Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Oneworld: UL: DXB-CGK in J, $800 R/T

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oneworld: UL: DXB-CGK in J, $800 R/T

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2019, 7:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
Quick tip for those booking into AUH - great BA Holidays package deal for a night in AUH - like Ł0.50 more than the flight. Have a look YMMV Safe travels
MaxFlyer, JessicaTam and msm2000uk like this.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 5:01 am

Programs: Skywards blue, OK Plus, Delta Skymiles, Avios, Etihad Guest
I am flying in two weeks with a friend, happy to have a drink in a lounge (I can not edit wiki yet):

17-01-2020 UL 226 DXB – CMB jonapet89
18-01-2020 UL 364 CMB – CGK jonapet89

21-01-2020 UL 365 CGK – CMB jonapet89

27-01-2020 UL 225 CMB – DXB jonapet89
Old Jan 3, 2020, 5:13 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by southlondonphil
There's a new mall adjacent I believe.
Yup. Attached to the hotel. Usual Starbucks and decent selection of restaurants.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by jonapet89
I am flying in two weeks with a friend, happy to have a drink in a lounge (I can not edit wiki yet):

17-01-2020 UL 226 DXB – CMB jonapet89
18-01-2020 UL 364 CMB – CGK jonapet89

21-01-2020 UL 365 CGK – CMB jonapet89

27-01-2020 UL 225 CMB – DXB jonapet89

Wiki updated.
Cheers!
Old Jan 4, 2020, 12:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by southlondonphil
Swissotel PIK Avenue which is close to the bay and the airport is included in Accor's latest "4x points for our new hotels" promotion which runs through to 8th March (book by 20th Jan). Could be of interest if you are a member of Accor's programme.
We've been in a bit of a fix over the last week, with a tad too much water. It's getting better, but large parts of the city, including PIK, are vulnerable to flooding during the rainy season(s).

Pondok Indah Kapuk (PIK - beautiful kapok-tree beach) was a very controversial development on protected coastal swamps. It still hosts the remnants of a mangrove reserve.

If you are heading here, you might want to consult this website (and hope they keep it updated )

https://petabencana.id/map/jakarta

Floods can seriously hamper movement into the city from the airport. The south Jakarta airport (HLP Halim Perdanakusuma) was closed for a time over new year because of flooding.

Last edited by IAN-UK; Jan 4, 2020 at 12:29 am
Old Jan 4, 2020, 1:44 am

Originally Posted by mattspod
How many QPoints would this earn?
I´m wondering this as well.
CMB-CGK will earn 30 (15+15) Qpoints.
However searching for the AUH-CMB and DXB-CMB legs the Qcalculator tells me "No city matching for your request".

Anyone have experience crediting this fare to QRPC? Do they not credit flights from AUH and DBX?
Old Jan 4, 2020, 1:48 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
We've been in a bit of a fix over the last week, with a tad too much water.
Well that's a problem I might like to have, living in Canberra. But, of course, it is a real problem, just different

And, oh, if the power goes out when it's 39 degrees C and the substations have been burnt out. But OT.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 3:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Grace B
Well that's a problem I might like to have, living in Canberra. But, of course, it is a real problem, just different

And, oh, if the power goes out when it's 39 degrees C and the substations have been burnt out. But OT.

Salient point - the impacts of changes to the world climate are complex and multi-faceted.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Salient point - the impacts of changes to the world climate are complex and multi-faceted.
This in a thread celebrating travelling back and forth between the UAE and Indonesia for no reason other than travel perks on other slightly-less unnecessary flights.

Probably best to get back on topic...
IAN-UK, NoY, Grace B and 3 others like this.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 9:52 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
I'm looking for July, either 1 or 2 RTs.
From my less than thorough research, it seems that:
Prices are back to the AED3300-3500. Any guess when the next sale might be, if there is one?
AUH flights are generally on A320s with recliner seats; DXB is more likely to get A330 with lie flats. Am I accurate?
I have been to DXB, AUH, CMB, and CGK. Actually liked all of them. DXB and AUH have some really nice hotels that in summer seem to be quite reasonable (yes, I know it's hot). Might stay a few days!
In Jakarta, I stayed at the Pullman Thamrin and it was awesome. Great location across from the mall, in front of the busway to old Jakarta, etc. Loved it.
Are CMB stopovers possible with these fares? I could see doing that too....
Sorry for all the random comments/questions!
Old Jan 12, 2020, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kyushuman
I'm looking for July, either 1 or 2 RTs.
From my less than thorough research, it seems that:
Prices are back to the AED3300-3500. Any guess when the next sale might be, if there is one?
AUH flights are generally on A320s with recliner seats; DXB is more likely to get A330 with lie flats. Am I accurate?
I have been to DXB, AUH, CMB, and CGK. Actually liked all of them. DXB and AUH have some really nice hotels that in summer seem to be quite reasonable (yes, I know it's hot). Might stay a few days!
In Jakarta, I stayed at the Pullman Thamrin and it was awesome. Great location across from the mall, in front of the busway to old Jakarta, etc. Loved it.
Are CMB stopovers possible with these fares? I could see doing that too....
Sorry for all the random comments/questions!

1. UL rather often advertise a sale, be sure to subscribe to their newsletter. Although, to get the more wide sale prices, one has to glimpse (and delete) the offers in economy from CMB. Just wait some 6-8 weeks to have a 25% rebate.

2. The once-daily flight from AUH normally is an A320. There are two daily flights DXB-CMB. The late evening flight with easy connection to CGK, is usually an A330 with lie-flats. Be sure to eat before the flight, bring shades and ear-plugs, as they are not always catered, in case you'll try to get some sleep on this red-eye.

3. Hot in UAE during summer months? Is the Pope Catholic? Actually not much worse than PHX in August. Lounge by the pool, travel air-conditioned and be sure to take that water bottle along.

4. Look at the Wiki, and scroll the last 5-6 months of posts for alternative hotels, if you like. I've found I rather stay in town, Doubletree CGK Diponegro is fine and reasonable priced, but hotel nights are cheap here compared to western countries, and there are luxury hotels with prices lower than good middle class places at home charge.

5. IIRC, there are reports on CMB stayovers in the thread. When I searched the ITA Matrix for flights to the two latest reservations I made, i had a suggestion of a stayover of 44 h in CMB, on the return to DXB, for only round €50 more. Considering that for my next time.

6. No need to excuse yourself fo questions, that's one of many things FT is for

Safe travels, and don't forget to add your flights and hotel stays to the wiki. You'll be meeting friends with similar interests.
jonapet89 likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 11:20 am

Any chance this is still live or is this long dead? Would love to go back to Jakarta.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Any chance this is still live or is this long dead? Would love to go back to Jakarta.
Having made four reservations for April and October some days before Christmas, I would hesitate to call anything dead, The regular UL sale, occurring many times per year is not specific for DXB/AUH-CGK, but this gem route is rather attractive for TP and mileage runners .

There's no guarantee for any return, but personally I would be surprised not finding another sales offer in the February-March time span.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 11:49 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by ZBigFam
I would consider it alive enough. Out of promo sale the AUH-CGK fare price is ca. 3300 AED, while sale price* is ca. 2475 AED, not changeable/not refundable. DXB-CGK isn't much more.

*Sales has come up often enough, usually around holidays.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 12:22 pm

Anyone positioning to dxb or auh from the US? Not sure if it's worth it for an MR?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.