FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Premium Fare Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/)
-   -   BA: AMS-BKK - Business Class $1,685 RT - Limited Dates (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/1916354-ba-ams-bkk-business-class-1-685-rt-limited-dates.html)

MCI777 Jun 25, 2018 12:18 pm

BA: AMS-BKK - Business Class $1,685 RT - Limited Dates

Found AMS-BKK roundtrip in Club World on BA for $1,685 Dec 6 - Dec 10.

https://www.google.com/flights#flt=A...93*.USD.168493

stijnec Jun 25, 2018 12:36 pm

Thanks but has been around for some time now. Can also be routed through KUL HKG or SIN

MCI777 Jun 25, 2018 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by stijnec (Post 29905170)
Thanks but has been around for some time now. Can also be routed through KUL HKG or SIN

Good to know. I didn't see the different routing on Google Flights but I'll check Matrix as well.

irishguy28 Jun 25, 2018 12:54 pm

And despite the title, it's not really limited datewise, either. From August through to May 2019, it's available on almost every day of the week.

oldwell Jun 25, 2018 1:20 pm

If routed through KUL or SIN, does it mean one has to book via a travel agent? I can see it on matrix but none of the online travel sites (Expedia, Opodo etc) show them, even when I use multi city search (limited to 5 sectors only)...

stijnec Jun 25, 2018 2:09 pm

Can be booked by calling BA

swingaling Jun 25, 2018 2:23 pm

Not too many different routing options for this one, but a good fare nonetheless.

V FARE BASIS BK FARE TRAVEL-TICKET AP MINMAX RTG
1 INCEU60 I‡R 1168.00 ---- 60/7 SU/12M EH01
PASSENGER TYPE-ADT AUTO PRICE-YES
FROM-AMS TO-BKK CXR-BA TVL-10OCT18 RULE-4104 IPREUAS/4
FARE BASIS-INCEU60 SPECIAL FARE DIS-E VENDOR-ATP
FARE TYPE-BAR RT-2ND LEVEL BUSINESS CLASS ADVANCE PURCHASE
EUR 1009.00 0005 E11NOV16 D-INFINITY FC-INCEU60 FN-
SYSTEM DATES - CREATED 10NOV16/1128 EXPIRES INFINITY

PUBLISHED RTG AMS-BKK/BA5 /TAR-EURG EF-11NOV16 DIS-INDEF

/WITHIN THE EASTERN HEMISPHERE/
MAP CONSTRUCTED LEFT TO RIGHT AND RIGHT TO LEFT
1. AMS-LON-BKK
2. AMS-LON-HKG-CX/HX/RJ-BKK
3. AMS-LON-KUL-BA/MH/RJ-BKK
4. AMS-LON-SIN-3K/CX-BKK

palmanfr Jun 25, 2018 2:24 pm

Unfortunately, it does not seem to be available for my dates... (Jan 2nd to mid April...). But good fare of routed via HKG/SIN/KUL. I understand that the direct BA flight LHR-BKK is pretty bad hard product wise...

GetSetJetSet Jun 25, 2018 2:38 pm

any OW at 1/2 price possible or only RT?

MCI777 Jun 25, 2018 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by oldwell (Post 29905368)

If routed through KUL or SIN, does it mean one has to book via a travel agent? I can see it on matrix but none of the online travel sites (Expedia, Opodo etc) show them, even when I use multi city search (limited to 5 sectors only)...

If you use Priceline or Orbitz (the only two I checked), just put it in as a roundtrip AMS-BKK and the 2 stop options will pop up most of the time.

atcanobbio Jun 25, 2018 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by stijnec (Post 29905529)
Can be booked by calling BA

so this itinerary with CX segments can be booked by calling BA?

I'd like to book AMS-LHR-SIN-BKK and back with the SIN-BKK-SIN legs on CX.

swingaling Jun 25, 2018 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet (Post 29905622)
any OW at 1/2 price possible or only RT?

BA has horrendously awful one way fares on long hauls. So naturally a one way will cost you around $5k.

capin Jun 25, 2018 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by palmanfr (Post 29905576)
Unfortunately, it does not seem to be available for my dates... (Jan 2nd to mid April...). But good fare of routed via HKG/SIN/KUL. I understand that the direct BA flight LHR-BKK is pretty bad hard product wise...

I flew business BA9/10 last month. It sucks and I knew it sucked before I booked it but I got it for €1180. I've flown Europe to BKK in business on RJ, QF, EK, EY, AY, BA and QR and BA were the worst by some distance. (except for the BA crews who were very good)

stijnec Jun 25, 2018 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by atcanobbio (Post 29905689)
so this itinerary with CX segments can be booked by calling BA?

I'd like to book AMS-LHR-SIN-BKK and back with the SIN-BKK-SIN legs on CX.

