Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

BA: AMS-BKK - Business Class $1,685 RT - Limited Dates

BA: AMS-BKK - Business Class $1,685 RT - Limited Dates

Old Aug 30, 2018, 7:58 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Plat
I know this is a newbie question, but is the only way to book this to call BA or can it be done online? I saw a previus post about 'british airways holidays' but I couldn't seem to price it using their site. Appreciate the feedback.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 12:29 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by voetsektx
I know this is a newbie question, but is the only way to book this to call BA or can it be done online? I saw a previus post about 'british airways holidays' but I couldn't seem to price it using their site. Appreciate the feedback.
I would recommend you to call BA and give them all the flight numbers and dates you want to have in the booking. ITA Matrix is the best tool to do this homework. I did that and it took overall 15 min no more, including code shares on RJ and CX. The price the agent came up with was a few Euros below what Matrix predicted and the ticket was issued immediately.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 12:43 am

Programs: BA GGL, Gold for Life
As far as I know there is no way to book this fare online. Your choices are to call BA or use an online travel agent. The latter has the advantage that if you are using a GUF to upgrade from business class to first class, the OTA can book the upgraded sectors into revenue class, whereas BA can only book into reward class, so there should be a much greater range of dates available when upgrading will be possible. I have no idea why OTAs can do this and BA themselves can't!
Old Aug 31, 2018, 4:46 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by GGLwannabe
As far as I know there is no way to book this fare online. Your choices are to call BA or use an online travel agent. The latter has the advantage that if you are using a GUF to upgrade from business class to first class, the OTA can book the upgraded sectors into revenue class, whereas BA can only book into reward class, so there should be a much greater range of dates available when upgrading will be possible. I have no idea why OTAs can do this and BA themselves can't!
I never had a GUF (yet), but I thought this possibility was only when using "brick and mortar" travel agents, not online travel agents... Which one do you use ?
Old Aug 31, 2018, 6:17 am

Programs: BA GGL, Gold for Life
Originally Posted by palmanfr
I never had a GUF (yet), but I thought this possibility was only when using "brick and mortar" travel agents, not online travel agents... Which one do you use ?
I haven't needed to use an OTA for GUFs yet, as I generally have sufficient GGL redemptions available. I probably will need to use an OTA next time around as I've exhausted my GUFs until my year clicks over in January, and Qatar isn't offering any decent fares to Asia ex-Europe. If so my first port of call would be Propeller Travel
Old Aug 31, 2018, 6:30 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Firstly, welcome to FT!

Secondly, are you referring to the standard AMS-BKK fare on BA? If so and you just want a flight booking, you can absolutely book it online.

However if you're looking to add extra stops to maximise Tier Point earnings, then you may have to call.

That said, do a simple AMS-BKK search on Google Flights - limited to Oneworld results - and see if the fare is available on or around your dates. If it is, you can head over to ITA matrix to try and add in the stops and see if the price still holds.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 6:32 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by GGLwannabe
I have no idea why OTAs can do this and BA themselves can't!
I believe it's because a lot of GUF earners fly for business, and are bound by company policies which often require the use of a TA. So it's a benefit aimed at corporate flyers.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 4:44 pm
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Firstly, welcome to FT!

Secondly, are you referring to the standard AMS-BKK fare on BA? If so and you just want a flight booking, you can absolutely book it online.

However if you're looking to add extra stops to maximise Tier Point earnings, then you may have to call.

That said, do a simple AMS-BKK search on Google Flights - limited to Oneworld results - and see if the fare is available on or around your dates. If it is, you can head over to ITA matrix to try and add in the stops and see if the price still holds.
Flight Matrix currently has the low price of many of the days, and google flights less.... which do you think is correct?
Old Sep 1, 2018, 5:20 pm

Programs: QF GA NZ WN. Accor+ Bonvoy IHC
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
A little GUF using a TA thrown in and you are in a good earner...
what does GUF mean please?
Old Sep 2, 2018, 12:04 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by BSBtraveller
what does GUF mean please?
Gold Upgrade For (2 or 1)
You can read about here: BA Gold Upgrade Voucher Discussion and Wiki Thread
Old Sep 12, 2018, 7:12 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hh Gold, NH*G, SPGP, SQ-CC
Hi

If I route it via HKG, can I still get the BA operated sectors upgraded with a GUF1?

Thanks
Old Sep 12, 2018, 8:48 am

Programs: BA Silver, LH Senator, SPG Plat
Yes, however the GUF will allow you only to upgrade the BA operated flights. The CX operated HKG-BKK will not be upgraded by the GUF.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 9:28 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by tycosiao
Hi

If I route it via HKG, can I still get the BA operated sectors upgraded with a GUF1?

Thanks
Yes
Old Sep 12, 2018, 12:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hh Gold, NH*G, SPGP, SQ-CC
Originally Posted by LondonMike
Yes, however the GUF will allow you only to upgrade the BA operated flights. The CX operated HKG-BKK will not be upgraded by the GUF.
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Yes
Thank you for your replies.

The TA option still works I suppose?

Thanks!
Old Sep 14, 2018, 3:21 am

Programs: BA Gold
Hi all
Looking at going to the Canton Fair in April 19 and can do the AMS-LHR-BKK then get a flight to Canton, priced at 1662.
However, going from LON-BKK is an extra 800 ish.
Can I book the AMS route but just turn uo at LHR and check in and board there or is there a penalty clause somewhere.
Apologies if this is basic stuff.

Paul

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.