Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AA/UA/DL - East Coast - Seoul, BUSINESS CLASS $1088 O/W - $2182 R/T

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA/UA/DL - East Coast - Seoul, BUSINESS CLASS $1088 O/W - $2182 R/T

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2018, 7:20 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, BA GOLD, Flying blue Platinum,Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador.
Originally Posted by sgan317
Lucky covered some of the more complex AA routings available on this - https://onemileatatime.com/great-one...e-us-to-seoul/

It adds some significant costs.
Worth the extra $200 in if you can get the SWUs JFK-LAX-HKG but i just cant replicate his route and book. If any one has tips it would be much appreciated.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 7:27 am

Programs: AA EXP
Same here, I can get it up on Google flights but cannot find anyway to actually book this (american through Hong Kong)
Old Aug 5, 2018, 7:34 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, BA GOLD, Flying blue Platinum,Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador.
Originally Posted by SAN_Finn
Same here, I can get it up on Google flights but cannot find anyway to actually book this (american through Hong Kong)

Can you post GF link.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by mofly
Can you post GF link.
shorturl.at/exAD8

This is MCO-LAX-HKG-ICN
Old Aug 5, 2018, 7:41 am
Original Poster

I can get it to price via matrix and Power tools. Looks bookable via AA Europe link. I have recently had trouble with that AA Europe link so buyer beware. It spit out confirmation numbers but never ticketed for another fare.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by sgan317
I can get it to price via matrix and Power tools. Looks bookable via AA Europe link. I have recently had trouble with that AA Europe link so buyer beware. It spit out confirmation numbers but never ticketed for another fare.
Thanks. Got it booked and ticketed using ITA, powertools and AA EU site. Could not manage to get an overnight layover in TPE though, I can get XXX-LAX/DFW-HKG-TPE-ICN to work with an overnight in HKG but not in TPE what I wanted.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 9:58 am

Programs: United
Originally Posted by Barkinpark
I am also wondering how and where you build this itinerary... would appreciate help from you. Thanks.
If you have Amex Platinum you can call their International Airlines Program travel desk. They put together an itinerary for me, BOS-ICN return for around $2,550, reduced to around $2,350 (with IAP discount) on Delta. I didn't pull the trigger because I wanted the Korean miles for Alaska. The dates I was looking at were 23rd August, returning on the 26th.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 11:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Kim-chi for Thanksgiving!

Thanks very much, although the rates I found today were a bit more than the numbers mentioned in the blog, perhaps due to surcharges for D1 Suites..

BTW, on DL, the domestic connecting segments seem to book as FULL F while the TPAC segments in D1 Suites are Z class. This means 200% MQMs for those domestic segments. Someone trying to maximize MQMs should therefore think about the implications of this and perhaps opt for connections through SEA or LAX. You're also allowed one stopover in each direction for $100, but I think it must be at the international gateway. Finally, only about $100 per RT is tax, so the remainder of this ticket price will count for MQDs.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Aug 5, 2018 at 11:42 am Reason: Added some information.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Thanks. Got it booked and ticketed using ITA, powertools and AA EU site. Could not manage to get an overnight layover in TPE though, I can get XXX-LAX/DFW-HKG-TPE-ICN to work with an overnight in HKG but not in TPE what I wanted.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 11:41 am

Do you have a ticket number? Have you called AA to confirm that the reservation has been ticketed? I've read lots of reports that AA EU (Amadeus) reservations often don't ticket; they just sit there until eventually cancelling out.

Last edited by swingaling; Aug 5, 2018 at 11:53 am
Old Aug 5, 2018, 12:33 pm
E55

EXAMPLE:
I think part of the same deal. SAN-PEK
This example all AA numbers except the PEK to NRT, and JAL-metal on the return transpacific leg to LAX in lie-flat. Currently $2,129
Old Aug 5, 2018, 1:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'm ticketed but when I look carefully at the fare calculation, it's not a matter of paying more for D1 Suites (which I have in both TPAC directions) but rather of one of the one way fares (still Z class but a different fare code) having gone up. It's still a good deal, so I'm happy with what I have and the price I paid and the more expensive direction is no longer available in Z at all. It's apparently a case of none of the really good fares (I checked a few different dates and different east coast cities) being available for the return when I booked, so DL might have been in the process of pulling the really cheap fares at that time.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 7:14 pm

Is this a crazy flight to do for a milage run towards status...?
E55 likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 8:06 pm

Programs: None anymore
Man you guys really hit all the travel blogs with this. Too bad I'm already in ICN as I don't believe it goes the other way...
Old Aug 5, 2018, 9:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bhuwan
Is this a crazy flight to do for a milage run towards status...?
If you can book via KE with DL flights its a decent status run. If you book via AA, you need to maximize the flying by going to 3-4 stops for the EQM, the EQD isnt great.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.