Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

SkyTeam - DUB-SFO - Business ~1560 EUR R/T

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2018, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

Loaded in the last few hours, can see plenty of availability in October, for example. Sample booking:
Barkinpark and SFOPeter like this.
Old May 29, 2018, 4:37 pm

AF operated by Delta -- what are some good programs to credit such flights?
Old May 29, 2018, 4:54 pm

It's hard to find a good ST program.

Question: these deals are valid for travels beginning in fall, correct? I am looking for ex-west coast to Europe for August. Is it too late to wait for deals?
Old May 29, 2018, 10:28 pm

Programs: *A S, AS MVP, ST E+, HH P, IHG Plat, Bonvoy G,
Originally Posted by MaxVO
AF operated by Delta -- what are some good programs to credit such flights?
I'd go Korean personally.
Old May 30, 2018, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by xedubx
I'd go Korean personally.
Good idea!
But just between AF and DL, would the credit post to either one based on the distance flown?
Old May 30, 2018, 3:51 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Silver, Accor Platinum
Thx, nice find.
Old May 30, 2018, 8:23 am

Programs: *A S, AS MVP, ST E+, HH P, IHG Plat, Bonvoy G,
I would think it would credit to DL as distance flown in this case, since you are buying AF ticket.
Old May 30, 2018, 3:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Barkinpark
It's hard to find a good ST program.

Question: these deals are valid for travels beginning in fall, correct? I am looking for ex-west coast to Europe for August. Is it too late to wait for deals?
It is available at least for some dates in August:
Old May 31, 2018, 11:05 pm

Thanks. I finally found some dates in summer.

Question: Has anybody found routing via AMS (on KLM) for this fare? I know that KLM seats are not great, but I am wondering if I should do a layover in AMS for some seafood.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 3:32 am

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
As of early this morning (but these do go fast!) found a few dates even in June.
Jerry1919 likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 3:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold

Question: Has anybody found routing via AMS (on KLM) for this fare? I know that KLM seats are not great, but I am wondering if I should do a layover in AMS for some seafood.
You'll find better seafood in SFO and in DUB...AMS may be famous for many things, but seafood isn't one of them.

and yes, you can route via AMS. I saw some yesterday that even gave an overnight in AMS on the outbound - but you'd be advised to fly direct from DUB to the US to benefit from preclearance.

Last edited by irishguy28; Jun 1, 2018 at 4:05 am
Old Jun 1, 2018, 3:59 am
Original Poster

You can check it fairly easily on matrix.itasoftware.com, just put AMS into the routing code box(es) and use lowest fare search (over a month).
Old Jun 1, 2018, 6:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by irishguy28
You'll find better seafood in SFO and in DUB...AMS may be famous for many things, but seafood isn't one of them.

and yes, you can route via AMS. I saw some yesterday that even gave an overnight in AMS on the outbound - but you'd be advised to fly direct from DUB to the US to benefit from preclearance.
Preclearance is not a benefit, it's a big disadvantage. You're forced to arrive at the airport very early and then to spend time in a holding pen by the gate waiting for boarding.
BenA likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Preclearance is not a benefit, it's a big disadvantage. You're forced to arrive at the airport very early and then to spend time in a holding pen by the gate waiting for boarding.
That has never been the case for me. At DUB, you'll have priority at regular security, and again at the preclearance security, on a J ticket. And even if you're running late, they call for passengers still waiting to clear for flights that are closing and expedite you through preclearance. And when you're travelling in J from DUB, you can use the lounge past preclearance.

Perhaps you've used preclearance at other ports and that's how you formed your opinion, but at DUB it works a charm. And it's certainly better than standing in line after 3 or 4 just-landed 747s and A380s as otherwise tends to be the case when you have to clear on US soil!!! Last week at ORD it took over an hour, despite being the first off the plane.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 8:13 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Absolute nonsense. There's a very good process at DUB ... through regular security (you can purchase "Fast Track" for a few Euros if you don't have status or are travelling in a premium cabin) and then into the departures hall ... down the stairs for US security ... and then into pre-clearance ... and the "holding pen" you mentioned is exact same as pretty much any gate area at any other airport worldwide ... there are shops, restaurants and a lounge (if you qualify or want to purchase access). Not quite as nice a set-up at SNN, but still fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.