Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] MH/JL: One-Way DEL-KUL-NRT-JFK/ORD/BOS in Business $1,382

[PREM FARE GONE] MH/JL: One-Way DEL-KUL-NRT-JFK/ORD/BOS in Business $1,382

Old Nov 13, 2018, 4:26 am

I'm looking for a flight like this to the US from Asia with around 25 hours of flying time. I'm AA EP and this flight RT looks like 49,000 EQM. Can anyone suggest if there's a better forum to head over to look for convoluted high mileage tips? I would jbuy this but am wary of the MH transpacific miles posting. Eager to hear that's it's not a problem at all. Can fly anywhere from within Asia to anywhere in the US. Budget is around $2500. Following BA DEL-ANC to see if it drops.

Sorry 49,000 was factoring in a HK-KUL-DEL positioning.

Last edited by Pat89339; Nov 13, 2018 at 8:23 am Reason: Consecutive posts
Old Nov 13, 2018, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by wickedkhalsa
did you do the the same 4.30 connection ?

how long was the arrival immigration ?

how long was the departure immigration ?

please update if you got credited with all the miles & qpoints ... assuming you credited to QR
Yes, the same 4:30 connection.

I had no checked luggage, so deplaning to curbside was around 15 minutes.

I'm AA/EXP, and curbside (1st) to Sakura lounge was around 15 minutes. Maybe less (Haneda is small...)

Will update when miles post...
Old Nov 15, 2018, 4:01 am

Programs: marriott platinum, AS Gold
Just want to check with you guys, for this route, how many FOP can get for JAL?

KUL to TYO, which is better for JAL FOP? By MH or JL?

Last edited by hellointer; Nov 15, 2018 at 4:13 am
Old Nov 15, 2018, 6:00 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by hellointer
Just want to check with you guys, for this route, how many FOP can get for JAL?

KUL to TYO, which is better for JAL FOP? By MH or JL?
It depends on your flight numbers. Since it's MH codeshare, you'll get 125% of the mileage flown.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 12:12 pm

I'm trying to book a flight, with stop in Kuala Lumpur and Tokyo.
The stop in Kuala Lumpur is simple, because you just need to enter in the options multi-city New Delhi- Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur-New York.
Unfortunately, I can't add Kuala Lumpur-Tokyo, Tokyo-New York. Anyone have an idea how to make stopover in Japan?

Can I (in flex option) after booking change this last flight from Tokyo online?
Old Nov 15, 2018, 1:33 pm

Programs: FB Gold, SAS Gold
Fare does not allow stopover in TYO.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 2:43 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by Mailand
Fare does not allow stopover in TYO.
Lets consider that. This is a routing fare that specifies India-KUL-TYO-BOS/ORD/JFK and includes the following flight restrictions:

FLIGHT APPLICATION

THE FARE COMPONENT MUST BE ON
ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING
ANY MH FLIGHT
ANY IT FLIGHT
ANY IC FLIGHT
ANY AI FLIGHT
ANY 9W FLIGHT
ANY BA FLIGHT
ANY QF FLIGHT
ANY CX FLIGHT
ANY JL FLIGHT
ANY AA FLIGHT
ANY AB FLIGHT
ANY UA FLIGHT.

The rules also stipulate this about stopovers:

STOPOVERS

7 STOPOVERS PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT
LIMITED TO 2 FREE AND 5 AT INR 1000 EACH.
2 FREE IN KUL
5 AT ANY POINT AT INR 1000 EACH.Lastly, there is this:

HIP/MILEAGE EXCEPTIONS

THE HIGHER INTERMEDIATE POINT RULE DOES NOT APPLY FOR STOPOVERS.

I dont think it can be said that the fare rules dont allow a stopover. Upthread, someone mentions that it has to do with splitting the MH codeshares not being possible because the outbound TYO-US MH codeshares are only allowed when paired with an in ound flight to TYO. That may well be true, but I dont think you need to fly and MH coded flight out of TYO. I was able to price out a Jl coded flight out of TYO although I never bothered to look for a stopover there. But specifying a non MH coded flight out of TYO would be the way to go for a stopover in TYO.

Last edited by stephem; Nov 15, 2018 at 2:49 pm
Old Nov 16, 2018, 4:19 am

I agree that in theory stopovers in Tokyo should be possible, but I cannot figure out how to get it to price. I can confirm what others have said which is that you cannot pull up availability on the MH coded versions of JL4 and JL6 (the NRT-JFK and HND-JFK flights) unless you have the KUL-HND/NRT as part of the itinerary.

@stephem How did any one get it to price it with a JL coded flight from TYO to JFK? Can you share an example? Every time I try that it breaks it and gives me the cheapest JL C fare ($1825) instead of the MH D fare ($1092).

