Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Oneworld: UL: DXB-CGK in J, $800 R/T

Oneworld: UL: DXB-CGK in J, $800 R/T

Old Mar 30, 2024, 12:36 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Iberia Oro, Finnair Platinum, Hilton Diamond
So I managed to solve everything by email after my CGK-CMB cancellation. Initially they said there was no Qatar business availability and suggested CGK-KUL-CMB-AUH, but I insisted a bit more and it turned out that there was no business availability on DOH-AUH so I said I'd be happy to downgrade for that sector. But when everything was ticketed it booked into F class. So happy to try the Qsuites and I guess the Al Safwa lounge.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 2:21 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott, IHG, Sirius, Dusit, Thai, Virgin, Hyatt, BAA, AS, AA(both)
Originally Posted by rbhout
So I managed to solve everything by email after my CGK-CMB cancellation. Initially they said there was no Qatar business availability and suggested CGK-KUL-CMB-AUH, but I insisted a bit more and it turned out that there was no business availability on DOH-AUH so I said I'd be happy to downgrade for that sector. But when everything was ticketed it booked into F class. So happy to try the Qsuites and I guess the Al Safwa lounge.
No idea where my first two attempts to reply have gone but ...

For the QR reroute - there is no J or I class ever on DOH AUH - QR only has First and Economy on it's 'inter regional' Middle East flights (so yes you get Al Swafa)

QR 959 CGK DOH
J5 C5 D5 I5 R5 P5 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 L9 V9 S9 N9 Q9 T9 O9 W0
QR 1054 DOH AUH
F5 A5 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 L9 V9 S9 N9 Q9 T9 O9 W0

If this is for British Airways Tier Points, please let us know how you get on with the Original Routing Credit (ORC) as you will now be down on TPS 140 + 60 vs 140 + 140 - I assume you are going CGK-DOH-AUH ? Although I'm not sure which route you are on (or potential neither does UL).

Cheers
IanWorthington and rbhout like this.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 2:29 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott, IHG, Sirius, Dusit, Thai, Virgin, Hyatt, BAA, AS, AA(both)
Originally Posted by IanWorthington
1. Complaints foster improvements.
2. If you're not the customer you're the product. Though, in this case, I suspect more likely the tester.
You have to remember that Matrix was a project of love by a couple of MIT nerds on the back of their day jobs and
1) it's the closest we the public will get to a GDS input
2) it's still there despite Google threatening to pull the plug a few times (we lost the App which was really good and fast when you were stuck)
3) it's relatively cheap, well I mean it's free, unlike say Expert Flyer which will show class availability but won't pull GDS data to pull a fare together.

Anyways that's all a separate Pub conversation but please add likes as a cheers to the Matrix
jagmeets, Keter, zoombee and 5 others like this.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 3:19 pm

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by E14 26C
You have to remember that Matrix was a project of love by a couple of MIT nerds on the back of their day jobs and
1) it's the closest we the public will get to a GDS input
2) it's still there despite Google threatening to pull the plug a few times (we lost the App which was really good and fast when you were stuck)
3) it's relatively cheap, well I mean it's free, unlike say Expert Flyer which will show class availability but won't pull GDS data to pull a fare together.

Anyways that's all a separate Pub conversation but please add likes as a cheers to the Matrix
Fair enuf. I am chastised. I shall retreat back under me rock.
E14 26C likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 3:35 pm

Fair enuf. I am chastised. I shall retreat back under me rock.

Lol, this isnt the BA forum - alls good here.
NoY, IanWorthington and Hudute like this.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 4:35 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
I have now booked my double header in May.

Im positioning to AUH with a BAH from JER in premium, which Ive GUFd to J. AM arrival then the flight the same day to CMB.

Arriving in CGK for the first time Im staying at the Double Tree for 2 nights. Ill then spend a night in AUH before my 2nd attempt which will include a one night start at the Garden Inn. Then another overnight before the 10am flight back to LHR.

I will continue to monitor this thread for any tips. Ive already noted the various contact options in case of irrops
Old Mar 30, 2024, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by kingcole974
I have now booked my double header in May.

Im positioning to AUH with a BAH from JER in premium, which Ive GUFd to J. AM arrival then the flight the same day to CMB.

