Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

EK new F: JNB-DXB-STN OW U$ 2127

EK new F: JNB-DXB-STN OW U$ 2127

Old Sep 18, 2018, 1:53 pm

Has anyone spotted any good ex-CMB EK fares? Will be in the Maldives and so far Mrs. Dval44 won’t let us position to JNB or ALG :/
torontochinese likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 2:10 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
This is a really good fare to try the newest and arguably best F product available at the moment. At Ł800 per leg in F, you could have a good shot at drinking your fare back in Dom and Paradis...
raporot likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 2:57 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Also... choosing SAW rather than IST knocks a couple of Ł off the fare. I'm going to do it with a ten day stop over in DXB before heading back to GVA and it's pricing around 32500 ZAR.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 4:14 am

Originally Posted by dval44
Has anyone spotted any good ex-CMB EK fares? Will be in the Maldives and so far Mrs. Dval44 won’t let us position to JNB or ALG :/
There exists a one-way fare. For ~US$2,100, you can fly CMB-GVA or BRU/MUC/STN for a few hundred dollars more.
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
is this live for Jan '19 Oneway JNB to anywhere in the US?
You need to look for half round-trip fares. When combined with another fare in economy, you can get an itinerary like the one below, albeit slightly more expensive.

Old Sep 20, 2018, 5:02 am

Programs: SPG & Marriott Plat Privilege Club Plat
zoqfotpik

Can you please share how you managed to enter First Class & Economy Class in ITA Matrix - to give below result

][/QUOTE]
Old Sep 20, 2018, 5:17 am

Originally Posted by Silver Falcon
zoqfotpik

Can you please share how you managed to enter First Class & Economy Class in ITA Matrix - to give below result
The only way I know is like this:

However it relies on knowing which fare class you want. For the outbound in F this isn't hard, but with the wide range of Y codes available it's tricky. You can modify the code to /f bc=k|bc=X where X is another Eco fare code and build up to include all of them but I think there may be an easier way.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 5:26 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by raporot
impossible.
Of course it's possible.

Originally Posted by Silver Falcon
zoqfotpik

As explained you need to use advanced routing codes, then put in "f bc=X" where X is the fare bucket you want, e.g. on EK A is the fare bucket for both F Saver and F Flex, while F is for F Flex Plus.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by Wozza2404
However it relies on knowing which fare class you want. For the outbound in F this isn't hard, but with the wide range of Y codes available it's tricky. You can modify the code to /f bc=k bc=X where X is another Eco fare code and build up to include all of them but I think there may be an easier way.
That's about right. Alternatively, you can search for the fare basis by typing /f (carrier).(origin+departure).(farebasis). If you go this route, you need to know one of the values in order to work. It's more complicated but I find it easier to use than searching fare class.
When I search for combination fares (ie. half round-trips in Y/J or Y/F), I usually enter the code to search for J or F, and leave the economy fare blank. As long as you set the Cabin to look for the "Cheapest Available", it should return the cheapest fares. Although sometimes I also code the economy segment to search for a specific carrier for example.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 5:21 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by zoqfotpik
That's about right. Alternatively, you can search for the fare basis by typing /f (carrier).(origin+departure).(farebasis). If you go this route, you need to know one of the values in order to work. It's more complicated but I find it easier to use than searching fare class.
When I search for combination fares (ie. half round-trips in Y/J or Y/F), I usually enter the code to search for J or F, and leave the economy fare blank. As long as you set the Cabin to look for the "Cheapest Available", it should return the cheapest fares. Although sometimes I also code the economy segment to search for a specific carrier for example.
I use fare basis codes to find Flex fares for Emirates, as for multi-city bookings the EK website throws out the cheapest and won't let you choose the fare class/type, there are four or so flex fare buckets, so in ITA Matrix I plug it in as "f bc=k bc=m bc=b bc=u", very useful, and as you say you can leave it blank to get the cheapest. When pricing multi cities in a triangle routing via DXB it's often best to force one of the destinations to be a side trip and that can be on a lower fare sometimes as it won't accrue that many miles anyway, e.g. CPT-DXB-HYD/BOM-DXB-MUC/PRG-DXB-CPT, this is an actual ticket I booked for later this year, and EK website was giving me Specials and Savers which earn half or a quarter the Flex miles but often are just $20 cheaper, however DXB-HYD-DXB is a super short sector so I don't care so much for that one, I saved quite a bit by letting those flights be Saver, booked as a side trip of a CPT-Europe return, but it requires each sector to be entered separately into ITA

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.