Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

BA: AMS-BKK - Business Class $1,685 RT - Limited Dates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA: AMS-BKK - Business Class $1,685 RT - Limited Dates

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2018, 5:01 am

To those asking - you don't need to use ITA to price this up, you can do it on Google Flights just do a multi-city booking.

Its much more user friendly - when it comes to booking though it will tell you to phone BA - as it has Cathay legs so you can't book it on BA.com
Old Jul 3, 2018, 4:57 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by timcjp
Hi, I had a play with Matrix (using the multi city option) and something like below should help you get the lower fares.

Hope that helps!
thanks Tim - i tried routing via the cities but it came back with 'sorry', i knew you could do ba+ etc but didnt know you could do exactly the carriers you wanted...
Old Jul 3, 2018, 5:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, TAP Gold
You could also consider TK for the same route, AMS-IST-BKK € 1493, a way better experience than BA imo and lie flats seats on AMS-IST too.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 3:34 am

Originally Posted by Protocol7
You could also consider TK for the same route, AMS-IST-BKK € 1493, a way better experience than BA imo and lie flats seats on AMS-IST too.
Thanks but my 'goal' is to visit KUL and SIN for a few days each whilst passing thru BKK
godsavethepoints likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 5:46 am

Programs: BAEC back to silver, Flying Blue Silver
Originally Posted by GavT_london
Thanks but my 'goal' is to visit KUL and SIN for a few days each whilst passing thru BKK
Exactly my goal, and while the fare rules make it possible to do a (very) long stopover in KUL and merely pass through ‘destination’ BKK it can only be booked when you ring up BA.
As I travel in the very beginning of a new TP collecting year anyway I decided to do it the easy way and book the 1441,- euros AMS-LHR-BKK-LHR-AMS fare and book BKK-KUL-BKK separately.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 3:37 am

I've bought two tickets, AMS-HKG-BKK, for £1360 each. Thanks very much for the heads up here.
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 5:59 am

Does anyone know if I'd be able to upgrade to LHR-HKG leg, from Business to First (with avios, or cash)? I'm unable to do this via the BA site. A message says to call the customer services (or something similar), but i'm wary of doing this in case they question why I chose the long layover on the return journey. Maybe I'm being overly paranoid
Old Aug 20, 2018, 6:00 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
Originally Posted by Ededdneddie
Does anyone know if I'd be able to upgrade to LHR-HKG leg, from Business to First (with avios, or cash)? I'm unable to do this via the BA site. A message says to call the customer services (or something similar), but i'm wary of doing this in case they question why I chose the long layover on the return journey. Maybe I'm being overly paranoid
Just call.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You are being totally paranoid and no such issue will be discussed. If there's F Reward space on your flight call and grab it now before it goes. If there's none, obviously don't waste your time calling
Old Aug 20, 2018, 6:16 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
I think this is a new level of paranoia previously unseen on the forum. Watch out for those secret agents with oneworld purple vests who will force you onto AMS leg
mikeyfly and Great_circle like this.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nufnuf77
I think this is a new level of paranoia previously unseen on the forum. Watch out for those secret agents with oneworld purple vests who will force you onto AMS leg
You mean "help" you on to the next flight

Make sure you don't mention these things over on the BA board
Old Aug 20, 2018, 6:29 am

Programs: BA GFL, OW Gold, CX/MP Diamond, SPG Plat
Good deal but doesn't gives many TPs. it's £3.40/TP, very expensive!
Old Aug 20, 2018, 7:24 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by IAANN
Which is why this is posted here and not in the Tier Point Run thread.
mikeyfly, obduro and Great_circle like this.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 8:33 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by IAANN
A little GUF using a TA thrown in and you are in a good earner...
Old Aug 20, 2018, 11:31 am

Programs: BA GFL, OW Gold, CX/MP Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Thanks for re-flagging this one. It is a decent fare and routes can be created to maximise night flights (aka avoid the LHR-BKK direct!) what you can do is a AMS-LHR-HKG-BKK-KUL-LHR-AMS through the Holidays making function (ensure your country is set to Netherlands before trying)

You can then get the above combo on many many dates, allowing better aircraft, times and Upgrading to F if you book on dates with Award availability (mainly into 2019) which will make it a very pleasant experience. Best part - can pay EUR300 deposit and pay off as and when you can. Have a play around - the Holiday function always starts with LHR-BKK but you can change to HKG & KUL fairly easily. If it doesn't give you exactly what you want, book and call within 24 hours and change to the flights you prefer, still only paying a deposit
Mikey, do you have a link to the journey you just described out of interest?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.