Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AA/JAL - Many US East Coast Cities - PVG/HAN - Premium Economy $1015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA/JAL - Many US East Coast Cities - PVG/HAN - Premium Economy $1015

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2018, 11:57 am

Programs: AA Exp / Marriott Titanium / Hilton Gold / Hyatt Globalist / United Silver
Originally Posted by BLazarus22
Is there any sort of punishment for failing to use the hotel? Hostel obviously not my preferred choice but worth the pennies to get the EQD/EQM. I mean I guess I could check in and leave at worst, right?
No.

See AA Vacations - not checking in at Hotel
BLazarus22 likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by samwise6222
I can not for the life of me get this priced out to earn as a Special Fare. Are you sure that yours is?
Old Apr 18, 2018, 3:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
I was able to do it via AAVacations on JL PE for JFK-NRT-HAN:

$1296
27,171 EQM
3,623 EQD
38,043 RDM
Yes, it's JL metal but AA flight #'s...how do you get the 3623EQD out of this? AA flgiht #'s get 1.0 EQD. Were you able to force itd onto JL flight #'s? I see the rest.......
Old Apr 18, 2018, 3:49 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EP
Originally Posted by boss315
Yes, it's JL metal but AA flight #'s...how do you get the 3623EQD out of this? AA flgiht #'s get 1.0 EQD. Were you able to force itd onto JL flight #'s? I see the rest.......
Its not the flight number that determines how it is credited. You can have an AA flight # on AA Metal and still have the Special Fare chart used, its all down to how you buy the ticket. People are saying to try AA vacations and CC portals as they often code as a special fare. Google aa special fare and you will see the chart on AA's site (won't let me post url).
Old Apr 18, 2018, 3:52 pm

Programs: AA Exp / Marriott Titanium / Hilton Gold / Hyatt Globalist / United Silver
Originally Posted by boss315
If you can find a fare with * on it on AAVacations - you get EQDs based on distance.

If you can find a fare on Chase Travel Portal / Citi Travel Porter, you will most likely get EQDs based on distance.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 3:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
Thanks so very much!
Old Apr 18, 2018, 4:05 pm
Original Poster

If you can find a fare with * on it on AAVacations - you get EQDs based on distance.

If you can find a fare on Chase Travel Portal / Citi Travel Porter, you will most likely get EQDs based on distance.
I must be doing something wrong. Every search I run comes back with the same result and this does not earn special fares.
@samwise6222 - you have any working examples?

Old Apr 18, 2018, 5:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by sgan317
I must be doing something wrong. Every search I run comes back with the same result and this does not earn special fares.
Don’t book on AA website!!!!!!
Old Apr 18, 2018, 6:13 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond; AA Ex Plat; AS MVP 75K
Originally Posted by Tokyoite

Don’t book on AA website!!!!!!
How else can you book AA Vacations though? I know this whole thread is veering off topic but I already asked in the AAdvantage thread and got no answer: if my fare amount displays on AA website will it earn the AA method? The flight was booked on Citi portal.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 6:35 pm

I'm in the same boat, I did not find find JFK-HAN P* fares on aavacations.com for several weekends in May and October, just regular P. I can get P* for BOS-HAN (e.g. Oct 18 - 22) but the price is about $500 more than out of JFK.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 7:01 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by BLazarus22
How else can you book AA Vacations though? I know this whole thread is veering off topic but I already asked in the AAdvantage thread and got no answer: if my fare amount displays on AA website will it earn the AA method? The flight was booked on Citi portal.
To your first question: You book AAVacations on aavacations.com

To your second question: I don't believe there is any way to ensure a purchase made through the Citi portal will earn based on distance. If the fare does not appear on AA.com you probably will, and if it does you probably won't. I wouldn't guarantee either one, though.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 11:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I concur with Spammers. And please excuse my digression:

When booking you won't see Fare Code: P* on any portal or even AA's website. Even after booking an emailing the itinerary to myself I never saw an asterisk. However, from my experience, the only way to KNOW you bought a special fare is to go to your booked trip on AA(dot)com and scroll down to the "COST SUMMARY."

If your cost summary has a $$$ value, you did not buy a special fare, cancel and try again. If your cost summary says "Please contact your travel agent for airfare or trip changes." Then you did get a Special Fare.

I don't guarantee this is 100% accurate, but it's the only way I've found to consistently know if I've successfully purchased a special fare or not.

Back to your normally scheduled programming...

Again great fare, if I'm not mistaken if booked correctly you'll earn about $3,428 EQD! Not bad considering you could then get EXP for well under $5,000 of actual spend!
Old Apr 20, 2018, 6:30 am
Original Poster

Anyone know how this will earn if one of the legs is in *P and the other is in regular P? Booked via AAVacations
Old Apr 20, 2018, 2:42 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Anyone know how this will earn if one of the legs is in *P and the other is in regular P? Booked via AAVacations
Earning is always computed per segment. Segments with * earn using the Special Fares table, segments without earn according to the appropriate airline table (presumably AA here). To compute fare-based EQD on the AA segment(s) you need to know what portion of the qualifying costs AA assigns to that segments, which is unknowable. In the case of a simple AAA-BBB-AAA trip in the same class both ways, splitting the cost 50-50 seems reasonable but I'm not sure you can count on it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.