Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Oneworld: UL: DXB-CGK in J, $800 R/T

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oneworld: UL: DXB-CGK in J, $800 R/T

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2019, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by Dicksbits
Higher and higher: £685 rtn now: AUH - CGK. I assume this is the weak pound driving the cost up.
Can be found for £641 on OTA’s
Old Jul 13, 2019, 4:53 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Croupier

Can be found for £641 on OTA’s
Would you recommend any?
Old Jul 14, 2019, 3:54 am

Old Jul 14, 2019, 11:14 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by Dicksbits
Would you recommend any?
I used gotogate for mine, and they were fine - albeit I wouldn't necessarily want to have to use their customer service!

M
Old Jul 16, 2019, 1:32 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, M&M LT SEN, AZ Plat, WoH LT Glob, HH Diam
20% discount on business fares from AUH on srilankan.com.
Book before 25 July 2019, travel from 27 July to 31 December 2019.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 3:33 am

Programs: BAEC | qantas | IHG | Hilton Honors | Priority Pass | Nandos
Originally Posted by Glenlivet
20% discount on business fares from AUH on srilankan.com.
Book before 25 July 2019, travel from 27 July to 31 December 2019.
I got an email too!

A random search on the SriLankan site for flights in December gives a uniform midweek price of AED2795 for the 'Biz Saver' fare - currently around £611.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 3:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat for Life, ex BD Gld (RIP)
Also, if considering buying through an OTA, that you get your first date change free (unless the date change forces a refare) if you purchase direct.
I've only ever purchased these tickets using my Amex, but I believe that if you purchase direct using Visa or MC, then you get round the need for the credit card check when checking in. Others may know about this more definitively than me.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 4:39 am

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by superscot
Also, if considering buying through an OTA, that you get your first date change free (unless the date change forces a refare) if you purchase direct.
I've only ever purchased these tickets using my Amex, but I believe that if you purchase direct using Visa or MC, then you get round the need for the credit card check when checking in. Others may know about this more definitively than me.
If you purchase direct from UL with Visa/MC, you don't have to do the credit card check.

If you purchase from an OTA, using Amex, there is no credit card check.

The check is only really of consequence if you're doing a back-to-back.

M
Old Jul 19, 2019, 3:12 am

Just received another EMail from Sri Lankan suggesting that from tomorrow there are 40% discounts available on J fares, booking period 20-28 July. Some more details Sri Lankan website. That link takes you to a UK page, but the UAE pages show the same. All a bit vague but might be worth holding off any purchases until tomorrow.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 5:36 am

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR / QF LTG
Originally Posted by superscot
Just received another EMail from Sri Lankan suggesting that from tomorrow there are 40% discounts available on J fares, booking period 20-28 July. Some more details Sri Lankan website. That link takes you to a UK page, but the UAE pages show the same. All a bit vague but might be worth holding off any purchases until tomorrow.
Terms and conditions

This discount is available only for tickets purchased online at www.srilankan.com
  • Tickets must be purchased between 20 July – 28 July 2019 to be valid for this offer. The travel period is between 27 July 2019 – 15 July 2020
  • Travel between 05 December 2019 – 15 January 2020 is not valid for this offer to and from any destination
  • Fares displayed on Srilankan.com are already discounted
  • This offer is only available for selected fare classes
  • Prices are subject to tax fluctuations
  • Please note that the fares will be subject to availability
  • This offer cannot be combined with any other existing offer
  • Please note that the standard terms and conditions and fare rules will continue to apply. In order to gain a greater understanding, please read the fare conditions online at the time of purchase as fare rules vary by ticket and destination
  • SriLankan Airlines Ltd reserves the right to withdraw all or any of the rules applicable to the above offers at any time at its sole discretion without prior notice
  • General terms and conditions of credit/debit cards will continue to apply
Old Jul 19, 2019, 6:56 am

So, no good for my planned solo trip at the start of December
Old Jul 19, 2019, 11:59 am

Out of curiosity, IF the fares are really at a 40% reduction, I would be happy to buddy up with someone to do a b2b2b (or just a b2b) on the trip - so either booking 2 or 3 runs consecutively.

I'm happy to cover the initial cost with the view that you'll send me payment after I send you the confirmation etc.

If interested, please PM me.

M
Old Jul 19, 2019, 2:37 pm

The AUH-CGK fare is coming up at 2,415 AED opposed to 2,750 AED - so a saving of circa £200.

M
Old Jul 19, 2019, 9:49 pm
formerly Guanran Wang

Programs: Alaska, BAEC, Asiana, Aegean, Enrich, Marriott/SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
The AUH-CGK fare is coming up at 2,415 AED opposed to 2,750 AED - so a saving of circa £200.

M
What is your travel period?
Old Jul 19, 2019, 10:29 pm
formerly Guanran Wang

Programs: Alaska, BAEC, Asiana, Aegean, Enrich, Marriott/SPG, Hilton
on UL site, the Biz promo excursion fares earns no miles. Does it still earn avios and TP with BA?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.