Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Skyteam: DTW - CPT RT AI $2297 Expedia Package

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Skyteam: DTW - CPT RT AI $2297 Expedia Package

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2019, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by whimsey21
I was actually quite surprised at how many routings were available at or near that price between PHL and NBO, leaving in early August and returning mid-August (I checked about 5 or 6 possible departure dates and return dates). I booked PHL-DTW-AMS-NBO outbound and NBO-AMS-BOS-PHL return, because I wanted either the shortest possible layovers (since I'm travelling with kids) or layovers long enough to get out of the airport for a while and let us do some sightseeing. Our layovers were on the order of 1.5 and 3 hours going (in DTW and AMS respectively) and 4.5 and 3 hours on the return (AMS and BOS). The longest layovers I could find in AMS were about 7 hours, but the timing wasn't great for sightseeing, as the flight from the US landed quite early in the morning, and we'd lose most of the layover time before things would open in Amsterdam. There were also outbound options through CDG on Air France, but with less favorable (for us) layovers.
Nice! I am doing a very similar routing from PHL-NBO just a week or so prior. I booked 10 adults, so the savings were enormous. Ended up booking with Gamewatchers for the safari.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 3:45 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion& 2 Million Miler; Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by nickohrn
Yes - that's what I did for the Expedia package to MRU last year and it was fine.

Would you mind sharing the details of the routing you found? People might be interested.
Sure, but it took a while to find a route with ALL Skyteam equipment. Most routes wanted to stick Jet on the legs to/from India and Europe. Jet doesn't get flight credit for SkyTeam unless it is sold and marketed by Delta. The dates were May 28-June 4. I had to cancel because i remembered i have our European conference in Barcelona the week of June 3. Now in there trying to book another week a little later on for the same price. :-)
Pocatello and nickohrn like this.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 8:40 pm

You can actually go in and CANCEL the hotel after the fact and they'll refund that portion of the total. Mine was only $7.01 but I wasn't going to use the hotel.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 9:25 pm

Programs: DL plat
Originally Posted by NewbieFlyGuy
You can actually go in and CANCEL the hotel after the fact and they'll refund that portion of the total. Mine was only $7.01 but I wasn't going to use the hotel.
Please do not do this. You can in theory open a pandora's box of issues for yourself. In practice you're just giving the airline and/or the OTA a reason to scrutinize some of these practices. I mean you're already getting a huge price benefit - otherwise you wouldn't have booked this. Can't you just be happy and move on and not do stupid and unnecessary things??
Old Jan 25, 2019, 11:05 am

It is incredible to me that this deal is still active so I'm actually thinking about booking it for this December. I'm currently debating two different routings:

* LAS-LAX-AMS-NBO on DL, KL 744, 772 (return)
* LAS-DTW-AMS-NBO on DL, DL A359, 772 (return)

They're both pricing out at $1,944 per person and I can't decide if I want to have a shorter hop over the Atlantic for the benefit of trying the A359. Does anyone have any particular thoughts on the Delta One Suites on that plane?
Old Jan 25, 2019, 12:21 pm

Have any of you seen these for longer bookings? Seems max 1 month? I'm looking for 2.5-3 months roundtrip.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 12:22 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Marriot Plat
It is incredible to me that this deal is still active so I'm actually thinking about booking it for this December. I'm currently debating two different routings:

* LAS-LAX-AMS-NBO on DL, KL 744, 772 (return)
* LAS-DTW-AMS-NBO on DL, DL A359, 772 (return)

They're both pricing out at $1,944 per person and I can't decide if I want to have a shorter hop over the Atlantic for the benefit of trying the A359. Does anyone have any particular thoughts on the Delta One Suites on that plane?
What dates do you have?
Old Jan 25, 2019, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by Varus50
Have any of you seen these for longer bookings? Seems max 1 month? I'm looking for 2.5-3 months roundtrip.
Longer bookings don't seem possible from what I can see. I've tried a bunch of different things.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by manually
What dates do you have?
December 2nd - 10th but I'm still playing around with it and need to decide if this is something we want to do. I know it is hokey, but I'd love to stay at Giraffe Manor for my birthday.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 1:54 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I’m helping my brother and his family (5 pax total) find cheap biz tickets to SA from the east coast to JNB/CPT next december. I have already priced out the discounted LA MIA-JNB fare through AMEX IAP and that is a decent option around $2k but want to try these Expedia packages out. Did anyone have any luck with JFK-CPT/JNB and if so ehat is the price range? Thanks
Old Jan 25, 2019, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by stephem
I’m helping my brother and his family (5 pax total) find cheap biz tickets to SA from the east coast to JNB/CPT next december. I have already priced out the discounted LA MIA-JNB fare through AMEX IAP and that is a decent option around $2k but want to try these Expedia packages out. Did anyone have any luck with JFK-CPT/JNB and if so ehat is the price range? Thanks
If you found $2,000 round trip, I find it highly unlikely you'll be able to do much better with these Expedia packages given the likely cost of positioning flights.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 12:27 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion& 2 Million Miler; Marriott Titanium Lifetime
i can't find dates any longer from ATL. is it gone from ATL?
Old Jan 26, 2019, 8:50 pm

Programs: Delta DM / 1M, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Emerald Club Exec
What an absolutely amazing deal. I was minutes away from booking a $2100 economy class round trip flight from MSP to NBO in November on Delta. I have a Delta credit that will expire soon so I thought I would use it for this trip. I was then going to attempt to use global upgrade certificates to upgrade to business. I chose the route that connects in DTW in order to take the A350. The next leg was on KLM.

Instead, through this deal, I found the round trip from DTW-AMS-NBO for about the same price but in business with one throw away hotel night. I'll use part of the Delta credit for the positioning flight to Detroit instead. I'll book the Expedia deal through KLM for the best chance of maximizing miles. I flew a business class KLM trip to Ghana last year and if the earnings work out the same way, that's a nice bonus.

I have a photo safari booked and I just needed to book the airfare. What a deal. Thank you OP and everyone who has shared their booking info.
alexj7 and nickohrn like this.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by nichelle
What an absolutely amazing deal. I was minutes away from booking a $2100 economy class round trip flight from MSP to NBO in November on Delta. I have a Delta credit that will expire soon so I thought I would use it for this trip. I was then going to attempt to use global upgrade certificates to upgrade to business. I chose the route that connects in DTW in order to take the A350. The next leg was on KLM.

Instead, through this deal, I found the round trip from DTW-AMS-NBO for about the same price but in business with one throw away hotel night. I'll use part of the Delta credit for the positioning flight to Detroit instead. I'll book the Expedia deal through KLM for the best chance of maximizing miles. I flew a business class KLM trip to Ghana last year and if the earnings work out the same way, that's a nice bonus.

I have a photo safari booked and I just needed to book the airfare. What a deal. Thank you OP and everyone who has shared their booking info.
That's awesome! Congratulations on your booking. Would you mind sharing (even via PM) who you booked your photo safari with and any other plans you have for Kenya?
Old Jan 27, 2019, 3:01 pm

Programs: Delta DM / 1M, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Emerald Club Exec
That's awesome! Congratulations on your booking. Would you mind sharing (even via PM) who you booked your photo safari with and any other plans you have for Kenya?
PM sent

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.