Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

CA: LAX-SHA (Business) US$1504

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CA: LAX-SHA (Business) US$1504

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2018, 6:11 am

Add Delta #s

I need to book this in August and played around with it. Where did you end up booking unit? I need to get my platinum status back up for next year I couldn’t find anywhere to put in Delta FF

Originally Posted by Quinlanty
I am in for 2! Great MQD earning for DL elites! Anyone else have trouble getting seats assigned? Errors out for me. Also, is F on domestic china flights equivalent to domestic F in USA? and would I be able to access the F lounge in PVG? Also, has anyone been able to get lie flat on both domestic segments? Could only get it for the return. THANKS!!
Old Jun 25, 2018, 6:42 am

Programs: EY plat, TK plat, UA 1K, AF plat, AS MVP75K
Originally Posted by Vipsoutherntours
I need to book this in August and played around with it. Where did you end up booking unit? I need to get my platinum status back up for next year I couldn’t find anywhere to put in Delta FF

no worries you can put it at the check in or request the miles after the flight
Old Jun 25, 2018, 9:48 am

Location: San Francisco, CA & Bangkok (Home)/Lawrenceville & Switzerland (Boarding School)/Baltimore, MD (College)
Programs: DL DM, AL MVPG 75K, SQ Gold, BA Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by Vipsoutherntours

Ended up booking on Expedia.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 9:49 am

Location: San Francisco, CA & Bangkok (Home)/Lawrenceville & Switzerland (Boarding School)/Baltimore, MD (College)
Programs: DL DM, AL MVPG 75K, SQ Gold, BA Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
I should know this given the amount of times I've flown JFK-PVG, but does MU have expedited immigration/security lines for J?
Old Jun 25, 2018, 5:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Quinlanty
I should know this given the amount of times I've flown JFK-PVG, but does MU have expedited immigration/security lines for J?
Yes for Beijing.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 9:55 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, UA Sliver, Hilton Gold, IHG Spire
Both PEK and PVG have VIP lines for security check, not at immigration.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Any stopovers permitted in PVG?
Old Jun 27, 2018, 12:28 am

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Best Western Diamond Selec
Can't really use twov?

Nobody here has talked about visa to China, I guess you all have it already or going to get it?

I feel like nesting another ticket going to a 3rd country and back, but all itineraries for this fare involve domestic segment in China, so in order to take advantage of transfer without visa (twov) scheme, we need to leave China within 24 hours from scheduled arrival time to China with mu/ca, and cannot use multiple days to stay either in PVG or pek between this ticket and nested ticket?
Old Jun 27, 2018, 2:09 am

Originally Posted by maverikbc
Nobody here has talked about visa to China, I guess you all have it already or going to get it?

I feel like nesting another ticket going to a 3rd country and back, but all itineraries for this fare involve domestic segment in China, so in order to take advantage of transfer without visa (twov) scheme, we need to leave China within 24 hours from scheduled arrival time to China with mu/ca, and cannot use multiple days to stay either in PVG or pek between this ticket and nested ticket?
Getting a visa makes the most sense because you have a PRC consulate in Los Angeles. But, you could also build a stopover into this ticket.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 7:56 am

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by moondog
Getting a visa makes the most sense because you have a PRC consulate in Los Angeles. But, you could also build a stopover into this ticket.
I am not near a consulate, whats the usual turn around time on visas? I'd like to jump on this, then apply for the visa with these flights but the fare dates are only 3 months away.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 8:01 am

Programs: UA 1 MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by Comarm
I am not near a consulate, whats the usual turn around time on visas? I'd like to jump on this, then apply for the visa with these flights but the fare dates are only 3 months away.
OT, but there are China visa services in USA that process visas in a week...faster if you pay more.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by artvandalay
OT, but there are China visa services in USA that process visas in a week...faster if you pay more.
agree, super easy and quick. I went standard processing time and it took maybe 5 days. biggest issue is figuring out the invitation letter but these can be bought pretty easily from online travel companies. I actually went through my employer as they are quite used to it if you work for intl company.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 3:44 pm

Yes, fare is $50~$100 higher
Old Jun 27, 2018, 3:45 pm

You can stay in Beijing or Shanghai for up to 72 hours without needing a visa
Old Jun 27, 2018, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by laxrunner18
You can stay in Beijing or Shanghai for up to 72 hours without needing a visa
144 hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.