Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Virgin Atlantic Upper Class - DUB to BGI (Barbados) 1226

Virgin Atlantic Upper Class - DUB to BGI (Barbados) 1226

Reply

Old Sep 9, 18, 2:24 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 51
Virgin Atlantic Upper Class - DUB to BGI (Barbados) 1226

Dates through to August 2019. Dublin to Gatwick with Aer Lingus (economy) connecting with Virgin Atlantic (upperclass) from Gatwick to Barbados.

https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=...sp:.GBP.123061
gordiegem is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 18, 2:48 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Multiple locations
Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Posts: 2,413
Seems like the return can include a change from LGW to LHR for those passengers based in London!
jfkeze is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 18, 3:26 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 51
Question

[QUOTE=jfkeze;30185881]
Seems like the return can include a change from LGW to LHR for those passengers based in London.

Similar BA fares but outbound may involve connecting between LCY and LGW.

Last edited by gordiegem; Sep 9, 18 at 3:46 pm Reason: Error
gordiegem is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 18, 3:47 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Multiple locations
Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Posts: 2,413
Originally Posted by gordiegem View Post
Luggage would probably be checked through from Barbados to Dublin. Not sure if it would be possible to collect in London?
If you fly BGI-LGW LHR-DUB you are responsible for getting from LGW to LHR with your luggage, so you would collect it in LGW. Not sure about long connections in LGW.
jfkeze is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 18, 11:20 pm
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 51
Originally Posted by jfkeze View Post
If you fly BGI-LGW LHR-DUB you are responsible for getting from LGW to LHR with your luggage, so you would collect it in LGW. Not sure about long connections in LGW.
3 hour connection in LGW on inbound. Assuming business lounge access would still be applicable on inbound despite the Aer Lingus connection being in economy?

Last edited by gordiegem; Sep 9, 18 at 11:22 pm Reason: Error
gordiegem is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 18, 12:58 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: London
Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Posts: 1,512
Originally Posted by gordiegem View Post
3 hour connection in LGW on inbound. Assuming business lounge access would still be applicable on inbound despite the Aer Lingus connection being in economy?
My interpretation...

Different airline and different alliance, so I don't think you get lounge access on the Aer Lingus connection inbound unless you have oneworld status.

Aer Lingus also departs South Terminal and your Virgin flight would arrive in the North Terminal, so I don't think you can physically access the clubhouse in any event. Rules also state you have to be departing on a VS flight to benefit from access.

Happy to be corrected!
obduro is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 18, 1:17 am
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 51
Originally Posted by obduro View Post
My interpretation...

Different airline and different alliance, so I don't think you get lounge access on the Aer Lingus connection inbound unless you have oneworld status.

Aer Lingus also departs South Terminal and your Virgin flight would arrive in the North Terminal, so I don't think you can physically access the clubhouse in any event. Rules also state you have to be departing on a VS flight to benefit from access.

Happy to be corrected!
Yes you're absolutely correct. Confirmed with Virgin Atlantic. There's no Virgin arrivals lounge in Gatwick but with that price could suck up the 3 hr connection unless anyone else has suggestion to kill time at Gatwick.
gordiegem is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 18, 1:19 am
  #8  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 51
Originally Posted by gordiegem View Post
Dates through to August 2019. Dublin to Gatwick with Aer Lingus (economy) connecting with Virgin Atlantic (upperclass) from Gatwick to Barbados.

https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=...sp:.GBP.123061
Not bookable on Virgin Atlantic website. Must telephone Virgin Atlantic. Bookable via Expedia website and others.

Last edited by gordiegem; Sep 10, 18 at 2:53 am
gordiegem is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread