Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Skyteam: DTW - CPT RT AI $2297 Expedia Package

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Skyteam: DTW - CPT RT AI $2297 Expedia Package

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2018, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by mchangmd
Still active. Just booked SLC-CPT July 2019 (end of schedule). $2206 in business class (x 4 passengers), including one night of hotel. KLM metal. 787 SLC-AMS, and 777 AMS-CPT. Will credit to Skymiles - should be 44,000 miles. Click through from TopCashBack which yields $161. Will also get 17650 expedia points, and 26500 Citi TY points. Very happy with this deal.
Sorry - forgot the quote. Do you have a link/dates?
Old Sep 7, 2018, 3:46 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, DL Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ketchm
Sorry - forgot the quote. Do you have a link/dates?
I'm in LA, so I have to position to SLC, but it's totally worth it. To me, the most desirable option is direct flight from SLC to AMS. KLM flies this route outbound on Fridays (and Sundays and Wednesdays, I think) on the 787, with an overnight layover in AMS before the flight to CPT. The return from CPT is on Thurs with 6 hour layover in AMS then 787 direct to SLC. Other options depending on the day of the week include flights through LAX, SEA, PDX, MSP, DTW, ATL, JFK to either AMS or CDG, then onto CPT - on DL, AF, or KLM metal. I would love to do the A350 from DTW, but it's more expensive for the flights and more expensive to position. Also good prices to JNB, though slightly more expensive than CPT.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 3:51 pm

Still active. Just booked SLC-CPT July 2019 (end of schedule). $2206 in business class (x 4 passengers), including one night of hotel. KLM metal. 787 SLC-AMS, and 777 AMS-CPT. Will credit to Skymiles - should be 44,000 miles. Click through from TopCashBack which yields $161. Will also get 17650 expedia points, and 26500 Citi TY points. Very happy with this deal.
I'm in LA, so I have to position to SLC, but it's totally worth it. To me, the most desirable option is direct flight from SLC to AMS. KLM flies this route outbound on Fridays (and Sundays and Wednesdays, I think) on the 787, with an overnight layover in AMS before the flight to CPT. The return from CPT is on Thurs with 6 hour layover in AMS then 787 direct to SLC. Other options depending on the day of the week include flights through LAX, SEA, PDX, MSP, DTW, ATL, JFK to either AMS or CDG, then onto CPT - on DL, AF, or KLM metal. I would love to do the A350 from DTW, but it's more expensive for the flights and more expensive to position. Also good prices to JNB, though slightly more expensive than CPT.
Thanks! I almost pulled the trigger last weekend-even had A350, but this will save the positioning. I'm working on it...
Old Sep 7, 2018, 7:58 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
This is also available to NBO. I was able to get ATL-NBO for abt. $2250 with a 1-night stay at a 5-star hotel on a mix of DL/AF/KQ metal. I saw fares < $2000 if you are willing to stay at a hostel or 2-star hotel. Booked via Travelocity.

The trick to getting a 1-night stay, even though the minimum is officially 2 nights, is to specify check-in on your day of departure and check-out two days later. During the booking process, you will get a message "This flight arrives the next day, so we're changing your hotel stay." and it will change the check-in date to the following day keeping the checkout the same.

A word of caution to make sure that you get your ticket number on your itinerary. My original trip was JFK-NBO which was $2900. It was never ticketed however, and I didn't find this out until I called Travelocity to change my trip. (I purchased the vacation protection package.) They said that they sent me an e-mail message about it, but I never got one. Apparently the airline decided not to honor the fare. Travelocity refunded all of my money including the insurance. However it would've been really bad had I not found this out until my flight date.

I purchased a new itinerary from ATL-NBO mentioned above. Of course it's $700 less but they had no problem ticketing that one, so go figure. I was going to file a DOT complaint, but no need since I'm saving lots of money now.
alexj7 likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 8:26 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, DL Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by 18sas
This is also available to NBO. I was able to get ATL-NBO for abt. $2250 with a 1-night stay at a 5-star hotel on a mix of DL/AF/KQ metal. I saw fares < $2000 if you are willing to stay at a hostel or 2-star hotel. Booked via Travelocity.

The trick to getting a 1-night stay, even though the minimum is officially 2 nights, is to specify check-in on your day of departure and check-out two days later. During the booking process, you will get a message "This flight arrives the next day, so we're changing your hotel stay." and it will change the check-in date to the following day keeping the checkout the same.

A word of caution to make sure that you get your ticket number on your itinerary. My original trip was JFK-NBO which was $2900. It was never ticketed however, and I didn't find this out until I called Travelocity to change my trip. (I purchased the vacation protection package.) They said that they sent me an e-mail message about it, but I never got one. Apparently the airline decided not to honor the fare. Travelocity refunded all of my money including the insurance. However it would've been really bad had I not found this out until my flight date.

I purchased a new itinerary from ATL-NBO mentioned above. Of course it's $700 less but they had no problem ticketing that one, so go figure. I was going to file a DOT complaint, but no need since I'm saving lots of money now.
I booked through Expedia. The system will take a one night stay, no tricks required.
I did compare with Travelocity, and in my situation the price was better on Expedia.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 12:48 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
I found that the prices and flight selections bounce around on a day-to-day basis. The day that I purchased Travelocity had my itin for $2200, while on Expedia it was $2500. The next day both were the same price, and other flight options were available. But mine was already ticketed, and I decided not to press things any further.

Another word of caution it that while the flight comes with the DOT's 24 hour cancellation policy, the hotel portion doesn't. So if you were booking with the hopes of relying on the 24-hour cancellation window, you may find yourself with non-refundable rooms on your hands.

If you wanted to simply change your flight duing the 24-hour window, instead of outright cancelling it, theoretically you could call the agency to have them do a cancel and rebook. But my experience with the phone agents is they aren't able - or capable or willing or something - of getting the same prices that I was seeing online.

Last edited by 18sas; Sep 8, 2018 at 7:10 pm
Old Sep 8, 2018, 1:23 pm

Is there Any easy way to search available dates for this on Expedia? I have been trying July 2019 dates with no success.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by 7strong
Is there Any easy way to search available dates for this on Expedia? I have been trying July 2019 dates with no success.
What is your origin and what how many nights are you looking for? There's no calendar option that I saw - you just have to keep trying and see if you can bring it up.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 1:31 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
I found that if you don't pick at least 3 nights for hotel, it will not find any flights. This is on Expedia.

I did find DTW-CPT and 3 nights at the Hilton CPT Bo'Kaap in late May for a little over $2500. You can add exec floor for $22 a night.

Not sure I am going to pull the plug, but it looks tempting.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 9:23 am

Just an FYI to anyone still considering this, the deal continues to be active to the end of the bookable schedule from multiple origins. I took a look at SJC and SLC to either CPT or NBO. There are prices as low as $2,000 per person on SLC - CPT, which seems like a fantastic price given the airlines and specific configurations you'd be flying.
bitterproffit likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 10:51 am

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Best Western Diamond Selec
Long route SEA-EU-DEL was showing $2,100s last night for Oct and Nov on Expedia.com, but now jumped to $2,700s. Still very reasonable, I suppose it goes up and down, I'll keep searching. I want to avoid staying there during Diwali as well.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 11:20 pm

Programs: AC: E50K, AP: dDiamond
Is it possible to ticket a multi city where you spend some time in the connecting city enroute with one of these Expedia combo tickets?

-Mark
Old Sep 12, 2018, 12:25 am

Originally Posted by lowside67
Is it possible to ticket a multi city where you spend some time in the connecting city enroute with one of these Expedia combo tickets?

-Mark
I believe that someone posted that the fare rules allowed this, but you need to be force Expedia to show an itinerary for it to be bookable.

I have seen some itineraries as part of this deal that give you a 23:30 layover in Amsterdam (for instance), but I haven't seen any with a greater than 24 hour stopover.
Rhinolicious likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 1:34 pm

I have not tried ticketing these yet but I am seeing East Coast - NBO for $1800 pp including a legs on AF 777 and delta one. Try from smaller airports that connect via DTW or ATL to force SkyTeam itineraries.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 8:55 pm

Programs: AC: E50K, AP: dDiamond
Any sample dates for EOS or close? I am seeking August 2019 ideally for our honeymoon - thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.