Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Oneworld: UL: DXB-CGK in J, $800 R/T

Oneworld: UL: DXB-CGK in J, $800 R/T

Old Nov 28, 2019, 6:50 pm

Programs: QF LTG, VA Gold, BA Gold, HH, SFSC
Originally Posted by Telecasterman
The Hilton Capital Grand AUH will cease to be a Hilton Property mid December.

Ive contacted the hotel and they say - all Hilton bookings(miles/mix/cash etc...) beyond mid December will be cancelled and not honoured.

Its made my March run problematic. I had factored in 2 points stays.

T
That's a bit rough. IME other Hiltons that have changed brand have honoured bookings even if they can't credit HH stays.

I am staying there on the 12th, and haven't heard anything from them, so I hope it is ok. I had better give them a ring!
Old Nov 28, 2019, 7:11 pm

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
Originally Posted by JessicaTam
That's a bit rough. IME other Hiltons that have changed brand have honoured bookings even if they can't credit HH stays.

I am staying there on the 12th, and haven't heard anything from them, so I hope it is ok. I had better give them a ring!
Not a massive surprise. The hotel was looking rather run down with whole floors decommissioned when I was there in September.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by JessicaTam

It was a bit if a dump in 5-star terms - though some floors were kept in better nick than others. It wouldn't be a surprise if the place is closing down for refurbishment and rebranding.

UAE in general, Abu Dhabi in particular, are not strong spots in the Hilton portfolio!
Telecasterman and JessicaTam like this.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 7:27 am

Just booked a trip in August next year for $728. Awesome deal!
Old Nov 29, 2019, 3:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat for Life, ex BD Gld (RIP)
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
So another 8 UL flights completed, including 5 on the same airframe - I know seat 2F exceptionally well!

Great to fly with datschi and to meet superscot and probably a couple of others too whose FT names I forgot to ask.

M
Nice to meet up and chat in the CGK immigration queue. I hope that you have recovered from your sojourn in 2F.
Currently enjoying myself in Flores. I really urge people doing this run to spend some time in this wonderful and incredibly diverse country if your schedules allow.
msm2000uk likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 6:55 am

Programs: QF LTG, VA Gold, BA Gold, HH, SFSC
The AUH HH website is showing the following alert:

Please note that as of 18 December 2019, Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi will cease to operate as a Hilton hotel. As a result, stays booked past this date will not accrue Honors points. Please contact the hotel direct in case of any questions regarding your booking on [email protected]
So it suggests that bookings will be honoured, but not as part of HH.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 12:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by superscot
..I really urge people doing this run to spend some time in this wonderful and incredibly diverse country if your schedules allow.
I second that advice. But fear there are an awful lot of deaf ears for it to fall on

I'm in Java and the Sundas over Christmas, but apart from one of next year's trip salted away in Friday's irresistible sale, I've shifted to the infinite improvement in comfort offered by TK and QR for a modest premium in fare.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 1:40 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Nice to meet up and chat in the CGK immigration queue. I hope that you have recovered from your sojourn in 2F.
Currently enjoying myself in Flores. I really urge people doing this run to spend some time in this wonderful and incredibly diverse country if your schedules allow.
It's the traffic that's killing exploring ideas in CGK for me. Bali is way better
allset2travel likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 1:58 am

Originally Posted by Lefly
It's the traffic that's killing exploring ideas in CGK for me. Bali is way better
No need to stay in Jakarta - just catch a cheap flight to wherever takes your fancy (although it may not earn any miles unless it's GA. If you have to stay over take airport train to BNI City and stay in one of the many OK hotels within a 10 min walk.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 2:00 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I second that advice. But fear there are an awful lot of deaf ears for it to fall on

I'm in Java and the Sundas over Christmas, but apart from one of next year's trip salted away in Friday's irresistible sale, I've shifted to the infinite improvement in comfort offered by TK and QR for a modest premium in fare.
I missed the irresistible sale - too busy gorging on seafood on Labuan Bajo. What was the sale offer?

Last edited by superscot; Dec 3, 2019 at 2:01 am Reason: Correction
Old Dec 3, 2019, 2:43 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
I missed the irresistible sale - too busy gorging on seafood on Labuan Bajo. What was the sale offer?
Up to 40% discount for business flights. The AUH-CGK run was down to 2475 AED from the standard 3125 AED.
I had to skip this one, but I'll wait for the next. This year they had a sale every 3/4 months. Hope the same for 2020.

No need to stay in Jakarta - just catch a cheap flight to wherever takes your fancy (although it may not earn any miles unless it's GA. If you have to stay over take airport train to BNI City and stay in one of the many OK hotels within a 10 min walk.
Unfortunately it doesn't really work for tight timings, like just one night on site.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 1:43 am

Up to 40% discount for business flights. The AUH-CGK run was down to 2475 AED from the standard 3125 AED.
Sounds good - hopefully I'll be able to get on the next sale. Looking forward to my next trip In June. In Timor-Leste at the moment.

Last edited by superscot; Dec 4, 2019 at 1:44 am Reason: Typo
Old Dec 4, 2019, 4:29 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
I've just booked this trip for next week (last minute work trip requires me to be in CGK). Google Flights failed to find a fare but Matrix did - was 3215 AED from AUH, but only 200 AED more to go from DXB with the lie flat seat. No brainer.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 7:46 am

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond
All my points for the 3 trips posted today
Old Dec 4, 2019, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's the traffic that's killing exploring ideas in CGK for me. ....
Unfortunately it doesn't really work for tight timings, like just one night on site.
If you wanted some time in the city, avoid the road traffic by taking the train. It's frequent, cheaper than a a taxi, and in 40 minutes drops you at BNI Sudirman station bang in the centre of the city within an easy walk of a number of hotels (including a Holiday Inn Express) and the swankiest of shopping malls.
MaxFlyer and Lefly like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.