Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

EK Lie Flat Suites - $9K ORD-DPS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2018, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, DL Silver, Marriott LT Plat (PP), Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, MLife Plat, IHG Plat

Not sure how "great" this fare is, but seems like a reasonably good fare for EK suites on a 777 the full way, including connection from DBX.

Looks like lots of availability at this price, and you can do quick turns or long trips (searched mostly in Sep - Oct - Nov).

Here is a sample link: https://www.google.com/flights/?f=0#...sc=f;so=l;eo=c
Old May 4, 2018, 11:01 am

Location: KUL (MY), ICN (KR), ZRH (CH) or OTP (RO) - or somewhere in between
Programs: OZ, JL
How is this a deal?

Programs: QRPC Plat; Marriott Plat; Hilton Gold
This is probably above market average price...

Programs: EY plat, TK plat, UA 1K, AF plat, AS MVP75K
this looks like an error fare
Old May 4, 2018, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, DL Silver, Marriott LT Plat (PP), Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, MLife Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mihaid
How is this a deal?
B/C Full first for that market on any other carrier is between $15 and $20K. I said in the post not "great", but I figure between 40-55% off is a good deal. YMMV!
Old May 4, 2018, 11:06 am

Even if you think this is a deal, getting an emirates flight for October means a very high chance that the type of plane will change.

If the goal is to just try the 777 Suites for thousands of dollars, you can get it for like $5000 roundtrip from Karachi/Colombo to USA. E.g. in the same link as in OP, change the route to KHI-ORD or CMB-ORD (same dates) and it prices out to about $5000.
Old May 4, 2018, 11:13 am
Original Poster

It isn't. Most market fare ORD to DPS is between $15 and $20K for true first class. For business, I agree. I see you are out of London, unfortunately US markets are typically 2-3X ex-EU markets for business or first.
Old May 4, 2018, 11:14 am
Original Poster

That works assuming you are not in the US and can position to the Middle East or India for the start. From the US, much harder to do.
Old May 4, 2018, 1:17 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by mrbmbrown
It isn't. Most market fare ORD to DPS is between $15 and $20K for true first class. For business, I agree. I see you are out of London, unfortunately US markets are typically 2-3X ex-EU markets for business or first.
Nobody here considers whatever you are calling "market fare" reality unless you want the type of full F fare eligible for BOGO via Amex (so even they know, at best, the fare is worth a market rate of half that).

This isn't even close to a deal. I've been a member here for 6 years and have never seen any "fare deal" posted anywhere remotely close to this - not even 5K.

I bet the airlines just wish for more customers like OP and their deluded "market fares."
Old May 4, 2018, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by ristasm
this looks like an error fare
error in favor of EK...
Old May 4, 2018, 1:33 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion& 2 Million Miler; Marriott Titanium Lifetime
This is NOT a deal.

ATL
Old May 4, 2018, 1:38 pm

Programs: AA PP, OZ *G, Hyatt Expl, Marriott Gold, Lots of Ex-statuses
Thx for posting OP. I agree w/ the other posters that this is not a deal, but I appreciate you posting this and encourage you to post other deals here. You can read the other threads to get a sense of what's considered a deal and what's not.
Old May 4, 2018, 3:28 pm

It may not be a deal to some but it may be to others. Thanks for posting and please keep doing so! Readers can judge for themselves.
obduro and justforfun like this.
Old May 4, 2018, 3:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP,SPG 75
Real banger of a deal. Booked 4 tickets, hope they honor it.
jah718, obduro, ken711129 and 5 others like this.
Old May 4, 2018, 3:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP,SPG 75
Oh ****, I thought it was $9. I missed the K and just kept clicking through on the EK website without looking at the actual money.

OP I WANT MY MONEY BACK. GTG MY SO IS CALLING.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.