Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

£1460 J - London to LAX/SEA/SFO OneWorld Round Trip...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

£1460 J - London to LAX/SEA/SFO OneWorld Round Trip...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2018, 7:14 pm

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Its £200 per leg and you need to do it as a ITA fare to see it, But most importantly it needs to be the BA fare as in LHR to Destination no mullti stop
Old Apr 6, 2018, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by cgtechuk
Its £200 per leg and you need to do it as a ITA fare to see it, But most importantly it needs to be the BA fare as in LHR to Destination no mullti stop
Hmmmm... not finding it. Do you have a screen shot?
Old Apr 6, 2018, 7:47 pm

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR

Old Apr 6, 2018, 10:25 pm

Programs: AA PP, DL DM, UA SL, CX GO, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold
What are the rebooking fees/rules? Last time I booked a fare on BA from LON-JFK I wasn't allowed to rebook whatsoever.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 6:03 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, FB Plat
Originally Posted by thouartgerrard
What are the rebooking fees/rules? Last time I booked a fare on BA from LON-JFK I wasn't allowed to rebook whatsoever.
This, I checked the 'fare rules' part, but I find it a bit confusing on cancellation/change rules
Old Apr 7, 2018, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by Wunk
This, I checked the 'fare rules' part, but I find it a bit confusing on cancellation/change rules

Its an inflexible sale fare this is expected. in J its usually £300 ish change fee
Old Apr 7, 2018, 7:10 am

Programs: BA GGL
Just do it on BritishAirways.com direct. The £647 jumps to £847 for the F seat on select routings. Other routings it's 1000s more.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 7:11 am

Programs: BA GGL

You can do better than that with F into SFO and out of SJC. Means less distance in crppy AA/Alaska domestic and the 787 F on the way back.
Doesn't work on all dates though.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 6:56 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, FB Plat
If I understand this correct, a rebooking is 300 GBP and a cancellation 150GBP on this F ticket? I find this format a bit confusing tbh on BA's site for fare rules.

Fare by rule between united kingdom and area 1 note - general rule does not apply cancellations before departure charge gbp 150.00. Note - before departure of journey charges apply per fare component to all passenger types. Infants without a seat are not charged the fee.

Waived for death of a passenger and passengers travelling companions.

In case of any no show within the fare component this fare component becomes non refundable.

Refund permitted within ticket validity.

When combining non-refundable fares with refundable fares 1. The amount paid on each refundable fare component is refunded 2. The amount paid on each non-refundable fare component will not be refunded. 3. When combining fares charge the sum of the cancellation fees of all cancelled fare components

Refund of unused taxes fees and charges paid to third parties permitted. Associated carrier imposed charges are refundable.

Any non-refundable amount from a previous ticket remains non-refundable following a change.

Ticket is not transferable to another person. After departure ticket is non-refundable. Note - after depature of journey fare component is non- refundable.

Waived for death of a passenger and passengers travelling companions.

When combining non-refundable fares with refundable fares 1. The amount paid on each refundable fare component is refunded. 2. The amount paid on each non-refundable fare component will not be refunded. 3. When combining fares charge the sum of the cancellation fees of all cancelled fare components.

Refund of unused taxes fees and charges paid to third parties permitted. Associated carrier imposed charges will not be refunded.

In case of any no show within the fare component this fare component becomes non refundable.

Refund permitted within ticket validity.

Any non-refundable amount from a previous ticket remains non-refundable following a change.

Ticket is not transferable to another person.

Cancellation repricing conditions

Reprice using any fare type except eru and eou. Flown coupons must be repriced using historical fares in effect on the previous ticketing date. The fare for the journey travelled must be capped at the total fare amount plus carrier imposed charge paid on the ticket being presented for refund. Fully flown fare components may be repriced using any booking code within the same cabin provided the new fare amount is equal or higher than original. Partially flown fare components must be repriced using the same or higher booking code. Changes before departure charge gbp 300.00 for reissue/revalidation. Note - with the exception of tickets changed in the us any penalty fee must be collected via an emd. Refer to speedbirdclub.com or batraveltrade.com and your gds for instructions.

Charge applies per transaction - per person for all passenger types. Infants without a seat - no charge.

A change is a date/flight/routing/booking code change. New reservation and reissue/ revalidation must be made on the same day.

Reissue must be made the same day as change of reservation but no later than scheduled departure time of flight being changed. Otherwise the ticket will only be valid for refund if applicable.

When more than one fare component is changed the highest penalty of all changed fare components within the journey applies.

Repricing conditions

Reprice using any fare type except eru and eou. Higher first class fares may be used for repricing changed and unchanged fare components subject to availability at time of change. A. When the first fare component is changed the itinerary must be re-priced using current fares in effect on the date the ticket is reissued. B. When changes are to booking code only in the first fare component and result in a higher fare the itinerary must be re-priced using historical fares in effect on the previous ticketing date or using current fares in effect on the date the ticket is reissued - whichever is lower. C. When there are no changes to the first fare component but other fare components are changed the itinerary must be re-priced using historical fares in effect on the previous ticketing date or using current fares in effect on the date the ticket is reissued - whichever is lower.

New ticket value must be equal or higher than previous and must comply with all provisions of the new fare being applied.

