Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Air China: ZRH/GVA-SIN/BKK/CGK/MNL/SGN/etc US$1650 rt

Air China: ZRH/GVA-SIN/BKK/CGK/MNL/SGN/etc US$1650 rt

Old Sep 7, 2018, 2:30 pm

Programs: some
Originally Posted by verve
I do have a reservation ZRH-PEK-BKK//SIN-PEK-ZRH....now the question is if we really want to spend 17h with them....got spoiled by SQ on our recent Asia trips.
OK, pulled the trigger on this one. Still 3000CHF less for the four of us than today’s SQ special.
Not much info here about CA — how is the Limo service in PEK? I like airoli‘s comparison with LH, reading this I assume they would beat BA‘s dorm style product by miles?
Any other advice on CA? We will try out more or less their entire widebody fleet — 748, 333, 787, 330.....

And many thanks again to the OP for bringing this to my attention!
Old Sep 9, 2018, 3:14 am

Originally Posted by TPJ
Why are you concerned? How can we help?
thank you, concern because was unable to choose seats and connection time is just 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 4:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by verve
I assume they would beat BA‘s dorm style product by miles?
Any other advice on CA? We will try out more or less their entire widebody fleet — 748, 333, 787, 330.....

Not necessarily 'better' than BA's. CA's seat lack any privacy, but I like their full forward facing seats on their A330s. Long, wide enough, and very comfortable. Haven't tried their 748s or 787s. But I think their 748s have quite narrow footwells. (BA's seats on the other hand can be quite private, and I find them very comfortable.)

Nothing much to say, don't go in with high expectations and you may be pleasantly surprised. I always find the crew to be really good. IFE can be limited. Drinks may not be prepared to 'western' standards (I've had a glass of vodka and a glass of tomato juice bough instead of a bloody mary... but hey, it was a nice strong drink!). Meal service can be more Chinese style... lots of courses coming out in rapid succession rather than waiting till you've finished one then bringing the next. Some flights this can mean a full meal tray.

But they're safe. The A330s at least are very comfortable.
verve likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 9:06 am

Programs: Delta PM
This fare seems to fade in and out.
But I've been looking for months for a ticket SGN-VCE. I was resigned to flying SU for $900, but then VN lowered their fare to $1179, as I wanted to fly the A350, but that's the price I paid last year in Premium Economy on AF SGN-CDG-VCE.

Choice was not to go. But the Air China thing popped up on my computer today and they had a number of days with $1300 RT SGN-PEK-MXP Business Z. So I pulled the trigger. Flight at about same price is also available to MUC.

First time in many years I'm taking a non SkyTeam flight, but the wiring is on the wall. Half my flying is international, but even Platinum doesn't give me Global Upgrades so I might as well go on price.
I'll be DL PM again next year, but maybe fall to Gold after. AS long as I'm ST Elite Plus it works for me.

Suggestions as to where to credit the miles will be appreciated.

Last edited by wxman22; Sep 10, 2018 at 5:47 am Reason: typo
Old Sep 10, 2018, 8:09 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by Itamax

thank you, concern because was unable to choose seats and connection time is just 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Go to lufthansa.com Manage Your Booking - enter LH PNR (will differ from CA TravelSky GDS PNR) and choose seats. If you do not have Lufthansa PNR (i.e. reservation number) I guess you need to call CA and ask for it.

1.15 is fine for MUC. You only need to clear Immigration, so will most likely even have time for a drink in the Lounge. Baggage will be checked through, you should get your CA B/Passes in BSL.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 8:15 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
their 748s or 787s. But I think their 748s have quite narrow footwells. (BA's seats on the other hand can be quite private, and I find them very comfortable.)

But they're safe. The A330s at least are very comfortable.
748 & 787: the same seats seats e.g. UA has on non-Polaris aircraft. Flying FRA-AKL in June, I managed to sleep for a few hours on each segment.

A330's indeed have the beast seats (the same as on TK and LO).
Old Sep 10, 2018, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by TPJ
Go to lufthansa.com Manage Your Booking - enter LH PNR (will differ from CA TravelSky GDS PNR) and choose seats. If you do not have Lufthansa PNR (i.e. reservation number) I guess you need to call CA and ask for it.

1.15 is fine for MUC. You only need to clear Immigration, so will most likely even have time for a drink in the Lounge. Baggage will be checked through, you should get your CA B/Passes in BSL.
Thank you, yes have to call CA to Get Lufthansa PNR and I will do it, I know boarding pass will be provided in Basel also for MUC PEK AND PEK HKT as I will need them to exit the Airport in PEK and go downtown for the day. Hope thing got better then last year when it toke me 6 hours to get a VISA to exit the Airport.
Thank you for all your help and thank for posting this great fare
Old Sep 12, 2018, 7:49 am

Just a note that you don't need to call CA to get LH PRD. What Air China calls "Online refund reference" (should be in your booking confirmation alongside the Air China PRD) is actually Amadeus PRD that is accepted by LH.com. So you can enter this in Manage My Booking on lh.com and select your seats.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 8:29 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by wxman22
This fare seems to fade in and out.
But I've been looking for months for a ticket SGN-VCE.(...)

