Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Skyteam: DTW - CPT RT AI $2297 Expedia Package

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Skyteam: DTW - CPT RT AI $2297 Expedia Package

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2019, 8:14 am

Programs: DL Plat, Marriot Plat
Originally Posted by manually
I saw April 10 to 24 for $3200 hotel stay is April 17 for one night.- LAS to NBO two stops both ways SKYTEAM each stop as about a 2 hour layover

Same dates LAX to NBO one stop, SKYTEAM is $3500
Same Date SAN to NBO two stops under $3K
Old Jan 4, 2019, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by manually
Same Date SAN to NBO two stops under $3K
Same dates from SLC are one stop through AMS for $2,772.36. You can fly on combinations of KLM, Delta, or Kenya Airways. Better than 2-stops, in my opinion (especially if you're positioning anyways).
Pocatello likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 5:22 pm

Programs: Delta DM and 2 MM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
If one books KLM flights in Business (say, operated by Delta or otherwise) using this deal and tries to credit to Skymiles, does this wind up crediting MQMs and the all-important MQDs based on distance flown like the usual KLM business bookings?

(I see now I missed a part of this thread where this does seem to be the case, but welcome any updated info. Thank you).

Last edited by Uncle Lars; Jan 5, 2019 at 5:44 pm Reason: clarify question hopefully
Old Jan 5, 2019, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by Uncle Lars
If one books KLM flights in Business (say, operated by Delta or otherwise) using this deal and tries to credit to Skymiles, does this wind up crediting MQMs and the all-important MQDs based on distance flown like the usual KLM business bookings?

(I see now I missed a part of this thread where this does seem to be the case, but welcome any updated info. Thank you).
I booked a deal like this and flew it in June 2018 ORD-AMS-MRU-CDG-ORD and it credited to Skymiles based on distance flown. The receipt showed special fare marketed by KL on the outbound and AF on the inbound. I do not know if flying Delta metal would affect how it credited, but I assume it would be based on distance flown.
Pocatello likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 9:07 pm

This is tangentially related to this deal, but I was playing around a little bit more with Expedia to see what type of savings could be had for various destinations from LAS (my hometown airport) and it is kind of incredible the types of savings you can realize on some of these fares. I had no idea that bundling a single night could so drastically reduce fares. I tried tons of different destinations and differences from Google Flights ranged anywhere from $0 (no discount) to multiple thousands of dollars on some itineraries. Just a heads up to anyone else like me who had no idea this was something to even consider.

The savings on SkyTeam seem to be the most drastic, but some of the pricing for Star Alliance flights is wildly cheaper compared to booking direct with a Star Alliance airline (United, for instance).
Pocatello likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by nickohrn
I was playing around a little bit more with Expedia to see what type of savings could be had for various destinations from LAS (my hometown airport) and it is kind of incredible the types of savings you can realize on some of these fares.
Would you mind sharing the better deals, even if just via PM, please?
Old Jan 10, 2019, 8:08 am

I was able to make this deal work for SLC to Dubai, for selected dates in June.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by Uncle Lars
I was able to make this deal work for SLC to Dubai, for selected dates in June.
Would you mind sharing pricing / routing?
Old Jan 10, 2019, 2:00 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion& 2 Million Miler; Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Does anyone know if you earn hotel points when booking this deal with Expedia?

BTW - i found it in June for Mumbai from Atlanta. 4 star hotel in Colaba for a week for $2695 -- on SkyTeam.

Thanks,
Kevin
Old Jan 10, 2019, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by ATLConsultant

BTW - i found it in June for Mumbai from Atlanta. 4 star hotel in Colaba for a week for $2695 -- on SkyTeam.

Thanks,
Kevin
Almost certainly not. You only earn points / nights with hotel programs when booking direct or through a certain set of agents (American Express Fine Hotels & Resorts, Virtuoso, etc).

Nice price including the hotel!
Old Jan 10, 2019, 4:31 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, DL Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ATLConsultant

Thanks,
Kevin
You'll get Expedia points, points from your credit card, $ from TopCashBack or Ebates, and airline miles. But I don't think you'll get hotel points.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 6:10 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion& 2 Million Miler; Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Almost certainly not. You only earn points / nights with hotel programs when booking direct or through a certain set of agents (American Express Fine Hotels & Resorts, Virtuoso, etc).

Nice price including the hotel!
So, i booked it. I only booked one night of hotel and decided to book the rest of the hotel on my own as I have a corp code through that hotel that actually gets me the nights a few $ cheaper than expedia. That we i get the hotel points.

So the itinerary comes and*s i call Delta to link it to my Diamond account. They do without issue. However, the segments to /from LHR to BOM are Jet airways. And Delta only gives mileage on Jet if they market the flights. Well, i knew that which is why i only picked Delta flight code flights on Expedia. But didn't matter -- zero Delta credit for those legs. I called Delta and they said it had to be both marketed and SOLD by Delta to get credit for Jet Airways. *sigh* All other options used Jet. If i wanted AirFrance fflights it knocked it up $1000 so no saviings.... So i cancelled.

ATL
Old Jan 10, 2019, 10:06 pm

First time posting here! I've been eyeing on this deal for awhile now. Finally booked MSP - AMS - CPT on KLM for ~$2500 (6/23 - 6/29) with a 23 hour layover in AMS. Not planning to stay at the hostel (cheapest one to throw away :P). Hoping to make at least Platinum this year
nickohrn likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 6:42 am

Would you mind sharing pricing / routing?
Several options on Monday, Tuesday, Saturday departures and returns in June. Site offers Air France and KLM routings, each including a codeshare on Delta metal from/to SLC to a (different) KLM/AF gateway in the US, but when I tried to book, only KLM routings actually were bookable. Like the other stuff on this thread, prices were in the range of $2700 or so including the hotel night, For me, this is a nice way to get positioned close to Tajikistan, where I am visiting next summer.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 12:28 pm

Programs: Skymiles
Does anyone know if this deal is still valid? I can't seem to find the fares available in Expedia?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.