Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AA Premium Economy ORD-PEK/PVG one way from $489 usd

AA Premium Economy ORD-PEK/PVG one way from $489 usd

Old Jul 16, 2018, 5:43 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by SamOF
The special fare designation is not actually an attribute of any given fare itself--certain booking methods add a ticket designator to other, published fares that result in them posting by distance rather than fare. I'm not sure anyone will be able to be sure whether it can be booked as one until they've tried it and seen how mileage posts.

I'm not saying you're not mostly correct, but there is a possibility of gaining significant EQD and redeemable miles by booking in PE rather than coach, at the prices stated if you are able to book it as a special fare.
Yeah, I know what a special fare is. In most cases they are "bulk fares" available with packages. I am 100% correct for this fare as currently posted in this thread. This isn't a discussion of special fares, so stop trying to make it one. I have edited your statement to make it correct.

Also, I looked on AAvacations.com (the easiest way for most people to find special fares) and the P* fares were double the price on the days I looked.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 7:44 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by aztimm
This fare is also available from AUS, connecting through DFW/ORD/LAX, for much of Nov-Dec. The fare (from AUS) has been out there for at least a month or 2.
you mean from Australia to PVG connecting through US?
Old Jul 16, 2018, 8:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, BA silver, Hyatt Dimond, SPG PLAT 75
AUS is the code for Austin,Texas main airport.

https://www.google.com/flights?lite=...;sd:1;t:f;tt:o
E55 likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 8:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, BA silver, Hyatt Dimond, SPG PLAT 75
Originally Posted by skunker
It is correct for this fare as this isn't a special fare. Whether it can be booked as one hasn't been stated. OP stated that PE would earn more redeemable miles, which isn't true based on the sole fact that it is PE.

At the prices stated an EXP would earn more redeemable miles in coach than a non-elite, gold, or platinum in PE.
It earns more miles as costs more in AA program but you maybe able to get special fare earning even more miles people have their tricks. Also its beneficial and more comfortable and will earn more miles in PE than economy for those banking to other one world programs. PE makes sense in many different ways.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 10:15 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, various hotel
Yeah, I know what a special fare is. In most cases they are "bulk fares" available with packages. I am 100% correct for this fare as currently posted in this thread. This isn't a discussion of special fares, so stop trying to make it one. I have edited your statement to make it correct.

Also, I looked on AAvacations.com (the easiest way for most people to find special fares) and the P* fares were double the price on the days I looked.
I'm not sure you do know what a special fare is: nearly any fare can be booked as a bulk fareit just means a bulk discount off of a published fare. I was able to find this bookable as a special fare via the Chase portal in 30 seconds.

It's a massively important distinction, because that would earn 100% of flown miles plus bonuses, and at least 1200 EQD depending on routing. Why would I "stop" discussing that in this thread?
Old Jul 16, 2018, 11:17 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by SamOF
I'm not sure you do know what a special fare is: nearly any fare can be booked as a bulk fareit just means a bulk discount off of a published fare. I was able to find this bookable as a special fare via the Chase portal in 30 seconds.

It's a massively important distinction, because that would earn 100% of flown miles plus bonuses, and at least 1200 EQD depending on routing. Why would I "stop" discussing that in this thread?

Good luck with that. Feel free to continue to discuss something not covered by the OP and misinformation. I'm out.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 11:48 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, various hotel

Good luck with that. Feel free to continue to discuss something not covered by the OP and misinformation. I'm out.
I am...very confused.

Anywho, for others reading: many to most AA fares, including this one, can be booked as special fares using certain OTAs or using credit card portals. This thread has full details: AA "Special Fare" (AA Vacations, TYP, MR, etc.) Questions, EQD, Issues (merged)

In the case of the fare posted by the OP, booking as a special fare more than doubles the EQD and redeemable mileage earned if you choose to book in PE.
E55 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.