Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

$1,300 One Way (Biz) India-EWR (SIA Longest Flight)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$1,300 One Way (Biz) India-EWR (SIA Longest Flight)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2018, 4:59 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Gold, M&M FQT
Originally Posted by sushimaru
It's located in the restricted area so without the boarding pass you'll not be able to use (as without it you cannot clear the transit security). Not possible for domestic transits, unless your next flight is on any AI 010-399/900-999 which depart from international wing.

You'll have a plenty of time in AMD but DEL transit can be a risky one, especially as I can see AI 142 from CDG gets delayed very frequently. That time in the morning is not peak-hours so it shouldn't take too much time to clear immigration, but if you are going there with an e-visa the queue could be very long that could easily take an hour. If you'd have a sticker visa from Indian Consulate abroad, it'll take much less time as these days there aren't many foreign visitors with pre-arranged visa and there is no need to line up at busy e-visa counters. Once you're out from exit, you'd need to then transfer to Terminal 1, which can take about 15 minutes to reach and the baggage drop counter closes 45 minutes before departure. If your AI flight is on-time then it should be fine but based on their on-time performance it's like playing Russian roulette. On the positive side, there are plenty of flights between DEL-AMD so even if you miss your intended flight you still have enough time to make it to your SQ departure flight.

In AMD, since you are arriving in late afternoon there wouldn't be enough time for sightseeing as most of them close in the evening. I'd recommend getting a room near-by the airport (like The Ummed Ahmedabad) and relax there.
Thanks for your advice. I guess/hope it will be fine, because I'm just on hand luggage, which should be easier then. And I booked a full flex ticket with IndiGO to AMD, so there should be possibilities to change to one of the next two flights...
Old Jul 14, 2018, 8:56 am

Programs: Alaska,AC,Avios,
Del-jfk..mu jal

I cant find the other thread for DEL-JFK but clearly there is more excitement about this route , are Malaysian and JAL business product not even close to SIA ? I want to book one of them , cant decide which one is better
Old Jul 14, 2018, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by tdot_guy
I cant find the other thread for DEL-JFK but clearly there is more excitement about this route , are Malaysian and JAL business product not even close to SIA ? I want to book one of them , cant decide which one is better
MU = China Eastern
MH = Malaysian Airlines

I believe the other thread is LAX-DEL. There may be other available origin destinations.

At any rate, I have booked the one way fare from Asia to the US for two reasons (and putting aside subjective reasons - e.g. soft product)

1) New plane - A350-900ULR

2) New (re-introduction) route - Singapore all the way to the east coast nonstop (!) although personally, one way, at 17-18 hours, would be enough for me; not sure I can endure nor want to fly the round-trip.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 3:06 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
This is the thread: $1,300 Biz Del-NYC (Malaysia and Japan airlines) one way

The MH fare requires 2 connections in KUL and NRT. I think it depends where you want to credit your miles and if you're fine with double connection. DEL-KUL-NRT is on A330/A350 and NRT-JFK is on 777. All flights are aisle-access lie-flat seats. I think the JL 777 apex seats are better than SQ seats. Service-wise, they're all equally good. Food-wise, MH you get tasty satay and JL offers decent Japanese options, I have always found SQ food very mediocre.

I booked SQ fare because I just wanted to try the new ULH route.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by hirohito888
This is the thread: $1,300 Biz Del-NYC (Malaysia and Japan airlines) one way

The MH fare requires 2 connections in KUL and NRT. I think it depends where you want to credit your miles and if you're fine with double connection. DEL-KUL-NRT is on A330/A350 and NRT-JFK is on 777. All flights are aisle-access lie-flat seats. I think the JL 777 apex seats are better than SQ seats. Service-wise, they're all equally good. Food-wise, MH you get tasty satay and JL offers decent Japanese options, I have always found SQ food very mediocre.

I booked SQ fare because I just wanted to try the new ULH route.
Originally Posted by Repooc17
MU = China Eastern
MH = Malaysian Airlines

I believe the other thread is LAX-DEL. There may be other available origin destinations.

