Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] MH/JL: One-Way DEL-KUL-NRT-JFK/ORD/BOS in Business $1,382

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] MH/JL: One-Way DEL-KUL-NRT-JFK/ORD/BOS in Business $1,382

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2018, 11:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Originally Posted by princesakura
Is it possible to purchase this as a JL-marketed itinerary? I'd like to accumulate the FLY ON points on JL-coded flights.
Sold by MH not by JL.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 11:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by princesakura
Is it possible to purchase this as a JL-marketed itinerary? I'd like to accumulate the FLY ON points on JL-coded flights.
Possible - yes. Price comparable- NO, multiply x 7.5 roughly
Old Jul 25, 2018, 7:25 am
Suspended

Programs: BA
wonderful!

Originally Posted by qupasyd
This is a Malaysia Airlines one-way Business Flex (D) fare from Delhi to New York, Chicago, or Boston, with JAL operating the transpacific segment. It is just half the price of a round-trip. MH operates an A330 with lie-flat seats from DEL to KUL on many frequencies. They operate their new A350 from KUL to NRT. It is free to have a stopover in Kuala Lumpur.

Example:
DEL-KUL-NRT-JFK 01/09 -- $1,382
Originally Posted by ashkale
https://bit.ly/2Hhk1fS

Been around for ages, posted ages ago too.
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
No sour grapes from me! Thanks, qupasyd, for the link to a useful fare....

I am not seeing the ability to put in multi-day stopovers in KUL and NRT for the same price (this was always easy to do in years past)?? Has this changed?

I also have used this fare for years, thanks OP for putting it out again, I think its a wonderful fare and (if you have the time) a really great route!

With OWE status the lounge in KUL is really nice as is the JAL first lounges in NRT/HND. Departing DEL in business class is also a really nice experience in terms of priority cues and the A330 business is really not bad considering other carriers still have recliners out of many cities in India.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 7:47 am

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, FM Prem, SPG gold
Originally Posted by BOStonTravels
I am not seeing the ability to put in multi-day stopovers in KUL and NRT for the same price (this was always easy to do in years past)?? Has this changed?

I booked it a few days ago and was able to get a 4 day stopover in KUL (booked via orbitz from GF) but never could manage a stopover in Japan, which is what I wanted.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 9:07 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by rivlinm
I booked it a few days ago and was able to get a 4 day stopover in KUL (booked via orbitz from GF) but never could manage a stopover in Japan, which is what I wanted.

I wonder what has changed? I was always able to book at least two day stops in KL and Tokyo!?
Old Jul 25, 2018, 10:59 am

I wonder what has changed? I was always able to book at least two day stops in KL and Tokyo!?
It seems the fare rules still say 2 free stopovers, 5 more for 1000 INR. I sorta gave up early and didn't try hard. I also couldn't book via MH.com since I couldn't find a way to put my destination as BOS.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 11:14 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Any west coast destinations available?
Old Jul 25, 2018, 4:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k SPG Platinum
I love this the problem is there is no chaep way to get over from YYZ or American east coast to DEL/BOM.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 7:07 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mellon
I love this the problem is there is no chaep way to get over from YYZ or American east coast to DEL/BOM.
Routinely one way tickets in business class are between 1,000 and 1,500 U.S.D from JFK/YTO/YYZ with airlines ranging from Finnair to Ukraine International Airlines...
Old Jul 26, 2018, 1:34 pm

For anyone who has booked this, how have you selected seats?

I booked via Orbitz.

MH DEL>KUL can pick seat on mh.com
JL KUL>NRT>BOS can't pick anywhere

JL says it is a code share so mh would need to pick my seats.
MH says it is a JL flight and JL must handle
Orbitz says they can't pick seats ever, and MH or JL can do it, but only at checkin.

Seems wrong for a D fare in J.

any data points?
Old Jul 27, 2018, 1:33 pm

Programs: M&M FTL, FB silver
I would really like to stay in TYO for more than 24 hours.
Issue seems to be that the segment NRT/HND-JFK is a MH codeshare that is only allowed with a feeder from KUL(i.e. O&D).
Yet a stopover in TYO breaks the O&D (...-)KUL-TYO-JFK into 2 segments KUL-TYO and TYO-JFK. And TYO-JFK is then not allowed any more on MH flight number.
Still hope to find an (O)TA that is able to book it. It would be possible with a little trick... Anyone successful to book a stopover recently???
Old Jul 27, 2018, 2:06 pm

Programs: M&M FTL, FB silver
Another "chance": Missing connection in TYO

3:45 transfer time between NRT-HND

Another option would be to miss the connection from NRT to HND.
The time of 3:45 is rather tight between 2 airports.
Anyone experience with that?
What would happen if you show up at HND after check-in deadline of onward flight? Normally MH would be required to rebook you on the next possible flight, eg. 24 hrs later.
But does this actually happen, eg. also if inbound NRT flight arrived on time in NRT?
Old Jul 29, 2018, 9:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I just booked DEL-KUL-NRT-BOS for August 13th with a stopover in KUL until August 23rd. I was able to make my booking with AMEX Travel for $1366 per. We are doing a family vacation in Asia and was able to get award tickets in J with JAL from NRT to DEL for the 13th as well with a 6 hour layover. Hopefully, JAL will not give me a hard time with boarding since we do not have visas and will be transiting only.

On a side note, there is a fare from CMB-HKG-DFW-BOS for $1674 per person in Business oneway. I have already hit status on AA and don't think I can hit 150K to get 2 more SWU and the MH route will give me more miles to bank with than using AA and their dollar based miles.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by uewi100

3:45 transfer time between NRT-HND

Another option would be to miss the connection from NRT to HND.
The time of 3:45 is rather tight between 2 airports.
Anyone experience with that?
What would happen if you show up at HND after check-in deadline of onward flight? Normally MH would be required to rebook you on the next possible flight, eg. 24 hrs later.
But does this actually happen, eg. also if inbound NRT flight arrived on time in NRT?
Connection time is sufficient. Check out

www.limousinebus.co.jp

Travel time is stated as 65-85 min, so expect 85 to be for disaster congestion, I've done this transfer twice, reliable IME.

I presume you already have a BP for the HND flight, so the check-in might be luggage-related(?). HBO is the way to go, checking bag/s will still pose no problem, except for limiting your time in the JL lounge.

Last edited by onobond; Jul 31, 2018 at 7:28 am Reason: Reduce graphic content of quoted post, for readability
Old Jul 31, 2018, 3:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rivlinm
For anyone who has booked this, how have you selected seats?

I booked via Orbitz.

MH DEL>KUL can pick seat on mh.com
JL KUL>NRT>BOS can't pick anywhere

JL says it is a code share so mh would need to pick my seats.
MH says it is a JL flight and JL must handle
Orbitz says they can't pick seats ever, and MH or JL can do it, but only at checkin.

Seems wrong for a D fare in J.

any data points?
I'm in the same boat.. managed to book the MH seat but not the JAL sectors. If you find out, please check back and let us know!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.