Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

$1,300 One Way (Biz) India-EWR (SIA Longest Flight)

$1,300 One Way (Biz) India-EWR (SIA Longest Flight)

Old Sep 16, 2018, 5:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by anandrag

Weird. On GF that date shows as not available and only 6th available but that has economy for AMD-SIN sector...
better wirh ITA
Old Sep 17, 2018, 6:46 am

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)

Weird. On GF that date shows as not available and only 6th available but that has economy for AMD-SIN sector...
I'm sorry... my bad... the SIN-EWR leg is on Dec 5. The flight originates from AMD on Dec 3. My mistake.

On the Singapore Airlines website, one seat is still available at the INR 90k price and both legs are in Business (Dec 3, 11:05 PM).
Old Sep 18, 2018, 3:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by knit-in
This is very interesting information!

What does the combined FB wisdom say on the question of using the SIA website for the 5x Membership Reward points by using the Amex Plat, and give up the $100 discount, or use the Chase Sapphire Reserve, get 3x Ultimate Reward points and pocket the $100? ~3,600 Ultimate Reward points vs ~6,500 Membership Reward points?

I think the answer is staring me in the face.
yatra is a travel website so you will get the appropriate multiplier (if any) for travel sites (not airline). At a cost of $1,300, 3x Amex points would be 3,900 or about $78 at a valuation of 2 cents per point. I will get the base 1x anyways so the difference is really worth $52. Understand this number can be a bit higher based on transfer ratio to airlines and their point valued higher, but I chose to take the upfront $100 discount instead

tickets booked On yatra book exactly Like the sq tickets. Will get full mileage credit

Old Sep 18, 2018, 6:00 am

Programs: UA 1k now; AA (no status); HY Diamond; SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by terbangalways
Booked rtn stopover in SIN & FRA with no problem. Making this fare mini RTW
Return is like $5k to $7k
Old Sep 18, 2018, 8:20 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by krispykrme

Return is like $5k to $7k
There are some $2300 rt fares, example.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 12:37 pm

Programs: UA, AS, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
has anyone been able to book this via Chase UR?
Old Sep 21, 2018, 1:04 pm

Programs: UA MM
Has anyone had any success booking this in reverse? EWR-SIN-AMD AMD-SIN-EWR?
Old Sep 21, 2018, 1:08 pm

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by pindi
Has anyone had any success booking this in reverse? EWR-SIN-AMD AMD-SIN-EWR?
have to do 2 one ways. Will pay more for way there and then this fare on way back
Old Sep 21, 2018, 2:34 pm

have to do 2 one ways. Will pay more for way there and then this fare on way back
I have not done the search but this is what I guess too. Flights ex-US are a total rip-off!
Old Sep 21, 2018, 3:14 pm

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by Barkinpark
I have not done the search but this is what I guess too. Flights ex-US are a total rip-off!
Someone posted earlier that they found a good deal for a RTW
Old Sep 21, 2018, 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by str1der2903
eebsite is super reliable - it’s the Expedia of India! No you don’t need an Indian credit card - I live in the US and I used my Amex Platinum
I tried my Chase card but it said I should use PayPal or AmazonPay if using a US credit card. AmazonPay didn't work ("temporary hiccup" message displayed). PayPal option said paying in INR reserved for Indian credit cards; the USD exchange rate was bad. Should I just try again later?
Old Sep 22, 2018, 12:09 am

If you use Paypal, then make sure you turn off DCC.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 1:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by danfl44
There are some $2300 rt fares, example.
Not the nonstop route; connects through FRA. Also, AMD <-> SIN in Y.

I used 60K AS miles and redeemed a ticket on JL from JFK to DEL with an overnight stopover at NRT.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 12:08 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Originally Posted by str1der2903

yatra is a travel website so you will get the appropriate multiplier (if any) for travel sites (not airline). At a cost of $1,300, 3x Amex points would be 3,900 or about $78 at a valuation of 2 cents per point. I will get the base 1x anyways so the difference is really worth $52. Understand this number can be a bit higher based on transfer ratio to airlines and their point valued higher, but I chose to take the upfront $100 discount instead

tickets booked On yatra book exactly Like the sq tickets. Will get full mileage credit

The Yatra ticket has a higher change fee. ~INR 21,000 (Yatra.com) vs ~INR 18,000 (SQ.com), so they aren't exactly the same even if they are both booked in D class. The Yatra number does not include change fees that the website charges (INR 2,500), so it seems the fare rules for both these fares are somewhat different.

For me not taking the- however minor- risk of not getting full mileage plus AS bonus is important enough to forsake the discount. YMMV, of course.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 3:26 pm

Still having trouble paying with a US credit card on Yatra. Standard credit card payment option errors and says to use an Indian credit card. AmazonPay always gives a decline message, though US credit card issuer says they don't see any attempted charge. PayPal option gives several currency options up-front before you even log into PayPal. You can't select and follow through with the INR option with a US-registered PayPal account, it seems. And the US currency takes on an extra $50-ish.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.