Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

JL: HND-OKA $97 in J ai ow

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2018, 7:52 pm
Original Poster

May - Oct
https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...5-07;tt=o;sc=b
Both directions available

Last edited by koika; Mar 18, 2018 at 8:01 pm
Old Mar 18, 2018, 8:33 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by koika
May - Oct
https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...5-07;tt=o;sc=b
Both directions available
Note that this is domestic business class (on the 777 in a 2-4-2 configuration). It is generally only marginally more expensive than Y. You get a seat with greater recline and non-alcoholic drinks (coffee, tea, water and soft drinks).

It does get J TP points.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 8:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Um, there is no domestic business class on JAL or ANA. There are domestic business class seats, but you don’t get the typical business clsss rewards (mileage accrual or lounge access).
the link you have is economy class, by the way .
nullptr likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 8:46 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by Tokyoite
At least they are still offering a different seat (cf. "Euro business") even if it doesn't come with a J soft product (and if that's important there's still domestic F on some routes).

The link in the original post redirects me to GF with business class being selected. I'm certainly seeing the fare on JL (JPY 9,090 + JPY 1,100 fare adjustment = JPY 10,190 (~96$). And even if it isn't a true business class, the improved seat and significantly increased TP earnings certainly is worth the 1,100 yen.

The ~1,000 fee to sit in "business class" is a regular thing AFAIK.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 9:26 pm

SAKITOKU / Super SAKITOKU / Ultra SAKITOKU Advance Purchase Fare
Mileage Accumulation Rate 75% First Class 125% Class J 85%

Japan Explorer Pass (100%) is better for mileage run.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 2:07 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by Tokyoite
Um, there is no domestic business class on JAL or ANA. There are domestic business class seats, but you don’t get the typical business clsss rewards (mileage accrual or lounge access).
On ANA you do get business class mileage credit (it credits to MileagePlus as A fare), lounge access, and alcoholic beverages in flight. However, ANA's domestic Premium Class is 9,000 yen upcharge where JAL's is only 2,000 yen if I recall correctly.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 3:27 am

Programs: Cathay Diamond and Singapore Gold
Originally Posted by WorldLux
At least they are still offering a different seat (cf. "Euro business") even if it doesn't come with a J soft product (and if that's important there's still domestic F on some routes).

The link in the original post redirects me to GF with business class being selected. I'm certainly seeing the fare on JL (JPY 9,090 + JPY 1,100 fare adjustment = JPY 10,190 (~96$). And even if it isn't a true business class, the improved seat and significantly increased TP earnings certainly is worth the 1,100 yen.

The ~1,000 fee to sit in "business class" is a regular thing AFAIK.
Anyone knows what is the booking class of Class J?
There isn't any indication of the booking class even when reaching the payment page.
I am unable to find any info on JAL website except 'Class J' 'Class J' 'Class J'
thanks for your help!
Old Mar 19, 2018, 4:06 am
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Originally Posted by dvs7310
On ANA you do get business class mileage credit (it credits to MileagePlus as A fare), lounge access, and alcoholic beverages in flight. However, ANA's domestic Premium Class is 9,000 yen upcharge where JAL's is only 2,000 yen if I recall correctly.
Premium Class is considered a first class fare, not business class. ANA has no equivalent of Class J.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 4:53 am

Programs: Flying Club
I've been dying to visit Okinawa but can't make it work right now unfortunately
Old Mar 19, 2018, 12:19 pm

Programs: ANA Diamond
For one class J is not business class. It’s essentially preferred seating in economy and there are no other amenities. JAL has first class on domestic routes which is similar to united business class on international routes (IMO). This is a very standard fare since there are so many deals on domestic travel in Japan. The upgrade from basic economy to class J is 10 usd.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 4:52 pm

What is the best month to visit the islands to avoid tropical storms? I understand nobody can predict the weather, but would like to plan ahead.

I have heard that beaches in the smaller islands are nicer than the ones in Thailand, which have become overcrowded and polluted, sadly.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 5:52 pm

Programs: UA*S, TK*G, BA G
Originally Posted by WorldLux
The problem I had with Class J on KIX-OKA was that the seat was terrible. Most uncomfortable "business" class seat I've ever been in - and I fly CE on BA multiple times per week. Mind you, I'd still book Class J again because the "normal" seats looked even worse and more uncomfortable, and the 1,000 yen fare differential is very reasonable.

Flew ANA's premium class OKA-HND and the different was night and day... but that also cost about 50 percent more than the JL fare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.