Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

UA/VS: SFO-LHR-SFO J/C direct ~$2500 xmas->eos

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA/VS: SFO-LHR-SFO J/C direct ~$2500 xmas->eos

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2018, 10:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP
The price has dropped to $2074 on BA but ticketed by a combination of AA and AY
Old Jun 28, 2018, 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by snorLAX
The price has dropped to $2074 on BA but ticketed by a combination of AA and AY
Were you able to get it to price out and book? I tried but it jumps back up. Saw some phantom $213 economies on GF too but those shot up when going through.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 1:10 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I got it for $2555 on the BA nonstops in Feb. Kayak said it was $70 cheaper when booked through Finnair but when I went to the Finnair website, it wasn't any cheaper. So I paid $70 more not to have to book through Kayak, probably silly of me.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 2:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
I was also able to price out $2600 ex-SEA, routings via ORD and SFO. Not sure how to combine with the LIS stopover though. Will have to play with the multi city tool later tonight.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 2:55 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AA-PP, AS, DL, HH G, SPG Gold, TA nada
Originally Posted by Polytonic
I was also able to price out $2600 ex-SEA, routings via ORD and SFO. Not sure how to combine with the LIS stopover though. Will have to play with the multi city tool later tonight.

If you figure it out, please share. I have no interest in LON but love LIS.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by findark
If you want to get fancy, you can do SFO-EWR-FRA-LIS-LHR-LIS (stop)-FRA-EWR-SFO for $2,477 and 32,362 PQM. Possibly a bit better as TP is a poor partner.
Hmm, is this routing purely hypothetical? How did you construct? (Matrix or via UA website?) -- I wasn't able to pull up this routing on either, but I'm not particularly skilled when it comes to Matrix.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 2:47 pm

Programs: Bear Backers
Air Canad

honors the price if booked through Lufthansa web site but not if you book on AC site.

Why would this be the case?
Old Jul 1, 2018, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by oskidunker
honors the price if booked through Lufthansa web site but not if you book on AC site.

Why would this be the case?
I managed to get most of my attempts to price out on United's website when doing a few dummy bookings, but noticed some phantom inventory occurring with LH/LX segments (some kind of married-segment logic ex-LIS). Maybe that's it?
Old Jul 13, 2018, 7:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
OK I've been tracking some prices in Google Flights in the $2300-2500 range for next April/May, round-trip from SFO to LHR and LIS.

Suddenly they just jumped.

Is it over or a temporary blip?
Old Jul 13, 2018, 8:03 pm

It appears Lufthansa is no longer offering that price. I found it on British Air for june 12. Return june 19th. Not sure why this is but if I were you , I would book now and pay before theyare gone. I need to travel juky 13-31 so I cant book until Aug 5, if Lufthansa reinstates the fare. British Air releases inventory 5 days later. Gone from united. Perhaps they will reinstate or BA has a huge advantage. Also gone from Virgin Atlantic.

Man I dont want to sit up for 11 hours.

someone warned me they could cancel the sale before the Aug 13th last day to book.

The fare is still available this morning on BA. July 14th 9:11 PST

Last edited by oskidunker; Jul 14, 2018 at 10:11 am
Old Jul 14, 2018, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
looks gone for December, with TK now back as the low price leader. don't particularly want to go out of my way via IST so I guess we'll wait for the next sale. December is usually very slow...
Old Jul 14, 2018, 7:26 pm

18/hours going and 32 return. Ifbit was 18 and 18 Ibwould looknat it. Wife doesnt want tongonto Turkey anyway. Next summer still open on BA. Would love to know their strategy. Inthink since they fly bigger planes, A380 and 747 they may continue the sale for a while but I would be surprised if its still therevwhen I can book.

If you get the BA visa you can get 10% off. Another 5% through aarp, if you are over 55.

I dont know if its better to pay the 4k now or wait 6 months and hope something breaks. If you wait toonclose to departure, the price will surely go up.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 12:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Hmm, UA and LH's prices have gone up even more but BA is still holding at $2500.

So what's going to happen first, UA prices come down or BA prices go up?
Old Jul 18, 2018, 10:15 pm

United may have a different model

I doubt they cone down but who knows
Old Jul 18, 2018, 11:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat
UA is back & matching BA: https://goo.gl/flights/8qeTi
oskidunker likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.