Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Skyteam DL: ATL - BLR $2495 (Flagship A350)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2018, 6:39 pm
Original Poster

My First Post! Thought I'd share this fare that I came across - especially since this gives an opportunity to try out the new Delta A350 Delta One suites:
I can't post links yet - but just a regular google flights search from ATL should show this.
I found fares in October of this year on the DL132 A350 from DTW-AMS and onto BLR on Jet Airways.

There's plenty of fares in the $2400-$2500 range from ATL-BLR (albeit not on the A350 on all dates) on Delta and SkyTeam (Jet Airways) through the year - and it is wide open on availability. You have options on flying Air France/KLM/Virgin Atlantic on the way back from Europe; Europe-India-Europe is on Jet Airways.
notsosmart likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Here ya go: GOOG Flights Link

ATL-DTW-AMS-BLR.

AF also pops up on some of the India segs, it doesn't have to be Jet.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
P.S. Welcome to FT! :-:
Old Apr 17, 2018, 6:08 am

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion& 2 Million Miler; Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Be careful when using Jet equipment on Delta.

I booked a flight ON Delta's website from BOS to Mumbai (using Jet equipment from LHR to BOM and BOM to LHR) and when i got home color me shocked when Delta wouldn't give me ANY miles whatsoever (MQMs or actual skymiles) for my leg from BOM to LHR. I called the Diamond line to inquire what was taking so long in it appearing and the agent told me that the flight wasn't marketed by Delta so therefore (Jet is not in the Sky Team yet) Delta had an agreement with them that they'd only give credit on Delta for Delta-marketed flights. Even though i bought this on Delta's website!! The agent who helped me book it told me I'd get full MQM allotment...and i contested this and lost. So check two to three agents before booking to make sure you will get credit for that Jet leg(s).
Old Apr 17, 2018, 9:28 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ATLConsultant

I booked a flight ON Delta's website from BOS to Mumbai (using Jet equipment from LHR to BOM and BOM to LHR) and when i got home color me shocked when Delta wouldn't give me ANY miles whatsoever (MQMs or actual skymiles) for my leg from BOM to LHR. I called the Diamond line to inquire what was taking so long in it appearing and the agent told me that the flight wasn't marketed by Delta so therefore (Jet is not in the Sky Team yet) Delta had an agreement with them that they'd only give credit on Delta for Delta-marketed flights. Even though i bought this on Delta's website!! The agent who helped me book it told me I'd get full MQM allotment...and i contested this and lost. So check two to three agents before booking to make sure you will get credit for that Jet leg(s).
Even better than calling 2 or 3 times, just go to earnings page and look for yourself. Many Jet fair classes do earn full MQM, but there are exceptions. And btw, it has nothing to do with whether the airline is in SkyTeam or not. Several non-Skyteam airlines earn full MQM and many SkyTeam airlines earn next to nothing. DL makes the rules on a case by case basis.

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...-partners.html

Here's the Jet earnings table:

Old Apr 17, 2018, 1:11 pm

Programs: Marriott/SPG Ambassador, Delta Diamond, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by ATLConsultant

Yes, be careful, but if you consult the chart posted in this thread before you book, you will be alright. I just got back from two Jet segments (LHR-BOM, BOM-AMS) and got full MQM and MQS credit for both flights. Not to mention their hard product in business class is excellent and one of the better lie-flats you'll find anywhere.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by VisaW
Yes, be careful, but if you consult the chart posted in this thread before you book, you will be alright. I just got back from two Jet segments (LHR-BOM, BOM-AMS) and got full MQM and MQS credit for both flights. Not to mention their hard product in business class is excellent and one of the better lie-flats you'll find anywhere.

Ha! I did check it. That segment was P class. And I told the agent this when i didn't get the credit. But they said that it only counted for Jet if it was marketed by Delta. I even explained that i purchased the fare on DELTA'S website! I'm not kidding. I appealed through the complaints area on website and same response.

Meister

Last edited by ATLConsultant; Apr 17, 2018 at 2:41 pm
Old Apr 17, 2018, 2:35 pm

Yes, this is the only time it's ever happened to me. I've flown their biz class 3 times (agree that the chair/bed is very comfortable and i also like their food infinitely better than AirFrance's). It happened on my outgoing segment from AMS to BOM but on the way back i got the credit. The agent explained to me that the way back was a "Delta marketed fare" and did NOT qualify.

ATL
Old Apr 17, 2018, 2:43 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor Plat, IHG Diamond
You can route with the A350 (on the way out at least) without any Jet segments, for example here for $2592
Old Apr 17, 2018, 3:27 pm

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...-partners.html

Look at bullet #1 under Jet.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by Ikaz
You can route with the A350 (on the way out at least) without any Jet segments, for example here for $2592
Unfortunately, all those Jet flights marketed as KLM give you ZERO DL skymiles. See my link above. I've been a victim and don't want others to. Only half of the agents at the Diamond line knew this too. And Delta will not budge since it's in the fine print i linked below.

ATL

Last edited by ATLConsultant; Apr 18, 2018 at 9:15 am
Old Apr 17, 2018, 4:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott-Gold
I just got back from a flight ATL-AMS-BOM with the AMS-BOM on Jet, bought ticket on Delta.com and got MQM's. It was Z class which according to the chart should get 200% but I only got 150%. Will call them to ask to correct it.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 4:56 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by davidviolin
I just got back from a flight ATL-AMS-BOM with the AMS-BOM on Jet, bought ticket on Delta.com and got MQM's. It was Z class which according to the chart should get 200% but I only got 150%. Will call them to ask to correct it.
The website where you bought the ticket doesn't matter. What matters is the first 2 letters in your flight number. That is called the marketing carrier. The rules for that airline generally apply.

There is an exception: if the marketing carrier is airline B and the operating is airline C and if B and C are not the same, and neither B nor C is Delta, then often you get nothing. ie Air France flight number operated by Jet Airways = 0 MQM.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by kjnangre
The website where you bought the ticket doesn't matter. What matters is the first 2 letters in your flight number. That is called the marketing carrier. The rules for that airline generally apply.

There is an exception: if the marketing carrier is airline B and the operating is airline C and if B and C are not the same, and neither B nor C is Delta, then often you get nothing. ie Air France flight number operated by Jet Airways = 0 MQM.
Absolutely correct. AF or KLM. And mine was marked as KLM. No credit whatsoever.

ATL
Old Apr 19, 2018, 7:07 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
You can get credit on Flying Blue, correct?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.