Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Oneworld: UL: DXB-CGK in J, $800 R/T

Oneworld: UL: DXB-CGK in J, $800 R/T

Old Aug 12, 2019, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Lefly
I was indeed thinking of it as TP run. And I think it can also depending from how many runs you do between the positioning flights. Doing just one probably isn't that great, but from the second run the TP/money ratio should be more interesting.
OK, I get it ! 1700 could earn 1400 TPs in your scenario. So it could be a way to ensure requalification for those at GGL level.

A pretty soulless way to get there, but each to his own
Old Aug 12, 2019, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
I was indeed thinking of it as TP run. And I think it can also depending from how many runs you do between the positioning flights. Doing just one probably isn't that great, but from the second run the TP/money ratio should be more interesting.
OK, I get it 1700 could get you 1400 TPs in your scenario. So it could be a way to ensure requalification for those at GGL level.

A pretty soulless way to get there, but there we are ...

If you want an easier and cheaper trip to Jakarta theres a Garuda thread in this forum: direct non-stop from Lonndon to Medan, then Jakarta.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by flyingnomad

Yes, it is possible to stay airside at both airports when doing B2B.
I am currently in the middle of a set of 2 of these trips, with the B2B originally scheduled in AUH.

Last night the CMB-AUH-CMB sectors were downgraded to Y only (using UL's orphan A332 4R-ALS).

I have successfully convinced the UL team to reroute me to DXB, so I am now travelling CGK-CMB-DXB-CMB-CGK.

I had researched and prepared for the AUH B2B option so I am a bit concerned about doing the B2B in DXB.

I am successfully checked in for the CGK-CMB-DXB flights, with airport printed boarding passes, and I have the A4 printout of my DXB-CMB boarding pass.

Any other tips or suggestions, based on your collective wisdom, on how to approach the DXB B2B.

Thanks
Old Aug 21, 2019, 9:25 am

BA WTP UK-AUH September sale

rather cheap BA WTP positioning flights in Sep
LHR-AUH-LHR 537 / 575€ = 180tp
INV-LHR-AUH-LHR-INV 465 / 500€ = 200tp
msm2000uk, Lefly and Justin Case like this.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 9:38 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Has anyone already flew one of the reduced fares marked as not earning points in UL FF program, and got standard BAEC TPs awarded?
Old Aug 21, 2019, 1:24 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Has anyone already flew one of the reduced fares marked as not earning points in UL FF program, and got standard BAEC TPs awarded?
I'm waiting for the AUH-CGK fares to drop below the current 700 they sit at before booking another few - aslong as they'll credit!

M
Old Aug 21, 2019, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
I'm waiting for the AUH-CGK fares to drop below the current 730 they sit at before booking another few - aslong as they'll credit!

M
I agree. I didn't book in the last sale because there was no evidence/experience yet regarding TPs credit. If the TPs credit anyway, then the next sale will be fair game
Old Aug 21, 2019, 9:34 pm

Programs: BA GGL for a little while longer
My UL sectors have a slightly patchy record when it comes to TPs. I'd say about 1 in 4 have needed a chase after a couple of weeks.

Hence why I always get paper BPs if I can 😉

All square so far though, so a minor irritation rather than a pain...
Old Aug 21, 2019, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by OverTheHorizon
My UL sectors have a slightly patchy record when it comes to TPs. I'd say about 1 in 4 have needed a chase after a couple of weeks.

Hence why I always get paper BPs if I can 😉

All square so far though, so a minor irritation rather than a pain...
Same for me. But the sale I was talking about was a different affair, as it was marked as not eligible for miles earning on the booking page (plus not changeable, not refundable).
Old Aug 22, 2019, 3:19 am

My 2 outward UL legs have not credited whereas inwards have. Its been 3 weeks now and my claim has been rejected as its apparently already been awarded(it hasn't) or is a duplicate claim (it isn't)
Old Aug 22, 2019, 3:49 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by acquiescefc
My 2 outward UL legs have not credited whereas inwards have. Its been 3 weeks now and my claim has been rejected as its apparently already been awarded(it hasn't) or is a duplicate claim (it isn't)
I had this for a while (6 weeks), but PM'd BAmissingavios on FT, and she resolved it within 48 hours.

M
acquiescefc likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 4:59 am

Programs: QF LTG, VA Gold, BA Gold, HH, SFSC
I have been looking for flights late Nov/early Dec. Prices have been consistently high, and there are no flights listed on the wiki. Has that period been regularly blocked out, or have the prices been lower, and just no FTers have booked then?
Old Aug 22, 2019, 7:59 am

Early 2019 the prices were 150 euros cheaper than the current ones.

P.S.
Not every FTer post their trip schedule in the forums.
JessicaTam likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 12:32 pm

Programs: BA GGL, FB Platinum, MF Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG PA
Anyone here doing AUH-CGK between Sep 10 - Oct 3?
Old Aug 25, 2019, 8:41 am

I'll be doing this run, beginning of September some time. Found for around 690 at the moment. Wait or purchase? I hear there *might* be a sale, when though, who knows!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.