Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Oman Air - CGK - MXP - £928

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oman Air - CGK - MXP - £928

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2018, 2:00 am

Yes it does, but it is only valid for your transit time or thereabouts like 24hrs, I can’t exactly recall and can’t be bothered going through my passport.

If you search my posts you may find my write up on the experience.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 2:02 am

Thanks..that's good to know..
Old Jul 8, 2018, 2:11 am

Originally Posted by mr_botak
Thanks..that's good to know..
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/show...7&postcount=28
Old Jul 8, 2018, 4:14 am

Looking hard at this... does any one know if the STPC includes a visa? I recall the Oman tourist visa is pretty expensive, which would mount up quickly both ways.
I've booked this fare and am trying to sort out the stopover offer via Oman Air. I've been communicating with a representative via email but having trouble working out what they're actually offering. Reading the following link it seems they only offer 2 nights for 1, which is not very helpful if you're transiting less than 24 hours. I have been told that a visa must be organised by the passenger, however I believe transit visas are available for 5OMR,
https://www.omanair.com/en/holidays/.../oman-stopover

There is something about a Business Class stopover but it seems the link is dead - https://www.omanair.com/en/holidays/...uscat-stopover

I'd be interested if anyone else has any recent luck with a stopover deal.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 5:03 am

Programs: DJ Plat, HH Diam, AB Gold, EY Gold, CX Silver, Europcar PE
WYINFO13: 27 NOV2017 STPC in Muscat Int’l Airport Oman Air offers complimentary STPC for higher economy class fares for point of origin Australia in (K, B, M, H, and Y), Business and First Class travelers. No ticketing procedure required for eligible fares, only booking is required 10 days prior to departures through local WY office. For lower economy class fares U-I class fares, Oman Air offers STPC in Muscat Int’l Airport at the fee of USD70 per person per direction. STPC fee(s) are to be collected at the time of ticketing (see below).  Fee Collection: Equivalent charge of USD70 per ticket per direction to be collected by the ticketing agent at the time of ticketing. The charge to be shown as XP tax code.  Endorsement Box: add the applicable remarks in the ENDO BOX of the tickets e.g.: “1STPC- OUTBOUND” or “1STPC- O/B”: for STPC to be provided in outbound journey. “1STPC- INBOUNDS” or “1STPC - I/B”: for STPC to be provided in inbound journey. “2STPC - BOTH WAYS” or “2STPC - O/B & I/B”: for STPC to be provided on ways O/B & I/B.  The STPC payment is non-commissionable and only refundable for totally unused tickets.  In case of STPC requirements after ticket issuance, both reissue and STPC fees to be collected. General terms of STPC:  This product is only valid on tickets issues on 910 plate.  STPC is available when there is no immediate connection of 8 hours up to a max 24 hours.  The STPC package includes 24 hours transit visa (see TIMATIC for eligibility), airport transfers and breakfast. STPC is subject to availability and discretion of the immigration authorities at MCT Int’l airport.  Booking is required through Oman Air offices 10 days prior to each departures.  Once the STPC is confirmed, the passengers need to refer to transfer desk in MCT airport.  The eligibility may change from time to time. Please contact WY office prior. Oman Air also offer Majan Lounge on the airside at reasonable rates from OMR12. For details please check our website: http://www.omanair.com/en/flying-wit...s/majan-lounge For any queries or bookings contact us on 1300 730 484 or [email protected]. Best Regards Oman Air - Australia

Originally Posted by pweekes
I've booked this fare and am trying to sort out the stopover offer via Oman Air. I've been communicating with a representative via email but having trouble working out what they're actually offering. Reading the following link it seems they only offer 2 nights for 1, which is not very helpful if you're transiting less than 24 hours. I have been told that a visa must be organised by the passenger, however I believe transit visas are available for 5OMR,
https://www.omanair.com/en/holidays/.../oman-stopover

There is something about a Business Class stopover but it seems the link is dead - https://www.omanair.com/en/holidays/...uscat-stopover

I'd be interested if anyone else has any recent luck with a stopover deal.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by dandandan
WYINFO13: 27 NOV2017 STPC in Muscat Int’l Airport Oman Air offers complimentary STPC for higher economy class fares for point of origin Australia in (K, B, M, H, and Y), Business and First Class travelers. No ticketing procedure required for eligible fares, only booking is required 10 days prior to departures through local WY office. For lower economy class fares U-I class fares, Oman Air offers STPC in Muscat Int’l Airport at the fee of USD70 per person per direction. STPC fee(s) are to be collected at the time of ticketing (see below).  Fee Collection: Equivalent charge of USD70 per ticket per direction to be collected by the ticketing agent at the time of ticketing. The charge to be shown as XP tax code.  Endorsement Box: add the applicable remarks in the ENDO BOX of the tickets e.g.: “1STPC- OUTBOUND” or “1STPC- O/B”: for STPC to be provided in outbound journey. “1STPC- INBOUNDS” or “1STPC - I/B”: for STPC to be provided in inbound journey. “2STPC - BOTH WAYS” or “2STPC - O/B & I/B”: for STPC to be provided on ways O/B & I/B.  The STPC payment is non-commissionable and only refundable for totally unused tickets.  In case of STPC requirements after ticket issuance, both reissue and STPC fees to be collected. General terms of STPC:  This product is only valid on tickets issues on 910 plate.  STPC is available when there is no immediate connection of 8 hours up to a max 24 hours.  The STPC package includes 24 hours transit visa (see TIMATIC for eligibility), airport transfers and breakfast. STPC is subject to availability and discretion of the immigration authorities at MCT Int’l airport.  Booking is required through Oman Air offices 10 days prior to each departures.  Once the STPC is confirmed, the passengers need to refer to transfer desk in MCT airport.  The eligibility may change from time to time. Please contact WY office prior. Oman Air also offer Majan Lounge on the airside at reasonable rates from OMR12. For details please check our website: http://www.omanair.com/en/flying-wit...s/majan-lounge For any queries or bookings contact us on 1300 730 484 or [email protected]. Best Regards Oman Air - Australia
I posted this in the original thread when I found this deal, I mentioned in post 2 of this thread to merge the 2 but that didn’t happen so I’ll post a link to the other thread here: WY Oman Air CGK-MXP €1068