At any rate, I have booked the one way fare from Asia to the US for two reasons (and putting aside subjective reasons - e.g. soft product)

1) New plane - A350-900ULR

2) New (re-introduction) route - Singapore all the way to the east coast nonstop (!) although personally, one way, at 17-18 hours, would be enough for me; not sure I can endure nor want to fly the round-trip.
thank you both for replying , I have never flown a380 or a350 , deciding between these 2 . I also wanted to be able to stop in Tokyo or SIN so I can see the city for a day or 2 . CAnt make a decision ,the good thing about SIA flight is that I can book return flight to come back to SE asia in March , I was thinking of using the return flight until SIN and exit from there and book another flight(separately ) to Aus or somewhere inSE asia . Do you know if they will not credit miles if I dont use the last sector on my return flight from SIA-AMD?

thanks for replying

Last edited by tdot_guy; Jul 14, 2018 at 3:40 pm
Old Jul 14, 2018, 3:37 pm

Would it be better to credit this flight to UA or SQ? Or maybe another airline? I'm US based so I was thinking UA but I fly infrequently.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 4:24 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
Originally Posted by rotatev2
Would it be better to credit this flight to UA or SQ? Or maybe another airline? I'm US based so I was thinking UA but I fly infrequently.
Crediting to AS is probably the best. See post above by Flying for Fun.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 9:15 pm

thank you both for replying , I have never flown a380 or a350 , deciding between these 2 . I also wanted to be able to stop in Tokyo or SIN so I can see the city for a day or 2 . CAnt make a decision ,the good thing about SIA flight is that I can book return flight to come back to SE asia in March , I was thinking of using the return flight until SIN and exit from there and book another flight(separately ) to Aus or somewhere inSE asia . Do you know if they will not credit miles if I dont use the last sector on my return flight from SIA-AMD?

thanks for replying
if SIN-AMD is throwaway then you wont get miles.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by terbangalways
ok , thank you
Old Jul 15, 2018, 4:23 am

Programs: M&M FTL, FB silver
Originally Posted by terbangalways
If you become noshow on the last leg, you normally get credited the miles of the preceding legs. Only the leg that became noshow will not credit miles.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 4:10 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by fluctuation_001
I get that business reasoning, but I wonder why it is that I very rarely see premium deals on FlyerTalk originating from SIN (even from other airlines)?
I believe someone has mentioned non stop point to point normally is more expensive compare to transit flight. If you notice typically some of the "cheap" fare involves back tracking, long connections. I also think lack of demand (especially in the premium), hence the airlines may do sales to fill some seat.

In my opinion place like SIN and HKG in Asia are quite premium market. They have a lot of corporate travelers that fill up those premium seat. Also there is many non stop options as both are key hub in Asia. If the nonstop is selling at 10K, the transit only need to sell at 8K to attract more budget conscious corporate traveler. Hence, it will be rare to see airlines needs to do sales ex these market.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 10:28 am

Booked as well. Excited to try the longest flight and see if I either love it or hate it being inside an airplane for so long.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 1:38 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
I used to fly SQ21/22 all the time in PE - but the worst part was the lack of connectivity - especially when their was a tsunami wave that hit India - the FA informed me, but didn't provide any further information which city/coast was hit!

Wondering about the new planes and wifi on board - SQ probably sucks your blood to give you any proper data service...

Anyway, flying UA door to door BOM-EWR-BOM nowadays with (now fixed, mostly) data on board for a more expensive, but affordable price of $28.00...

Food and wines suck, but what to do...
Old Jul 23, 2018, 4:40 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
I used to fly SQ21/22 all the time in PE - but the worst part was the lack of connectivity - especially when their was a tsunami wave that hit India - the FA informed me, but didn't provide any further information which city/coast was hit!

Wondering about the new planes and wifi on board - SQ probably sucks your blood to give you any proper data service...

Anyway, flying UA door to door BOM-EWR-BOM nowadays with (now fixed, mostly) data on board for a more expensive, but affordable price of $28.00...

Food and wines suck, but what to do...
I would fly JFK-IST-BOM on TK. A bit longer with the connection but great food & wine + free data. Plus about $1000 cheaper than UA.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by onlysuites
I think all the A350's will have their new business product which is quite good. Flew it last week and got the first row seat in the second cabin. I can honestly say this seat was just as good as the First class seat on the SQ 77W I flew the month earlier.
were you in window or middle seat?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.