FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Premium Fare Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/)
-   -   UA: EWR-TXL (Business) <US$2200 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/1916294-ua-ewr-txl-business-us-2200-a.html)

Michilander Jun 25, 2018 5:31 am

UA: EWR-TXL (Business) <US$2200

Checked for 8 nights and fare is available for many Monday and Tuesday departures at least Nov-Apr. Not a super deal, but good enough that I booked one.

Barkinpark Jun 25, 2018 6:52 am

Thanks for the info. UA business seats are sub-par. Unless their fares are substantially lower than average, then it's not good for your physical and mental health.

Kacee Jun 25, 2018 8:04 am

Originally Posted by Barkinpark (Post 29903910)
UA business seats are sub-par. Unless their fares are substantially lower than average, then it's not good for your physical and mental health.

That's a ridiculous comment on multiple levels.

First, this fare is available with the TATL segment on UA, LH, or LX. So you don't even have to fly UA.

Second, the UA nonstop routings (if available) would involve the UA 764 with the B/E Diamond seat, which is used by many other carriers, including DL, AA, CA, KL, and TG. No, it's not a great seat, the primary issues being a tight footwell and lack of direct aisle access for all seats. At least it's fully lie-flat though, unlike the seat that, for example, AF and KE still fly on many of their aircraft.

Other UA routings would involve other aircraft (and potentially other seats, including possibly the new Polaris seat). As always, the key is to pay attention to your routing and aircraft, and be aware in advance which seat you are booking into.

kvom Jun 25, 2018 8:26 am

I did a search for October for a longish stay and found Oct29-Nov22 for $2172 r/t. UA 962/963, 767-400ER

Brucemcdou Jun 25, 2018 8:33 am

Originally Posted by Michilander (Post 29903698)
Checked for 8 nights and fare is available for many Monday and Tuesday departures at least Nov-Apr. Not a super deal, but good enough that I booked one.

Looks like it's available on UA metal for as few as 5 night; any fewer and only available on LOT for +/- $2500. Not really a mileage run but agree not bad. Thanks OP!

EmailKid Jun 25, 2018 9:13 am

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 29904157)
That's a ridiculous comment on multiple levels.

First, this fare is available with the TATL segment on UA, LH, or LX. So you don't even have to fly UA.

Second, the UA nonstop routings (if available) would involve the UA 764 with the B/E Diamond seat, which is used by many other carriers, including DL, AA, CA, KL, and TG. No, it's not a great seat, the primary issues being a tight footwell
and lack of direct aisle access for all seats. At least it's fully lie-flat though, unlike the seat that, for example, AF and KE still fly on many of their aircraft.

Other UA routings would involve other aircraft (and potentially other seats, including possibly the new Polaris seat). As always, the key is to pay attention to your routing and aircraft, and be aware in advance which seat you are booking into.

The midde seats have direct aisle access ;)

Antonio8069 Jun 27, 2018 4:13 am

nice find

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 29904157)
this fare is available with the TATL segment on UA, LH, or LX. So you don't even have to fly UA.

Also, (unusually) available on AC via FRA or BRU. Nice find!

wco81 Jun 28, 2018 2:05 am

Anyone find a low fare from the West Coast?

Or you have to do a separate positioning flight to EWR to take advantage of this pricing for the TATL segment?

Premiumflights Aug 11, 2018 1:27 am

United Airlines: NYC - Berlin 2070$ RT nonstop

1 Attachment(s)
For flights departing after October.

You may fly as well with Lufthansa A350 via MUC, or Swiss via ZRH for under 2200$.

OUTBOUND -
PERMITTED MON THROUGH WED ON EACH TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR.
INBOUND -
PERMITTED TUE THROUGH THU ON EACH TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR.

TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/BEFORE 29NOV 18.

Solmaya Aug 14, 2018 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by Premiumflights (Post 30070599)
For flights departing after October.

You may fly as well with Lufthansa A350 via MUC, or Swiss via ZRH for under 2200$.

OUTBOUND -
PERMITTED MON THROUGH WED ON EACH TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR.
INBOUND -
PERMITTED TUE THROUGH THU ON EACH TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR.

TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/BEFORE 29NOV 18.

What site is that?

Premiumflights Aug 14, 2018 1:32 pm

Momondo.com

Schuhfly Aug 14, 2018 6:04 pm

Skyteam too! I saw prices around $2200 through CDG or AMS.

18sas Aug 20, 2018 10:20 pm

This deal is $2200 on SkyTeam and is wide open to the EOS.

FYI, it's also availble to ZRH. I haven't found any other destinations.

I was able to time my flights with 23:00 "stopovers" in both CDG and AMS.

TEDisgone Aug 20, 2018 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by 18sas (Post 30108442)
This deal is $2200 on SkyTeam and is wide open to the EOS.

FYI, it's also availble to ZRH. I haven't found any other destinations.

I found an odd one: Mulhouse Basel for $2248. And while that price is only available a few days per week, it is available until August 2019! There's also Helsinki for $2335.

18sas Aug 21, 2018 8:03 am

Originally Posted by TEDisgone (Post 30108599)
I found an odd one: Mulhouse Basel for $2248. And while that price is only available a few days per week, it is available until August 2019! There's also Helsinki for $2335.

It is! But not to GVA.

Also good to some tertiary markets in Germany: NUE / DRS / HAJ.

For those that don't know, airfrance.us and klm.com allow you to book up to about 360 days out, so you're good up to about Aug 15. For reasons that aren't completely clear, Z inventory isn't always available until a couple of days after a flight is put on the schedule.