Choice was not to go. But the Air China thing popped up on my computer today and they had a number of days with $1300 RT SGN-PEK-MXP Business Z.
You realize that this thread is about CA fares ex ZRH to Asia, right?

It has absolutely nothing to do with CA's pricing from SGN to anywhere in Europe...
Old Sep 13, 2018, 2:44 am

Originally Posted by airoli
You realize that this thread is about CA fares ex ZRH to Asia, right?

It has absolutely nothing to do with CA's pricing from SGN to anywhere in Europe...
Sorry, you realize I just read headlines and saw SGN and Europe: Air China: ZRH/GVA-SIN/BKK/CGK/MNL/SGN/etc US$1650 rt

But the real question is what woke you up? Since many of the posts here are off point according to you?? Or is just a quiet day in Zurich?
Old Sep 13, 2018, 5:10 am
Suspended

Sorry, you realize I just read headlines and saw SGN and Europe: Air China: ZRH/GVA-SIN/BKK/CGK/MNL/SGN/etc US$1650 rt

But the real question is what woke you up? Since many of the posts here are off point according to you?? Or is just a quiet day in Zurich?
Hi I think airoli has a point. This fare is about ZRH/GVA originated fare or POS (point of sale) to Southeast Asia (SIN/BKK...). For fares originated SGN, you are welcome to open a new thread. But please kindly keep the discussion within the thread title: that is ZRH/GVA originated fares on CA. And please do not get upset if someone point out the fact to you. It is what it is. I don't think airoli is trying to blame you or try to attack you, but simply to point out the fact to you. In this forum, when someone puts a title of AAA-BBB fare thread, it normally means originated from AAA only. That is due to almost all fares are restricted to the point of origin, So as a rule of premium fares, unless the poster specify the fare works from both end, please assume the fares only works from ZRH/GVA. Of course you are free to report back that the fares works from SGN to ZRH/GVA too. I think people will welcome the information. If that is case I think your writing is not clear on your intention. You could start your post with something like 'Hey guys the fare works from SGN too. Here is what I found...' to avoid confusion. Any way I hope my post helps you a little. And please kindly take it easy and be friendly. Thank you.

Last edited by FlyerTalker688786; Sep 13, 2018 at 5:15 am
Old Sep 13, 2018, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by chongcao
Hi I think airoli has a point. This fare is about ZRH/GVA originated fare or POS (point of sale) to Southeast Asia (SIN/BKK...). For fares originated SGN, you are welcome to open a new thread. But please kindly keep the discussion within the thread title: that is ZRH/GVA originated fares on CA. And please do not get upset if someone point out the fact to you. It is what it is. I don't think airoli is trying to blame you or try to attack you, but simply to point out the fact to you. In this forum, when someone puts a title of AAA-BBB fare thread, it normally means originated from AAA only. That is due to almost all fares are restricted to the point of origin, So as a rule of premium fares, unless the poster specify the fare works from both end, please assume the fares only works from ZRH/GVA. Of course you are free to report back that the fares works from SGN to ZRH/GVA too. I think people will welcome the information. If that is case I think your writing is not clear on your intention. You could start your post with something like 'Hey guys the fare works from SGN too. Here is what I found...' to avoid confusion. Any way I hope my post helps you a little. And please kindly take it easy and be friendly. Thank you.
So you must not have read the poss above?
I see talk of Aukland and 747 vs 787 and A330's

I could care less if they delete my posts. I just posted here because if you haven't noticed many people look for a deal because it also may be applicable to similar routing, which my post was about.
And yes, it seems a bit directed at me when half the posts on the thread are off topic.

I'll try not to dis-spoil your beautiful Zurich scenery again.
ristasm likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 12:18 pm
Suspended

So you must not have read the poss above?
I see talk of Aukland and 747 vs 787 and A330's

I could care less if they delete my posts. I just posted here because if you haven't noticed many people look for a deal because it also may be applicable to similar routing, which my post was about.
And yes, it seems a bit directed at me when half the posts on the thread are off topic.

I'll try not to dis-spoil your beautiful Zurich scenery again.
No, I did not see anyone talk about AKL. There is a poster said he found LAX-PVG is in similar price range. And that is exactly what I suggested you on how to write your findings.

The remark on 748/787 is one a poster ask about CA's business class seats, which is related to this thread, not off topic.

Look, nobody is blaming you or trying to making you look bad. in fact, many people here would thank you to let them know the deal is available from SGN. airoli posted his remarks in the most non-confrontational way, just a friendly reminder to try to keep this thread in its course. I am just trying to help you here by making sure you did not take airoli's remark in the wrong way and make some suggestions to your post to avoid confusion.

I am sure you would understand later on once you have been in this forum for a while. I wish you best and find your way here and enjoy the forum.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 5:14 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Great find! This would earn me approx 20k miles woth eurobonus to CGK (Looking to not even leave that airport tbh)
Old Sep 15, 2018, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Although to be fair... it almost common place in these threads for at least one person to ask ‘does the fare work in reverse?’ Think of the poster being preemptive in this case

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.