Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Oneworld: UL: DXB-CGK in J, $800 R/T

Oneworld: UL: DXB-CGK in J, $800 R/T

Old Feb 23, 2019, 3:22 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by onobond
A question to those already done this route - what AUH hotel to recommend for at least the outbound? Spending 20h in an airport isn't tempting, even if there were lounges open (haven't actually checked if there are). Premier Inn has a convenient location, and as has been reported, liberally allows late check-out at 18.00, which suites well for a 22.00 departure. Any other suggestions?
There is AUH Aloft hotel, which is located in the middle between the city and airport.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 4:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, Flyblue
Originally Posted by peter h
My e-ticket receipt says 3 hours (and that was also the case in DXB)
It is 3 hours for the normal check in desk at AUH. I turned up then but all of the above check in signage was for economy. I was directed to the left hand side of T1 where there seems to be a general business check in counter, not necessarily restricted to UL. Because I didn’t check it out before the 3 hours then I am not sure if the business check I’m desk would accept to issue BPs before the 3 hours.
Lefly likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 5:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, Flyblue
Originally Posted by onobond
A question to those already done this route - what AUH hotel to recommend for at least the outbound? Spending 20h in an airport isn't tempting, even if there were lounges open (haven't actually checked if there are). Premier Inn has a convenient location, and as has been reported, liberally allows late check-out at 18.00, which suites well for a 22.00 departure. Any other suggestions?

A suggestion for the Wiki would be to enter both positioning flights and hotel stays related. Any aspects on that?
I advised about the 18:00 check in for Premier Inn but only if you book directly with them. Even though I told them upon arriving at 0015 on the BA flight, they still rang me at 10:45 to check and it was no problem at all. It was useful for me to be able to work that day and save up a day’s holiday leave. A fellow FT’er stayed at a hotel called Traders and he said it has a nice pool and private beach.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Having my suggestion of entering positioning flights and hotel stays approved by msm2000uk, who came up with the good idea of adding a Wiki, I'm entering my positioning flights now. Still working on the hotel, I eagerly await more experiences/suggestions, but info will be added after making a reservation.

Encouraging all who are in the Wiki now, or planning to join, to also enter flights & hotels
msm2000uk likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 11:07 am

Programs: BAEC | qantas | IHG | Hilton Honors | Priority Pass | Nandos
Originally Posted by Nagolnagol
It is 3 hours for the normal check in desk at AUH. I turned up then but all of the above check in signage was for economy. I was directed to the left hand side of T1 where there seems to be a general business check in counter, not necessarily restricted to UL. Because I didn’t check it out before the 3 hours then I am not sure if the business check I’m desk would accept to issue BPs before the 3 hours.
Same thing happened for me tonight. Arrived with 2hr 50mins to go and the normal desk had a queue of maybe 20 people with LOTS of luggage.

Went to the generic first/business check in area. Two desks working and one was free (and, interestingly, no credit card check).Then to the dedicated passport/security lanes - again no wait at all. Probably from taxi to lounge in 10 minutes?
Lefly likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 11:52 pm

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
I'm rather late to the party here, and just starting to look through this - will think about April. Do UK nationals need a transit visa in advance for Sri Lanka?
Old Feb 25, 2019, 12:22 am

Programs: BA GGL, IB, LH, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Woodbinerich
I'm rather late to the party here, and just starting to look through this - will think about April. Do UK nationals need a transit visa in advance for Sri Lanka?
Only if you plan to leave the airport.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 6:00 am

Programs: BAEC | qantas | IHG | Hilton Honors | Priority Pass | Nandos
Originally Posted by bchang
Now that UL has moved to Terminal 3 (also used by MH), that should be an easier transit in CGK, especially if you already have your MH boarding pass.
It took me about an hour to get through to the arrivals hall today coming in on UL364. The aircraft arrived 15 mins early and I was first off into the jet bridge. The trouble was that our gate was towards the tip of extension at the western end of the terminal. It felt like I walked the whole length of the terminal to get to baggage claim - I was HBO, so no delay there. To immigration and it looked like an Eva Air flight had recently arrived, as the foreigner lanes were packed (and only 5 lanes out of 8 were manned). At customs, there were more short queues to have your luggage scanned again - and finally out!

