they would not be eligible for the 20k bonus.
Is it possible to book through AA vacations and credit to AS? How would that work as well, assuming no status? I assume it’s better to credit to Alaska if possible.

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.