I couldn’t get AMS-LHR-SIN-BKK to price under this rate, (only as a stopover which will add €100) so will be flying via HKG on the outbound with exactly 24h in HKG. On the return you can go through SIN (7h layover). Make sure you will be on the A380 for the long hauls and not the 777 if you choose to route via either SIN or HKG

mikeyfly Jun 26, 2018 1:55 am

Thanks for re-flagging this one. It is a decent fare and routes can be created to maximise night flights (aka avoid the LHR-BKK direct!) what you can do is a AMS-LHR-HKG-BKK-KUL-LHR-AMS through the Holidays making function (ensure your country is set to Netherlands before trying)

You can then get the above combo on many many dates, allowing better aircraft, times and Upgrading to F if you book on dates with Award availability (mainly into 2019) which will make it a very pleasant experience. Best part - can pay EUR300 deposit and pay off as and when you can. Have a play around - the Holiday function always starts with LHR-BKK but you can change to HKG & KUL fairly easily. If it doesn't give you exactly what you want, book and call within 24 hours and change to the flights you prefer, still only paying a deposit :)

skycruiserNL Jun 26, 2018 8:45 am

Originally Posted by stijnec (Post 29906890)

Make sure you will be on the A380 for the long hauls and not the 777 if you choose to route via either SIN or HKG

Nonsense imho. Why make sure?
BA offers exactly same seat and service on the 380 vs 77W.

I flew BA11 A380 2 weeks ago and back on BA16 earlier this week with the 77W, CW all the way and had 2 great flights.

Alan Nevin Jun 26, 2018 9:19 am

SGN

Hi Guys

Could i make it work to SGN? I like the sound of AMS ~ LHR ~ HKG ~ SGN . would that be possible?

Schwann Jun 26, 2018 11:25 am

Originally Posted by Alan Nevin (Post 29908287)
Hi Guys

Could i make it work to SGN? I like the sound of AMS ~ LHR ~ HKG ~ SGN . would that be possible?

No, it's a BKK fare. You would have to buy separate flights from BKK/KUL/SIN.

Winchy78 Jun 27, 2018 8:00 am

I believe this fare is available pretty constantly with a 60 day pre-flying purchase requirement

I'm doing it in a couple of weeks AMS-LHR-HKG-BKK-SIN-LHR-AMS - additional hops in Asia between BKK, SIN, HKG and KUL each come in around £100 extra - so whole fare was £1,400ish

You have to phone BA to book as you can't book the intra-Asia legs which are all on Cathay, online.

I've also upgraded LHR-HKG to first for a mere 27k avois and £2.20

wheatbeer Jun 27, 2018 9:33 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly (Post 29907170)
Thanks for re-flagging this one. It is a decent fare and routes can be created to maximise night flights (aka avoid the LHR-BKK direct!) what you can do is a AMS-LHR-HKG-BKK-KUL-LHR-AMS through the Holidays making function (ensure your country is set to Netherlands before trying)

You can then get the above combo on many many dates, allowing better aircraft, times and Upgrading to F if you book on dates with Award availability (mainly into 2019) which will make it a very pleasant experience. Best part - can pay EUR300 deposit and pay off as and when you can. Have a play around - the Holiday function always starts with LHR-BKK but you can change to HKG & KUL fairly easily. If it doesn't give you exactly what you want, book and call within 24 hours and change to the flights you prefer, still only paying a deposit :)

Do you have to add a hotel to do this?

calasia Jun 27, 2018 10:43 am

Thanks for the tip. I briefly tried the NH site but haven't been able to pull out the HKG/SIN leg... will give it another go later...

mikeyfly Jun 27, 2018 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by wheatbeer (Post 29912161)
Do you have to add a hotel to do this?

Yes or car. I booked a one night stay near Krabi. Will use it night before heading back to BKK

GavT_london Jun 28, 2018 5:41 am

Originally Posted by Winchy78 (Post 29911843)
I believe this fare is available pretty constantly with a 60 day pre-flying purchase requirement

I'm doing it in a couple of weeks AMS-LHR-HKG-BKK-SIN-LHR-AMS - additional hops in Asia between BKK, SIN, HKG and KUL each come in around £100 extra - so whole fare was £1,400ish

You have to phone BA to book as you can't book the intra-Asia legs which are all on Cathay, online.

I've also upgraded LHR-HKG to first for a mere 27k avois and £2.20

Semi-Novice with matrix here - how could i construct similar itinerary to the above? AMS-LHR-HKG-BKK-KUL (layover)KUL-LHR-AMS Looking late april/may 2019 but prices seem to be showing me 10k Euros...Any help appreciated.

foxyankee Jun 28, 2018 1:38 pm

Is it possible to route between LHR-HKG vv. on CX or LHR-KUL vv. on MH?

irishguy28 Jun 28, 2018 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by GavT_london (Post 29915464)
Semi-Novice with matrix here - how could i construct similar itinerary to the above? AMS-LHR-HKG-BKK-KUL (layover)KUL-LHR-AMS Looking late april/may 2019 but prices seem to be showing me 10k Euros...Any help appreciated.