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29826051-post7.html

Its kind of annoying because this new thread was started only a few days after the last post in the original, if people just look a few pages or scroll down or search before posting then they can avoid posting duplicate deals and it’s just easier than repeating q’s and a’s.

Last edited by Croupier; Jul 8, 2018 at 5:41 am
Old Jul 8, 2018, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by Croupier

I posted this in the original thread when I found this deal, I mentioned in post 2 of this thread to merge the 2 but that didn’t happen so I’ll post a link to the other thread here: WY Oman Air CGK-MXP €1068

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29826051-post7.html

Its kind of annoying because this new thread was started only a few days after the last post in the original, if people just look a few pages or scroll down or search before posting then they can avoid posting duplicate deals and it’s just easier than repeating q’s and a’s.
The frustrating part of the transit offer is that it does not seem to be advertised anywhere on the Oman Air website. The fact that I've been corresponding with a representative about a stopover, quoted my booking number and I've been offered a hotel each way at a total cost of $440US, made me think that there was no free offer.

Following the above posts I have called the office in Australia and they have confirmed the STPC. It all sounds rather informal. There is no booking or confirmation, simply front up to the 'Oman Air Hotel Desk' inside the arrivals terminal and they will arrange everything. Transfers, visas, hotel. There is an updated PDF that was released last month with details -

http://walshegroup.com/sites/default...tpc08jun18.pdf
Old Jul 8, 2018, 10:43 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Those that want to purchase this ticket, the last date is 14-July. I guess that should be CGK time. So please take note on that.

I saw ZRH is also rather cheap. 17 mil IDR. FRA/LHR/CDG/MUC/CMN are also quote decent price 20-24 mil IDR
Old Jul 9, 2018, 2:43 am

Programs: QF GA NZ WN. Accor+ Bonvoy IHC
Hi guys, I’m desperate to book this but want to arrange a few days stopover. I can get the fare direct, but I cannot get it to price out on Oman airs website with a stopover. My TA can’t book this fare either. Any suggestions?
Old Jul 9, 2018, 3:27 am
Used to be highman123

Works to Frankfurt now for $1,332 RT. Search for Business Lite dates on Oman homepage. Sample Sep 4- Sep 15.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 8:20 am

Programs: GA, SQ, QR
Looking hard at this... does any one know if the STPC includes a visa? I recall the Oman tourist visa is pretty expensive, which would mount up quickly both ways.
as of this e-visa site,
hXXps://evisa.rop.gov.om/en/visa-eligibility
you could apply 10 days - 26A Tourist Visit Visa for 5 Omani Rials (~13 USD).
Old Jul 9, 2018, 8:36 am

Programs: KF Gold|VA Gold|HH Diamond|Kimpton IC|Hyatt Gold
Originally Posted by BSBtraveller
Hi guys, I’m desperate to book this but want to arrange a few days stopover. I can get the fare direct, but I cannot get it to price out on Oman airs website with a stopover. My TA can’t book this fare either. Any suggestions?
I'd also like to know if this possible.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by oh_lol
I'd also like to know if this possible.
I did eventually get this to work on a computer (as opposed to my iPad). Very happy to snag this deal AUD $1500 rt over New Year/early Jan into FRA and out of MXP with a weeks stop in Oman. Positioning up from Aus J on Garuda for sub $2k at XMAS meaning a return Jan J fare to Europe AUD $3400 which is unheard of (at any time of the year).

Thank you OP!
terbangalways likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 3:15 am

Programs: KF Gold|VA Gold|HH Diamond|Kimpton IC|Hyatt Gold
Originally Posted by BSBtraveller

I did eventually get this to work on a computer (as opposed to my iPad). Very happy to snag this deal AUD $1500 rt over New Year/early Jan into FRA and out of MXP with a weeks stop in Oman. Positioning up from Aus J on Garuda for sub $2k at XMAS meaning a return Jan J fare to Europe AUD $3400 which is unheard of (at any time of the year).

Thank you OP!
Can I ask how you did the stopover? Am I completely missing something during booking, or do I need to make a multicity booking or something like that?
Old Jul 10, 2018, 3:24 am

Originally Posted by oh_lol
Can I ask how you did the stopover? Am I completely missing something during booking, or do I need to make a multicity booking or something like that?
Yes I did Multicity on OmanAirs website
oh_lol likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.