Sorry, rant over!
Old Feb 25, 2019, 9:39 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GFL, HH DIAMOND, STAR ALLIANCE GOLD, EMIRATES GOLD, SKY TEAM ELITE PLUS
Hi, I was looking to do the AUH-CMB-CGK run in the middle of March. I was looking to do two back to backs, as time is limited. I intend to spend a night in Jakata on each, but I wonder if anyone has done the AUH end back to back. I note some have confirmed at Jakata you need a printed boarding pass, but what about AUH? Sri Lankan airlines website states phone boarding passes are accepted in AUH (Several destinations are listed as not).
Has anyone successful done this by checking in online and having a mobile boarding pass at AUH, also what’s the procedure for transiting in AUH, is it via transit security or just arrival at gate then into main terminal like USA domestic/Singapore etc. All help greatly appreciated.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 12:38 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by C.Berry
Hi, I was looking to do the AUH-CMB-CGK run in the middle of March. I was looking to do two back to backs, as time is limited. I intend to spend a night in Jakata on each, but I wonder if anyone has done the AUH end back to back. I note some have confirmed at Jakata you need a printed boarding pass, but what about AUH? Sri Lankan airlines website states phone boarding passes are accepted in AUH (Several destinations are listed as not).
Has anyone successful done this by checking in online and having a mobile boarding pass at AUH, also what’s the procedure for transiting in AUH, is it via transit security or just arrival at gate then into main terminal like USA domestic/Singapore etc. All help greatly appreciated.
Not in their FAQ.
https://www.srilankan.com/en_uk/copo...etails?type=18
Which airports accept eBoarding Passes?
An eBoarding pass is the boarding pass that you receive once you have checked-in online. You will receive this to the email address that you’ve entered at the time of checking-in online.
Except the destinations mentioned below, all other airports accept e-boarding passes.

Abu Dhabi - Bangalore - Beijing - Canton - Chennai - Cochin - Dhak - Delhi - Doha (Home Printed with Bar code is ONLY allowed) - Jakarta...
Me, I wouldn't risk it.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 5:04 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by peter h
Same thing happened for me tonight. Arrived with 2hr 50mins to go and the normal desk had a queue of maybe 20 people with LOTS of luggage.

Went to the generic first/business check in area. Two desks working and one was free (and, interestingly, no credit card check).Then to the dedicated passport/security lanes - again no wait at all. Probably from taxi to lounge in 10 minutes?
Had this earlier today - 2 hidden podiums in the corner for all F/J pax.

Was asked for my credit card, but even with that, I was through within 7mins of being dropped off.

The flight from AUH-CMB was wholly uneventful, but I would strongly recommend avoiding Row 1 - far less leg room when reclining.

In Row 2, even with the seat in front of me reclined, I could easily get out to the aisle.

I'll put some photos up a bit later.

M
Nagolnagol likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 9:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
....but I would strongly recommend avoiding Row 1 - far less leg room when reclining.

In Row 2, even with the seat in front of me reclined, I could easily get out to the aisle.

M
I've booked DXB-CGK-DXB x2 (all 320/1) and have selected seat 1A for all flights. I'm not a tall person, and find it much easier to get out of, as I don't have to struggle over someone with the seat in front fully reclined. But, YMMV.

I also did this last year, and lucked out as all flights were changed to 333.
msm2000uk likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 12:04 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
I did find the leg space and pitch on both the A320 and the A321 very good, even when the person in front was fully reclined.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 3:07 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
I can't get Amex Travel to recognise Jakarta as a destination. Anyone else having an issue?
Old Feb 27, 2019, 3:27 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
I can't get Amex Travel to recognise Jakarta as a destination. Anyone else having an issue?

Its deliberate apparently no idea why, they don't allow hotel bookings there either. Voucher has to be used online too which means the call centre can't help either
Wozza2404 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.