AS said upthread, that routing has to be booked via BA Holidays.

Great_circle Jun 28, 2018 1:54 pm

Deleted

Exleftseat Jun 29, 2018 3:31 pm

This fare keeps popping up frequently. I would like to pull the trigger, but I really dislike that as a "regular" no status C class paying pax I am unable to
make a seat selection without paying an exorbitant fee for it.

timcjp Jun 30, 2018 2:41 am

Originally Posted by GavT_london (Post 29915464)

Hi, I had a play with Matrix (using the multi city option) and something like below should help you get the lower fares.

Hope that helps!https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...a40613a0d8.png
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...855c19f5d4.png

denkigroove Jun 30, 2018 6:06 am

Originally Posted by Exleftseat (Post 29921540)
This fare keeps popping up frequently. I would like to pull the trigger, but I really dislike that as a "regular" no status C class paying pax I am unable to
make a seat selection without paying an exorbitant fee for it.

In my opinion thats fine. As a really late booking person who pays a lot I don't wanne stuck in the middle seat. In this case alliance loyality makes sence.

palmanfr Jul 1, 2018 1:01 pm

Booked tonight via the BA gold line an AMS-LHR-HKG(3 day stopover)-BKK early Jan and return BKK-SIN-LHR-AMS mid april for 1598€ all inclusive, so 20€ cheaper than what ITA was quoting. HKG-BKK on RJ and BKK-SIN on CX. All long hauls on BA 388. 460TP in total. Very helpful agent on the phone BTW. The call took less than 10min in total. Quite happy as I needed to be in HKG between Jan 3rd-6th.
it's not a QR deal but it will do the job...
​​​​​

Winchy78 Jul 2, 2018 5:01 am

To those asking - you don't need to use ITA to price this up, you can do it on Google Flights just do a multi-city booking.

Its much more user friendly - when it comes to booking though it will tell you to phone BA - as it has Cathay legs so you can't book it on BA.com

GavT_london Jul 3, 2018 4:57 am

Originally Posted by timcjp (Post 29922717)
Hi, I had a play with Matrix (using the multi city option) and something like below should help you get the lower fares.

Hope that helps!https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...a40613a0d8.png
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...855c19f5d4.png

thanks Tim - i tried routing via the cities but it came back with 'sorry', i knew you could do ba+ etc but didnt know you could do exactly the carriers you wanted...

Protocol7 Jul 3, 2018 5:47 am

You could also consider TK for the same route, AMS-IST-BKK € 1493, a way better experience than BA imo and lie flats seats on AMS-IST too.

GavT_london Jul 4, 2018 3:34 am

Originally Posted by Protocol7 (Post 29932552)
You could also consider TK for the same route, AMS-IST-BKK € 1493, a way better experience than BA imo and lie flats seats on AMS-IST too.

Thanks but my 'goal' is to visit KUL and SIN for a few days each whilst passing thru BKK

Great_circle Jul 5, 2018 5:46 am

Originally Posted by GavT_london (Post 29936497)
Thanks but my 'goal' is to visit KUL and SIN for a few days each whilst passing thru BKK

Exactly my goal, and while the fare rules make it possible to do a (very) long stopover in KUL and merely pass through ‘destination’ BKK it can only be booked when you ring up BA.
As I travel in the very beginning of a new TP collecting year anyway I decided to do it the easy way and book the 1441,- euros AMS-LHR-BKK-LHR-AMS fare and book BKK-KUL-BKK separately.

Ededdneddie Aug 6, 2018 3:37 am

I've bought two tickets, AMS-HKG-BKK, for £1360 each. Thanks very much for the heads up here.

Ededdneddie Aug 20, 2018 5:59 am

Does anyone know if I'd be able to upgrade to LHR-HKG leg, from Business to First (with avios, or cash)? I'm unable to do this via the BA site. A message says to call the customer services (or something similar), but i'm wary of doing this in case they question why I chose the long layover on the return journey. Maybe I'm being overly paranoid :eek:

wmaciej Aug 20, 2018 6:00 am

Originally Posted by Ededdneddie (Post 30104497)
Does anyone know if I'd be able to upgrade to LHR-HKG leg, from Business to First (with avios, or cash)? I'm unable to do this via the BA site. A message says to call the customer services (or something similar), but i'm wary of doing this in case they question why I chose the long layover on the return journey. Maybe I'm being overly paranoid :eek:

Just call.

mikeyfly Aug 20, 2018 6:08 am

You are being totally paranoid and no such issue will be discussed. If there's F Reward space on your flight call and grab it now before it goes. If there's none, obviously don't waste your time calling ;)

nufnuf77 Aug 20, 2018 6:16 am

I think this is a new level of paranoia previously unseen on the forum. Watch out for those secret agents with oneworld purple vests who will force you onto AMS leg ;)