Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Oneworld: UL: DXB-CGK in J, $800 R/T

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oneworld: UL: DXB-CGK in J, $800 R/T

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2019, 3:18 am

Programs: BAEC | qantas | IHG | Hilton Honors | Priority Pass | Nandos
Originally Posted by Lefly
That means I'll wait another week and then, if nothing happens, proceed to claim for missing TP/Avios... Thank you!
My experience of UL earned points was slightly different - but it was the same pattern for both of my runs. I posted this a few weeks ago:

I can't guarantee the accuracy 100% without looking it up, but I think that the points get credited on Wednesdays. There's a cutoff though. For flights in one week up to Thursday (I think), you'll get the points the following Weds. From that Friday onwards, you get the points a week later. So, I had a UL flight on 1 March and got the points on 13 March, whereas a flight on 25 Feb was credited on 6 Mar.
Old May 28, 2019, 11:26 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Just an update regarding TP/Avios posting date. Today, May 29th (Wednesday), I got the points for the first run of May 18th (Saturday).
I therefore now expect the other points to arrive same day next week.
msm2000uk and peter h like this.
Old May 29, 2019, 7:06 am

Programs: BA exec, HHonors Diamond
Just an update regarding TP/Avios posting date. Today, May 29th (Wednesday), I got the points for the first run of May 18th (Saturday).
I therefore now expect the other points to arrive same day next week.
Hi M, nice to meet up.
my TP and Avios from the outbound 21/5 and 23/5 ret flights posted this morning (29/5) 560 tp in the bag and Gold til 2021.
Regards T
Lefly likes this.

Last edited by Telecasterman; May 29, 2019 at 8:15 am
Old May 29, 2019, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by Telecasterman
Hi M, nice to meet up.
my TP and Avios from the outbound 21/5 and 23/5 ret flights posted this morning (29/5) 560 tp in the bag and Gold til 2021.
Regards T
It has been a pleasure
It's curious that you got the points for the 21-23/5 run already, while I have received only the ones from the run before.
Telecasterman likes this.
Old May 29, 2019, 10:18 am

It has been a pleasure
It's curious that you got the points for the 21-23/5 run already, while I have received only the ones from the run before.
I think it's because your flights were at the start of the 'collection' week and Telecasterman's were at the end. My hypothesis is that points credited today (the 29th) were for UL flights from Friday 17th to Thursday 23rd inclusive.
Telecasterman likes this.
Old May 29, 2019, 10:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G, LH FTL, IHG Diamond
I am now joining the crowd here with my flights booked.
Only doing the round once since I am planning to go to other places in Asia during that time and going from DXB instead AUH as flights to DXB were cheaper out of Germany. Plus I want to try out UL's A330. Currently it is the -200 outbound and the -300 with the newer seats inbound.
Wonder how consistent these plans will be...

Can someone maybe add my dates to the wiki?
It seems I cannot do this myself

04-09-2019 BA105 LHR-DXB SirToby
06-09-2019 UL226 DXB-CMB SirToby
07-09-2019 UL364 CMB-CGK SirToby
16-09-2019 UL365 CGK-CMB SirToby
16-09-2019 UL225 CMB-DXB SirToby
17-09-2019 BA106 DXB-LHR SirToby
Old May 29, 2019, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by peter h
I think it's because your flights were at the start of the 'collection' week and Telecasterman's were at the end. My hypothesis is that points credited today (the 29th) were for UL flights from Friday 17th to Thursday 23rd inclusive.
Yes, but we took these flights together... if he got the 23-25/5 flights points today, Shouldn't I have received the same in addition to the earlier run?
Old May 29, 2019, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Yes, but we took these flights together... if he got the 23-25/5 flights points today, Shouldn't I have received the same in addition to the earlier run?
Just retro-claim the points through the BAEC website. It's simple enough to do.
Old May 29, 2019, 5:47 pm

Ah, I missed that you were on the same flights - but he said that he'd been credited for 21-23/5?
Old May 29, 2019, 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Just retro-claim the points through the BAEC website. It's simple enough to do.
Of course if they don't pop out i'll submit a claim I was just finding the thing curious
Originally Posted by peter h
Ah, I missed that you were on the same flights - but he said that he'd been credited for 21-23/5?
My mistake. The flights we took together were indeed 21-23/5... I mixed up the numbers
peter h likes this.
Old May 30, 2019, 3:30 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LukeO9
Taken from other responses that it is actually 2 train changes, how long would the trip be? ...and how does that compare with cabs?
On topic, can people recommend an airport hotel?
Hi Luke,

Sorry for the delay in replying. You are quite right that Cikini isn't served by the Loop Line, I must have been mixing it up with another station, apologies .

Do however keep an eye on the ARS website for news of the train carrying on to serve Manggarai - once it does, it will be an easy change for 1 stop to Cikini
LukeO9 likes this.
Old May 30, 2019, 4:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G, LH FTL, IHG Diamond
Just to add a question, probably was already discussed here:

Does UL check bags through to other oneworld carriers on different tickets?
Old May 30, 2019, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by SirToby

Yes it does.
With me the check-in lady in CGK looked carefully to the allowance for the other tickets' class, and I had to remind her that as Gold/OWE even if the last ticket was in Y I had 2 bags anyway.
Once solved the little hiccup, no problem at all.
SirToby likes this.
Old May 30, 2019, 5:09 am

Programs: LH; BA; OK
They also checked the baggage through other carriers which are not 1W members. I was flying CGK-CMB-DOH-FRA-HAM. And the baggage arrived in HAM without any problem.
SirToby likes this.
Old May 30, 2019, 2:35 pm

Programs: BA exec, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by SirToby

definitely, as Lefly says.
Show your UL booking and connecting One World ticket. I was flying onto BA AUH-LHR-MAN. All done and bags arrived at MAN. Very efficient.
They are a tad confused sometimes if you are traveling onward in a lower class , just explain your status
enjoy T
SirToby likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.