Arriving in CGK for the first time Im staying at the Double Tree for 2 nights. Ill then spend a night in AUH before my 2nd attempt which will include a one night start at the Garden Inn. Then another overnight before the 10am flight back to LHR.

I will continue to monitor this thread for any tips. Ive already noted the various contact options in case of irrops
May I ask how much they charged you for the guf from pe to j? I was under the impression that there were a shed load of additional charges in a cabin change so I booked y with the plan to guf to pe later. Have I got this backwards?

Would love your opinion on the hotels too, afterwards? I'm looking for a hotel that actually keeps its non-smoking rooms for non-smokers...
Old Mar 30, 2024, 7:04 pm

The fee was 320. Note Im only flying JER LHR AUH LHR. I class available on all. Realise best use is J to F but worked for us this time.

Im usually a Hilton boy so made sense to choose these hotels. Happy to report back.
IanWorthington likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Which Doubletree? There are two now, with another opening later this year. We love the original next to the Cikini train station. We stayed at the HGI last year in Jakarta. The mall access is nice, but the rooms are all fairly small.
Lefly likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Which Doubletree? There are two now, with another opening later this year. We love the original next to the Cikini train station. We stayed at the HGI last year in Jakarta. The mall access is nice, but the rooms are all fairly small.
Dipenogoro. The only one on my Hilton App
Rim1 likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 11:14 am

May I ask how much they charged you for the guf from pe to j? I was under the impression that there were a shed load of additional charges in a cabin change so I booked y with the plan to guf to pe later. Have I got this backwards?
Probably better off in the BA forums but yes, you have it slightly backwards

The TFC increments are based on a fares I pulled today
Y-T 177 increase
T-J or F 304 increase

The Y fare is around 470, the T fare is around 980, the J fare (I class) is around 2,650 and the F fare (A class) is around 3,350 - so with a GUF you are best booking a WTP and GUF into J (1,284)

Note you can't GUF or UUA hotlines - which I forgot ...

Booking JER-LHR-AUH-LHR should be a fare of 845 with 318 TFC increase to GUF into I class (1,163)
IanWorthington likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Dipenogoro. The only one on my Hilton App
The second Doubletree has shown on the app since mid February. The newest Doubletree is a rebranded IHG property. Id stick with the original, as its a very proven property.
Rim1 and Sifu like this.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by E14 26C
Probably better off in the BA forums but yes, you have it slightly backwards

The TFC increments are based on a fares I pulled today
Y-T 177 increase
T-J or F 304 increase

The Y fare is around 470, the T fare is around 980, the J fare (I class) is around 2,650 and the F fare (A class) is around 3,350 - so with a GUF you are best booking a WTP and GUF into J (1,284)

Note you can't GUF or UUA hotlines - which I forgot ...

Booking JER-LHR-AUH-LHR should be a fare of 845 with 318 TFC increase to GUF into I class (1,163)

AH, I think you're saying one gets best back for the buck in this case for booking WTP and GUFing into J, yes? Clearly more care is required in the deployment of a GUF than I had realised. Thanks!

(NB. Though in my case, desirous of the opportunities the cheap TP run offers, I probably would have stuck with my plan. I bought VLC-LHR-DXB in Y, with a 3 day UK stopover for Avios plus GBP 101. Paying an additional 35k+GBP 180 for WTP, then the GUF tfc of GBP 304 would rather ruin the business case for the cheap TPs .)
Old Apr 4, 2024, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by rbhout
How'd your flights go?

Although it wasn't an on the day cancellation, are you going to try and get ORC to top up the TP? I think others have had success in the past with this even when the flights were cancelled more than a day out.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 10:16 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Iberia Oro, Finnair Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by flashware
How'd your flights go?

Although it wasn't an on the day cancellation, are you going to try and get ORC to top up the TP? I think others have had success in the past with this even when the flights were cancelled more than a day out.
flights were good. I was amazed by the food on SriLankan. But the planes are a bit worn and the 320s arent the most comfortable, especially the version with the footrest. Just cant seem to get comfortable on the footrest.
The QR flights were amazing, got a really good night sleep on the Q Suite. And a nice way to try the al Safwa of course.

yes Ill try to get Avios for my original route. But I assume I should wait for the points to post to do that. Will report back to see if I got any luck.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.