When the new itinerary results in a higher fare the difference will be collected. Any applicable change fee still applies.

No-shows for a flight are considered a cancellation after departure and changes are not permitted.

Ticket is not transferable to another person. After departure charge gbp 300.00 for reissue/revalidation. Note - with the exception of tickets changed in the us any penalty fee must be collected via an emd. Refer to speedbirdclub.com or batraveltrade.com and your gds for instructions.

Charge applies per transaction - per person for for all passenger types. Infants without a seat - no charge.

A change is a date/flight/routing/booking code change. New reservation and reissue/ revalidation must be made on the same day.

Reissue must be made the same day as change of reservation but no later than scheduled departure time of flight being changed. Otherwise the ticket will only be valid for refund if applicable.

When more than one fare component is changed the highest penalty of all changed fare components within the journey applies.

Repricing conditions

Reprice using any fare type except eru and eou. Higher first class fares may be used for repricing changed and unchanged fare components subject to availability at time of change. The itinerary must be re-priced using historical fares in effect on the previous ticketing date.

New ticket value must be equal or higher than previous and must comply with all provisions of the new fare being applied.

When the new itinerary results in a higher fare the difference will be collected. Any applicable change fee still applies.

No-shows for a flight are considered a cancellation after departure and changes are not permitted.

Ticket is not transferable to another person.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by Wunk
If I understand this correct, a rebooking is 300 GBP and a cancellation 150GBP on this F ticket? I find this format a bit confusing tbh on BA's site for fare rules.
Cancellation is 150GBP per fare component, so 300GBP for a round-trip. (For info BA moved to this 'fare component' refund basis a year or so ago, the idea being that it would make refunds easier to automate.)
Old Apr 10, 2018, 10:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, B6 Mosiac, VS, AA, DL (and a legacy UA 2MM)
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
Cancellation is 150GBP per fare component, so 300GBP for a round-trip. (For info BA moved to this 'fare component' refund basis a year or so ago, the idea being that it would make refunds easier to automate.)
Yes, these F fares often are refundable with the fees mentioned, and priced not too much above C (which are often Not refundable).

Be careful though: The refund wording varies but generally a refund is available only if you cancel before the first flight. One might interpret the typical cancellation/refund rules I've seen to mean "before the flight" but I've found that they really mean refund if cancelled "before any of the flights".

Caveat #2 : Once you've flown the first flight, changing the return after the sale is over can be very expensive indeed! So be sure of your dates (or cancel and rebook before you begin the trip)

Otherwise, BA seems to have its refund act more together than before. I recently cancelled a round-trip F sale fare on-line, and received the refund (less £300) within a couple days to my credit card. I remember the days of having to "apply" for a refund and it taking weeks!
Old Apr 10, 2018, 10:55 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by StingWest
Caveat #2 : Once you've flown the first flight, changing the return after the sale is over can be very expensive indeed! So be sure of your dates (or cancel and rebook before you begin the trip)
Not really. After the first flight was flown, reprice would be done based on historical prices - as long as you find availability in your booking class, you'll pay the change fee.
Ldnn1 likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 11:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold, B6 Mosiac, VS, AA, DL (and a legacy UA 2MM)
Originally Posted by megaloman
Not really. After the first flight was flown, reprice would be done based on historical prices - as long as you find availability in your booking class, you'll pay the change fee.
OK, then I may be misunderstanding what happened to me recently. In January, I bought several LHR-SFO-LHR flights on sale in F at a great price of roughly £2500. On two of the flights, I've had to pay a hefty premium in addition to the change fee to change the return leg, after I'd flown the outbound. Didn't matter what date I changed it to, always several thousand extra fare difference. Of course, with BA hiding the complete fare basis, it's difficult to tell what the fares are based on, beyond the fact that both the new and the old fares were coded as "A".
Old Apr 11, 2018, 2:47 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by StingWest
OK, then I may be misunderstanding what happened to me recently. In January, I bought several LHR-SFO-LHR flights on sale in F at a great price of roughly £2500. On two of the flights, I've had to pay a hefty premium in addition to the change fee to change the return leg, after I'd flown the outbound. Didn't matter what date I changed it to, always several thousand extra fare difference. Of course, with BA hiding the complete fare basis, it's difficult to tell what the fares are based on, beyond the fact that both the new and the old fares were coded as "A".
I'm not an expert when it comes to fares, but from my (limited) experience changing the return flight after deparute cost me only a change fee as long as I found availability in a booking class (in my case it were business class tickets in cheapest I fare bucket).
Old Apr 11, 2018, 3:48 am

Originally Posted by megaloman
I'm not an expert when it comes to fares, but from my (limited) experience changing the return flight after deparute cost me only a change fee as long as I found availability in a booking class (in my case it were business class tickets in cheapest I fare bucket).

In the vast majority of cases with BA fares, Once the first flight is taken Historical pricing takes place so it would only be the change charge if there is I class availability (otherwise its the enormous mark up to J) Where this becomes complicated is on other airlines such as QR who sell all there sale and promo fares on R class so in those cases unless you have flown first leg AND there is another sale on creating R class you can't change them , I know this is BA in this case but using that as an example.
megaloman likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.