Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] MH/JL: One-Way DEL-KUL-NRT-JFK/ORD/BOS in Business $1,382

[PREM FARE GONE] MH/JL: One-Way DEL-KUL-NRT-JFK/ORD/BOS in Business $1,382

Old Apr 26, 2018, 4:11 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BONVOY TIT
Not sure if this helps anyone but...
7 STOPOVERS PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT
LIMITED TO 2 FREE AND 5 AT INR 1000 EACH.
2 FREE IN KUL
5 AT INR 1000 EACH.
NOTE -
STPC NOT APPLICABLE

THE HIGHER INTERMEDIATE POINT RULE DOES NOT APPLY FOR
STOPOVERS.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Any way to maximize the mileage earning for AA fliers? On a side note, this will certainly trigger SSSS on boarding passes since it is one way to US.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 10:56 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Any way to maximize the mileage earning for AA fliers? On a side note, this will certainly trigger SSSS on boarding passes since it is one way to US.
It’s a routing farw, you fly the specified routing. Its listed above. Your can only maximize an MPM fare.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 11:51 am

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Flew this deal in the summer of '17. The KUL-NRT segment was on the A380. Managed to snag the downstairs F suite that was sold as Business class. Other than the B737 that MH flies in the afternoon between DEL and KUL, this is a pretty good deal. The JL segment from NRT-JFK is the highlight.

MH did lose my luggage and it remained untraceable for about five days. JL office at JFK was very proactive in working with MH to locate it.

Crediting miles of the JL leg to AA was a bit of a pain.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 2:58 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
My experience with booking one way trips to the US —including on this ticketed fare from India — is that there is no certainty of it triggering a haraSSSSment screening flag on the boarding passes. It increases the odds of getting the SSSS for some people, but for most it’s not a certainly that it will be triggered.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 3:22 pm

Yep - I've booked things as two 1-ways and gotten SSSS'ed every time .. despite Global Entry status. However, it didn't stick on my domestic flights, just an extra probing at TPE.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 1:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by rdurlabhji
Yep - I've booked things as two 1-ways and gotten SSSS'ed every time .. despite Global Entry status. However, it didn't stick on my domestic flights, just an extra probing at TPE.
How do you manage to tweak the routing on this fare to include TPE?
Old Jul 18, 2018, 6:04 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by onobond
Not possible on this fare, but other fares allow other routings...
Old Jul 20, 2018, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by onobond
Was referring to a different itin - just an example of getting SSSS'd.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by rdurlabhji
Not sure if this helps anyone but...
7 STOPOVERS PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT
LIMITED TO 2 FREE AND 5 AT INR 1000 EACH.
2 FREE IN KUL
5 AT INR 1000 EACH.
NOTE -
STPC NOT APPLICABLE

THE HIGHER INTERMEDIATE POINT RULE DOES NOT APPLY FOR
STOPOVERS.
Whats the most creative routing anyone has found on this fare? Looking to maximize BA Tier Points. Possible to go via LAX or any additional stop in US?? Willing to end in NYC or BOS
Old Jul 20, 2018, 2:51 pm

Also available ex-BLR

BLR-KUL-NRT-BOS for $1370. -- some days allow almost 24 hours at NRT for a day in Tokyo...
Old Jul 21, 2018, 1:00 am

Programs: QR - plat (OWE), AI - Maharajah (* gold), Bonvoy - plat, HH - gold, Shangri La - jade, Sixt - plat
Originally Posted by Surgee
Also available ex-BLR

BLR-KUL-NRT-BOS for $1370. -- some days allow almost 24 hours at NRT for a day in Tokyo...
Do note that BLR - KUL is on a single aisle recliner; DEL has one rotation/day on the A330 lie-flats.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 2:45 am

Originally Posted by vbh812
Do note that BLR - KUL is on a single aisle recliner; DEL has one rotation/day on the A330 lie-flats.
Of course

But if you're based in BLR or traveling from there (as I often am) I'd much prefer to suffer that than to suffer a domestic India positioning flight and Delhi domestic to International transit process
Old Jul 22, 2018, 7:16 pm

Is it possible to purchase this as a JL-marketed itinerary? I'd like to accumulate the FLY ON points on JL-coded flights.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 11:07 pm

Programs: QR - plat (OWE), AI - Maharajah (* gold), Bonvoy - plat, HH - gold, Shangri La - jade, Sixt - plat
Originally Posted by Surgee
Of course

But if you're based in BLR or traveling from there (as I often am) I'd much prefer to suffer that than to suffer a domestic India positioning flight and Delhi domestic to International transit process

I agree; however, I wanted to alert the folks who would be positioning for this deal about the difference in the hard product between DEL - KUL and BLR - KUL.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.