Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

CA: LAX-SHA (Business) US$1504

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CA: LAX-SHA (Business) US$1504

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2018, 6:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by laxrunner18
You can stay in Beijing or Shanghai for up to 72 hours without needing a visa
TWOV applies only if transiting to a third country.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 8:16 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
$1748 seems to be the lowest right now for LAX-PEK on MU? Anyone find anything different?
Old Jun 27, 2018, 11:39 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Not sure of the context of the reply. To be absolutely clear, that only applies if routing onward to a third country.
Country A to PEK or SHA and on to country C is OK. This deal, USA to PEK and back to USA, requires a visa.

EDIT:
Now I see the context. This is in reply to a FT'er who is traveling on to a third country with a nested ticket. By the rules, no visa required for a 72 stay. However, too much can go wrong with how airline agents can (mis) interpret the rules. I'd listen to Moondog and get the visa.

Last edited by Bowgie; Jun 27, 2018 at 11:44 pm Reason: Correction
Old Jun 28, 2018, 12:00 am

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AS 100K
Yes, but it works only for those who arrive at and depart from the same airport, no domestic flights are allowed under 72/144 hours transit. it is a visa or 24 hours transit which means we have to depart from China within 24 hours after scheduled landing in Shanghai/Beijing.

Transiting without a visa is possible for:

Passengers transiting through Urumqi (URC) with a confirmed onward ticket for a flight to a third country within 2 hours. They must stay in the international transit area of the airport and have documents required for the next destination.

Nationals of USA transiting through Changsha (CSX), Chengdu (CTU), Chongqing (CKG), Guangzhou (CAN), Qingdao (TAO), Wuhan (WUH), Xi'an (XIY) or Xiamen (XMN) with a confirmed onward ticket for a flight to a third country within 72 hours, starting from 00:01 on the day following the day of entry. They must:
- arrive at and depart from the same airport; and
- have documents required for the next destination.

Nationals of USA transiting through Guilin (KWL), Harbin (HRB) or Kunming (KMG) with a confirmed onward ticket for a flight to a third country within 72 hours. They must:
- arrive at and depart from the same airport; and

Nationals of USA with a confirmed onward air, cruise or train ticket to a third country within 144 hours, starting from 00:01 on the day following the day of entry. They must:
- arrive at and depart from one of the following locations: Hangzhou (HGH), Nanjing (NKG), Shanghai: Hongqiao (SHA) and Pudong (PVG), Shanghai Port International Cruise Terminal, Shanghai Wusongkou (Baoshan) International Cruise Terminal or Shanghai Railway Station; and

Nationals of USA with a confirmed onward air, cruise or train ticket to a third country within 144 hours, starting from 00:01 on the day following the day of entry. They must:
- arrive at and depart from one of the following locations: Beijing (PEK), Tianjin (TSN), Shijiazhuang (SJW), Beijing West Railway Station, Tianjin International Cruise Home Port or Qinhuangdao Sea Port; and

Nationals of USA with a confirmed onward ticket for a flight to a third country within 144 hours, starting from 00:01 on the day following the day of entry. They must:
- arrive at and depart from one of the following two airports: Dalian (DLC) or Shenyang (SHE); and

Important:

All transiting passengers are subject to a check by immigration. Passengers in transit must hold passports or other documents accepted to enter China (People's Rep.).

This does not apply at Beijing (PEK) when passengers stay in the international transit area.

For passengers transiting through Chengdu (CTU), carriers must send notification to the CTU immigration office before departure. Email: [email protected] .

For passengers transiting through Changsha (CSX) or Xiamen (XMN) for a maximum stay of 72 hours, carriers must send notification to the local immigration office before departure.

China Consulate in SF site

Last edited by seryoga; Jun 28, 2018 at 11:43 pm
Old Jun 28, 2018, 1:46 am

24 hours Hong Kong on this deal? Visa?

im looking at Lax-Cambodia on this MU deal but on the return I’d like to fly from Vietnam to Hong Kong and would like 35 hours in the city. Do I need a visa? Thanks, Christina
Old Jun 28, 2018, 5:21 am

Originally Posted by Vipsoutherntours
im looking at Lax-Cambodia on this MU deal but on the return I’d like to fly from Vietnam to Hong Kong and would like 35 hours in the city. Do I need a visa? Thanks, Christina
For us travelers: Cambodia requires visa. Vietnam requires visa. Hong Kong does not require a visa.

For China TWOV: Hong Kong is considered a separate country for the purposes of TWOV. So for example, if you fly HKG-PVG-LAX you are fine and do not need a China visa. Just no stops leaving PVG. Your flight must be direct to a third country from PVG.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 10:43 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Just came back from this run MU Business LAX-PVG-PEK. Met a few awesome FT guys on the plane. The trip posted on my delta app and results are as a platinum:

MQM 21,500
MQD $6,006
RDM 41,492

Not bad on a $1150 fare. Wish i would've booked more then 1.
Kacee and E55 like this.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 12:54 pm

As a US passport holder, you need a visa for Cambodia (eVisa) and Vietnam (regular visa). You do not need a visa for Hong Kong.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.