To answer the upthread question, you should be able to change for free as long as you meet all the other requirements of the fare:

NO CHARGE CHARGE HIGHEST FEE OF ALL CHANGED FARE
COMPONENTS - INFANT W/O SEAT DISCOUNTS APPLY AND
REPRICE USING FARES IN EFFECT TODAY
PROVIDED ALL OF THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS ARE MET-
1. WHEN NO INTL COUPONS REMAIN - ALL NEW TRAVEL
MUST BE DOMESTIC
2. CHANGE IS BEFORE ORIGINAL SCHEDULED FLIGHT
3. MH DBZ- FARE FAMILY IS USED
4. NEW TKT HAS EQUAL OR HIGHER VALUE THAN PREVIOUS
TKT
5. ADV RES IS MEASURED FROM REISSUE DATE TO
DEPARTURE OF JOURNEY
However, if the MH flight number won't appear on the JL operated flights from TYO-JFK if it's not flown as a single unit, then it probably wouldn't price out as part of a change either.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by dieswaytoofast
Yes, the same 4:30 connection.

I had no checked luggage, so deplaning to curbside was around 15 minutes.

I'm AA/EXP, and curbside (1st) to Sakura lounge was around 15 minutes. Maybe less (Haneda is small...)

Will update when miles post...
Finally got the miles around 40 days later. The rough sequence was as follows
  1. Flight +3 days: BLR - KUL posts, KUL-NRT and HND-JFK are missing
  2. Flight +7 days: Send in request for flight credit via customer service form
  3. Flight + 14 days: Get email asking for boarding passes and e-ticket (which I had cleverly taken pictures of. (ALWAYS DO THIS FOR INTL FLIGHTS!! Sent this in immediately
  4. Flight +30 days: Call AAdvantage customer support. Find out that MH had asked AA to "verify" the flights, which AA was just sitting on. Avery helpful CSR (David!) pulls ip the records, verifies the flights, and resubmit the request. (Note, it helps to tell them the date you sent the boarding passes via email)
  5. Flight + 40 days: Credit magically shows up on my account (which also, helpfully, kicks me over I to EXP for the year. Yay)
So now you know...
Old Dec 3, 2018, 4:44 am

Programs: AA
I am thinking of taking advantage of this fare. I have two options: B787 herringbone seats on JAL or A350 throne seats on MH for an overnight flight from KUL to TYO. Which one is better? I am tall and I like wider seats with more legrooms but it seems like both seats are cramped in my legs. MH's real window seats might be better on A350, especially if I get the bulkhead seat. Can anyone comment on the seats if you have taken the flight already? And which seat is the best for the flight you have taken?
Old Dec 3, 2018, 6:13 am

Programs: AA EXP
Out of curiosity, how many AA EQM did you get for the HND-JFK flight? Waiting on mine to post and doing my year end calcs for EXP renewal. Don't want to miss by a few miles if my estimate is off!

Originally Posted by dieswaytoofast
Finally got the miles around 40 days later. The rough sequence was as follows
  1. Flight +3 days: BLR - KUL posts, KUL-NRT and HND-JFK are missing
  2. Flight +7 days: Send in request for flight credit via customer service form
  3. Flight + 14 days: Get email asking for boarding passes and e-ticket (which I had cleverly taken pictures of. (ALWAYS DO THIS FOR INTL FLIGHTS!! Sent this in immediately
  4. Flight +30 days: Call AAdvantage customer support. Find out that MH had asked AA to "verify" the flights, which AA was just sitting on. Avery helpful CSR (David!) pulls ip the records, verifies the flights, and resubmit the request. (Note, it helps to tell them the date you sent the boarding passes via email)
  5. Flight + 40 days: Credit magically shows up on my account (which also, helpfully, kicks me over I to EXP for the year. Yay)
So now you know...
Old Dec 10, 2018, 9:10 am

Answering my own question: 10,160 EQM. HND-JFK flight did not post automatically. Had to request manually via phone. Online request kept getting declined, noting the flight was posted to an MH account, which was false. Take a photo or always keep your boarding passes for proof...
Old Dec 11, 2018, 8:08 pm

EQM / EQD / Award - - - 10,160 /1, 694 / 16,595
Old Dec 14, 2018, 1:37 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
uh guys so what happens if i happen to "miss" the connecting flight from NRT - HND (would not mind spending a day in Tokyo tbh). Do they rebook you on the nextflight? I mean if its same PNR you are protected but is it your fault if you miss the connection. Thanks!
Old Dec 14, 2018, 7:43 am

If you miss a connection, the remainder of your segments are automatically cancelled. Some airlines may, with good will, rebook you on the unofficial, 'flat tire,' rule if there is a compelling reason. However it's not a guarantee and you may be stuck with having to buy a whole new flight or a big change fee.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.