Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Oneworld: UL: DXB-CGK in J, $800 R/T

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oneworld: UL: DXB-CGK in J, $800 R/T

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2020, 3:02 am

Programs: BA exec, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Grace B
Good to hear. I may well need to change my tix for Sept/Oct, but will wait for a month or two to better see how it might all pan out.

I note that this policy is valid until 31 May 2020.
One data point on rescheduling. UL were insistent that it can only be done up to 12 months from the date of your original purchase date.
T
Grace B and Pilot37 like this.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 6:08 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OWS), OZ Diamond (*G), TK Elite (*G), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
UAE will stop issuing all visas (except diplomatic) starting on the 17th. I wonder if UL will give a refund of the inboud leg I was supposed to fly on the 31st...

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN2110M4

Update: No they won't if they don't cancel the flight.

Last edited by AnttiV; Mar 15, 2020 at 1:32 am Reason: Added datapoint and better reference link
Old Mar 15, 2020, 9:10 am

Update from Sri Lankan CAA (15/3).To suspend temporarily entry of passengers to Sri Lanka arriving from Belgium, Norway and the United Kingdom for a period of two weeks up to 30/3

https://news.lk/news/political-curre...y-of-sri-lanka
Old Mar 15, 2020, 1:06 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Honors Diamond, Virgin Flying Club Gold
I’ve just done my first run from DXB-CMB-CGK and returned to a very quiet Dubai and going back to LHR in WT+ tomorrow morning. Very easy and straightforward and thank you to everyone for your tips in doing this and for the many conversations I’ve had with fellow TP runners. Will definitely be back again once the virus situation dies down. The airports have been incredibly quiet which is clearly down to the ongoing situation. I had a trip out to Malta next week which would have taken me to Silver but will have to cancel that now and rearrange. Health comes first at the end of the day!
Old Mar 15, 2020, 2:31 pm

Indonesia travel advice 15-Mar-20

Have just noticed UK advising against all but essential travel to the whole country.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 6:08 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR / QF LTG
I have read all the news alerts on the Sri Lankan website about UK passport holders but there is no mention of passengers in transit, only that entry will be denied. Does anyone have further information on this as I have a TP run coming up.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 4:31 am

Originally Posted by Jase76
I have read all the news alerts on the Sri Lankan website about UK passport holders but there is no mention of passengers in transit, only that entry will be denied. Does anyone have further information on this as I have a TP run coming up.
Just home after passing through CMB on a AUH-CGK run; no restriction on transit pax was in force at CMB yesterday (15-Mar) or outbound on 13-Mar for me (UK Passport holder). There is a physical passport check as well as the temperature screening as soon as off the bus from remote stand or in the jetway if on stand, so if you've been in one of the virus hotspots (e.g. China) they'll nab you. The only difference I saw at CMB between 13-Mar and 15-Mar was an Army chap providing backup to meeting and greeting nurses.

Ian
Old Mar 16, 2020, 5:02 am

Originally Posted by Spongthrush
Just home after passing through CMB on a AUH-CGK run; no restriction on transit pax was in force at CMB yesterday (15-Mar) or outbound on 13-Mar for me (UK Passport holder). There is a physical passport check as well as the temperature screening as soon as off the bus from remote stand or in the jetway if on stand, so if you've been in one of the virus hotspots (e.g. China) they'll nab you. The only difference I saw at CMB between 13-Mar and 15-Mar was an Army chap providing backup to meeting and greeting nurses.
That sounds positive for transit passengers then. I think I'll use my Oz passport instead as well, Although I know they can see still see I am UK based. Have still send an email to Sri Lankan Airlines but am sure it will take a while to answer.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 6:29 am

Programs: BA Silver (OWS), OZ Diamond (*G), TK Elite (*G), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
That sounds positive for transit passengers then. I think I'll use my Oz passport instead as well, Although I know they can see still see I am UK based. Have still send an email to Sri Lankan Airlines but am sure it will take a while to answer.
Try calling. I got through in 5 mins couple of days ago.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by AnttiV
Try calling. I got through in 5 mins couple of days ago.
What time of day did you call? I have tried but gave up after 20 mins and emailed instead.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 9:01 am

What time of day did you call? I have tried but gave up after 20 mins and emailed instead.
Around 11AM GMT. Did you select you have a J class ticket?
Old Mar 16, 2020, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by AnttiV
Around 11AM GMT. Did you select you have a J class ticket?
Hi, I called around 11pm GMT on Friday. I selected the biz option on the phone and was through in approx 10mins. During the day I could not get through.
Good luck T
Old Mar 17, 2020, 2:33 am

Just one experience from my trip the other day.

While transiting in CMB AUH-CGK I was directed by Serendib lounge to the transit desk to get a lounge invite as I’d travelled on a paper BP printed in the Premier Inn AUH (red beep on boarding at AUH but they told me to board anyway). While at the transit desk I asked if they would print me a paper BP for my next (b2b) AUH-CMB-CGK for which I’d checked in. They flat refused and said I had to get that in AUH, so I didn’t argue as not critical and got a paper BP at hotel in CGK.

In the end I didn’t bother with the second AUH-CHK rotation due to deteriorating virus situation and Aviosed my way home when I got back to AUH (BA wanted £1153 to bring my WT+ flight forward 48 hours hence Avios)

In case there’s any intrepid travellers out there, keep a close eye on the CMB-CGK sectors as SriLankan have cancelled 18th and 20th although website ticker leads you to a page that says cancelled from 22-Mar.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 3:16 am

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Spongthrush
Just one experience from my trip the other day.

While transiting in CMB AUH-CGK I was directed by Serendib lounge to the transit desk to get a lounge invite as I’d travelled on a paper BP printed in the Premier Inn AUH (red beep on boarding at AUH but they told me to board anyway). While at the transit desk I asked if they would print me a paper BP for my next (b2b) AUH-CMB-CGK for which I’d checked in. They flat refused and said I had to get that in AUH, so I didn’t argue as not critical and got a paper BP at hotel in CGK.

In the end I didn’t bother with the second AUH-CHK rotation due to deteriorating virus situation and Aviosed my way home when I got back to AUH (BA wanted £1153 to bring my WT+ flight forward 48 hours hence Avios)

In case there’s any intrepid travellers out there, keep a close eye on the CMB-CGK sectors as SriLankan have cancelled 18th and 20th although website ticker leads you to a page that says cancelled from 22-Mar.
My CMB-CGK sectors on 29 and 30 March have been cancelled by Sri Lankan, so I am now waiting for all cancellations to come through (including BA LHR-AUH) so that I can request a refund. This was my first AUH-CMB-CGK TP run as well!
Old Mar 17, 2020, 3:45 am

Originally Posted by billinghamn
My CMB-CGK sectors on 29 and 30 March have been cancelled by Sri Lankan, so I am now waiting for all cancellations to come through (including BA LHR-AUH) so that I can request a refund. This was my first AUH-CMB-CGK TP run as well!
Yep, confirmed on their website flights to CGK cancelled:

https://www.srilankan.com/en_uk/copo...ews-detail/503

My TP run starts 2 April, so fully expect there to be further cancellations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.