Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

$1,300 One Way (Biz) India-EWR (SIA Longest Flight)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$1,300 One Way (Biz) India-EWR (SIA Longest Flight)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2018, 11:44 am

Programs: AA
yes - use google flights and check back every so often.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 11:57 am

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by toddbartos
yes - use google flights and check back every so often.
I am only seeing the flights via FRA to JFK showing up for $1287 certain days. Nothing on the nonstop to EWR. Not sure what I’m doing wrong...
Old Sep 12, 2018, 12:33 pm

Programs: AA
Do a one way from AMD to EWR and select business class and only SQ as an airline and you should be able to see it. MAke sure you use "EWR" and not just "NYC". Goal is to force out any JFK
Old Sep 12, 2018, 12:50 pm

Programs: AA-LT Plat; BA-CCR & LT Gold; SQ-Solitaire; DL-Plat; SPG-LT Plat; HHonors-Diamond; Hyatt-Globalist
Originally Posted by anandrag

I am only seeing the flights via FRA to JFK showing up for $1287 certain days. Nothing on the nonstop to EWR. Not sure what I’m doing wrong...
Are you typing in JFK or NYC (all airports) as your destination when doing your search?
Old Sep 12, 2018, 12:51 pm

Programs: AA-LT Plat; BA-CCR & LT Gold; SQ-Solitaire; DL-Plat; SPG-LT Plat; HHonors-Diamond; Hyatt-Globalist
Originally Posted by toddbartos
Do a one way from AMD to EWR and select business class and only SQ as an airline and you should be able to see it. MAke sure you use "EWR" and not just "NYC". Goal is to force out any JFK
Oops! Maybe I gave the wrong workaround to "anandrag"'s query... Sorry.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 3:32 pm

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Got it. Mistake I made earlier is putting in date that it wasn’t available. Super weird though that only 5 days show up as available for rest of 2018
Old Sep 12, 2018, 7:13 pm
Original Poster

All those looking to book this - I just bought 2 tickets and each of them cost me $1,192 instead of $1,310. For the dates I was looking, the price was $1,287 and I got a discount of $95 per ticket by booking on an Indian travel website called yatra.com. When you book there, use the code YATRANEW and it takes off INR 7,810 ($108) but they add a service fee of $12 for a net benefit of $95 per ticket. Made two separate reservations using different email addresses (but same card) as the NEW code won't apply if you book using the same email address.

What's more impressive, is that they have me INR 2,000 (~$30) as credit to use for future bookings. As I will take a domestic flight from New Delhi to Ahmedabad, the effective price of that flight for me is now $30 instead of the $60 original price! Overall Yatra gave me a discount of $125 on a total purchase price of $1,347 or a 9% instant cashback! not bad at all

Cherry on top - able to book bulkhead seats for the SIN-EWR flight on the Singapore Air website for the dates I am traveling
Old Sep 12, 2018, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by Gaetan
It seems that you can travel from AMD to every SQ destinations in the US for the same price (EWR, JFK, IAH, SFO, LAX). Interestingly, you can add a stop over (i.e. SIN, FRA, MAN) for a bit more.
is the AMD-SIN sector in business or economy? Every date I look at has it in coach
Old Sep 13, 2018, 1:56 am

Originally Posted by str1der2903
All those looking to book this - I just bought 2 tickets and each of them cost me $1,192 instead of $1,310. For the dates I was looking, the price was $1,287 and I got a discount of $95 per ticket by booking on an Indian travel website called yatra.com. When you book there, use the code YATRANEW and it takes off INR 7,810 ($108) but they add a service fee of $12 for a net benefit of $95 per ticket. Made two separate reservations using different email addresses (but same card) as the NEW code won't apply if you book using the same email address.

)
Thanks so much for your help. Is this website reliable? Also, do I need to have an address or credit card from India?
Old Sep 13, 2018, 5:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Barkinpark
Thanks so much for your help. Is this website reliable? Also, do I need to have an address or credit card from India?
eebsite is super reliable - it’s the Expedia of India! No you don’t need an Indian credit card - I live in the US and I used my Amex Platinum
Old Sep 13, 2018, 11:21 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)

What's more impressive, is that they have me INR 2,000 (~$30) as credit to use for future bookings. As I will take a domestic flight from New Delhi to Ahmedabad, the effective price of that flight for me is now $30 instead of the $60 original price! Overall Yatra gave me a discount of $125 on a total purchase price of $1,347 or a 9% instant cashback! not bad at all

Cherry on top - able to book bulkhead seats for the SIN-EWR flight on the Singapore Air website for the dates I am traveling

This is very interesting information!

What does the combined FB wisdom say on the question of using the SIA website for the 5x Membership Reward points by using the Amex Plat, and give up the $100 discount, or use the Chase Sapphire Reserve, get 3x Ultimate Reward points and pocket the $100? ~3,600 Ultimate Reward points vs ~6,500 Membership Reward points?

I think the answer is staring me in the face.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by anandrag

is the AMD-SIN sector in business or economy? Every date I look at has it in coach
I also find the same issue. Would appreciate some enlightening souls to help. Happy travels!
Old Sep 14, 2018, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by Barkinpark
I also find the same issue. Would appreciate some enlightening souls to help. Happy travels!
I booked a while ago, all business.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 10:07 am

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)

eebsite is super reliable - it’s the Expedia of India! No you don’t need an Indian credit card - I live in the US and I used my Amex Platinum
How about miles? Any chance the Yatra booking may not earn miles (I plan to credit to AS)?
Old Sep 14, 2018, 4:17 pm

Well, for hotels booked at OTAs, you won't earn hotel points. However, I haven't heard the same for airline tickets. I didn't use yatra.com and thus cannot absolutely guarantee. Yet, in theory, it shouldn't be a problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.