Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AA/JAL or DL: LAS-NRT in J $3175 r/t

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2018, 4:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond

I have been looking for flights to NRT from just about anywhere in the US for October and came upon these fares. Not sure if this is a great deal, but AA wants over $4K for the same transpacific flight originating from LAX or DFW. DL wants the same for flights out of SEA. But positioning in LAS brought them down quite a bit. Also, seeing similar prices YYZ-NRT on AA through ORD ($3168 USD).

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...018-10-18;sc=b

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...YZ0AA4122;sc=b
Old Mar 19, 2018, 6:32 pm

Programs: DL Ham Samich
Considering frequent sub-$2K CAN->TYO, I’d positive this isn’t very good
Old Mar 19, 2018, 6:45 pm

Hi -

From Guangzhou - Tokyo, I would expect fares to be a lot lower than that. Were you saying Canada-TYO/NRT?
Mountain Explorer likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 7:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by RFDMinnesota
Considering frequent sub-$2K CAN->TYO, I’d positive this isn’t very good
I was never able to find anything from Canada to NRT for under $2k in J. Especially nothing I could position to easily from Nashville. But Las Vegas is really easy and cheap for me to position to. Like I said, I wasn't sure it was a great deal, but I have got so many good deals off of this forum, I thought I would try to contribute if anyone was interested.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 7:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Fares to NRT have gone through the roof, as they say.

Last summer I bought a bunch on AC YYZ-YVR-NRT for $2,850 CAD. For months now, AC has nothing less that $5,000 CAD. Occasionally others have something in the $4,000+ CAD range.

Here's something to consider:

AC is launching a new non-stop in June YUL-NRT and I see fares at $3,665 CAD. That's decent when converted to USD and I'm sure easy enough to position to. The alternatives are not worth it: YYZ-YVR-NRT is still over $5,000 CAD most dates and now, if you want to go "direct" but not non-stop from YYZ, it's the same flight # from YYZ-YYC-NRT, but on the older 763s. Also priced high.

Just a suggestion......
Old Mar 19, 2018, 7:49 pm

Programs: DL Ham Samich
Originally Posted by Orwaid
Hi -

From Guangzhou - Tokyo, I would expect fares to be a lot lower than that. Were you saying Canada-TYO/NRT?

Yes sorry, I meant Canada.

I rode ode one of the last DL 747s on a YYZ-DTW-NRT nonstop in October. It was beautiful!
Old Mar 19, 2018, 8:04 pm

you can easily find the deal in sept and oct out of JFK and EWR with Air China starting from USD 2500 to 2600 and YUL with Turkish starting from USD 2750
Dates are 19th oct to 29th oct
Sep is cheaper around 2300 to 2400
Old Mar 19, 2018, 11:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
LAX-NRT is nearly always available in the $3600 range on multiple carriers (currently SQ, AA, and JL, with UA an NH at $3750).

Not sure this qualifies as a good deal fare.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by 24left
Fares to NRT have gone through the roof, as they say.

Last summer I bought a bunch on AC YYZ-YVR-NRT for $2,850 CAD. For months now, AC has nothing less that $5,000 CAD. Occasionally others have something in the $4,000+ CAD range.

Here's something to consider:

AC is launching a new non-stop in June YUL-NRT and I see fares at $3,665 CAD. That's decent when converted to USD and I'm sure easy enough to position to. The alternatives are not worth it: YYZ-YVR-NRT is still over $5,000 CAD most dates and now, if you want to go "direct" but not non-stop from YYZ, it's the same flight # from YYZ-YYC-NRT, but on the older 763s. Also priced high.

Just a suggestion......
Thanks for the news about the new YUL-NRT route. ANy ideas about what aircraft will serve this route?
Old Mar 20, 2018, 3:58 am

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
Originally Posted by Barkinpark
Thanks for the news about the new YUL-NRT route. ANy ideas about what aircraft will serve this route?
B789
Old Mar 20, 2018, 4:08 am

Programs: ANA Diamond
Damn those prices are horrible. Yvr to Hnd is normally 2800 Cad on a saver fare. You just have to wait for them to pop up. Getting to Asia is cheapest from Yvr. I know you can get a cheaper ticket if you take China Eastern, but at that point id rather fly NH economy lol.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 8:45 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
It's more of a hassle. But if you can position thru any Mexican city, you can bring the price down to aprox $2275. That also increases your flying distance, and you earn 200% MQM (rather than 150% on DL). Of course, you have to deal with Mexican immigration

AM: Mexico to NRT/ICN/PVG in Business $2,275

Last edited by Mountain Explorer; Mar 20, 2018 at 9:15 am
Old Mar 20, 2018, 9:01 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Barkinpark
@Barkinpark
See this thread. Announced last August

Air Canada Introduces Montreal-Tokyo Narita Non-stop Flights
Old Mar 20, 2018, 11:54 am
E55

https://goo.gl/flights/f1FgW

Could try going the other way around. $2600 as of this posting. Finnair and British.

EDIT: Sorry, this is to Singapore. More miles but not the same as yours.

Originally Posted by bitterproffit
I have been looking for flights to NRT from just about anywhere in the US for October and came upon these fares. Not sure if this is a great deal, but AA wants over $4K for the same transpacific flight originating from LAX or DFW. DL wants the same for flights out of SEA. But positioning in LAS brought them down quite a bit. Also, seeing similar prices YYZ-NRT on AA through ORD ($3168 USD).

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...018-10-18;sc=b

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...YZ0AA4122;sc=b

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.