Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

OS/LH/EW UK-Asia premium economy £600-£650

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OS/LH/EW UK-Asia premium economy £600-£650

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2018, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by PxC
Curious why anyone would take PE (especially if paying 300 for an upgrade one way) for this price when you can get LHR-BKK on Gulf (J) for just over £1k with all segments on a Dreamliner with Apex Suites
I suspect for the following reasons:
1) Because it saves £450 (A £1800 does a lot for a family of 4)
2) It earns miles in decent programs that will help people maintain or get status.
3) They have good transit times (unlike your GF suggestion which requires an overnight not to mention extra ££ on a hotel)
4) This goes to multiple destinations and not just BKK
5) Likely better cover in the case of IRROPS due to multiple partners.

Having said that I do see your point. Personally if I was prepared to bid for an upgrade each way and wanted to fly J I would take the GF option but can see why a lot of people wouldn’t.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 5:50 pm
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by pogonation

I suspect for the following reasons:
1) Because it saves £450 (A £1800 does a lot for a family of 4)
2) It earns miles in decent programs that will help people maintain or get status.
3) They have good transit times (unlike your GF suggestion which requires an overnight not to mention extra ££ on a hotel)
4) This goes to multiple destinations and not just BKK
5) Likely better cover in the case of IRROPS due to multiple partners.

Having said that I do see your point. Personally if I was prepared to bid for an upgrade each way and wanted to fly J I would take the GF option but can see why a lot of people wouldn’t.

Some good points, just a couple back. The Gulf Air has only just started requiring overnights/long connections. Until very recently on my dates (I haven't checked others) the connection was approx 2 hours, both directions. Those new long connection times are the reason I am not going with Gulf now, unfortunately. It also went to other destinations such as MNL (again, didn't look for others). I see your point about a family booking, but for those happy to try and pay for an upgrade, one way, it does seem a bit nuts to take PE to Asia for £950 given the frequency of J sales to the region. Each to their own!

Last edited by PxC; Sep 11, 2018 at 6:46 pm
Old Sep 11, 2018, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by PxC
Curious why anyone would take PE (especially if paying 300 for an upgrade one way) for this price when you can get LHR-BKK on Gulf (J) for just over £1k with all segments on a Dreamliner with Apex Suites
  • It's £600 vs £1000+
  • Earns miles in *A
  • Widely available from UK regional airports
  • ditto without crazy connection times
nufnuf77 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.