Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

All Alliances: PDX - LHR, ~$1999

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

All Alliances: PDX - LHR, ~$1999

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2018, 11:02 pm

Programs: DL plat
Originally Posted by zoqfotpik
Fares have dropped to ~$1,000 on *A! HURRY!

Excellent catch, although publicizing this might lead to an entirely new can of worms! Only seeing this on a few dates if you can handle the self-dump. This will die very soon for those interested now that it is public! Caveat emptor
godsavethepoints likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 11:05 pm

Not much use to me, sadly, but I'm happy to share the info
Old Mar 20, 2018, 11:34 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Fares have dropped to ~$1,000 on *A! HURRY!

I think the fuel surcharge is dropped on some itineraries, leaving the $700 base fare and taxes.
https://goo.gl/flights/GP1c8

Edit: It looks like departing from STN drops the YQ.

I actually lucked into this fare while playing around on Google Flights. Was able to grab PDX-YVR-MUC-STN-MUC-DEN-PDX for $1,059 (booked via united.com).

Decided I didn't like the timing so went back and found PDX-YVR-MUC-STN-MUC-FRA-SFO-PDX for $1,095, which also priced out on united.com. But by the time I got to the final payment screen, this fare disappeared (for those dates and others).

Is anyone else still able to find it?
Old Mar 20, 2018, 11:39 pm

Possibly have been corrected already. Dare I say UA is monitoring this forum.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 11:42 pm

Possibly have been corrected already. Dare I say UA is monitoring this forum.
You're kidding, right?
Old Mar 21, 2018, 12:23 am

Programs: DL plat
Originally Posted by flytoeat
You're kidding, right?
No they really do monitor FT in part to find exactly things and issues like this. The trick-it forum functions the way it does to not only sift through the buyers but the sellers as well. @:-)
Old Mar 21, 2018, 4:57 am

Programs: loyalty?! BA Gold, DL Platinum
Originally Posted by capedreamer
I actually lucked into this fare while playing around on Google Flights. Was able to grab PDX-YVR-MUC-STN-MUC-DEN-PDX for $1,059 (booked via united.com).

Decided I didn't like the timing so went back and found PDX-YVR-MUC-STN-MUC-FRA-SFO-PDX for $1,095, which also priced out on united.com. But by the time I got to the final payment screen, this fare disappeared (for those dates and others).

Is anyone else still able to find it?
Saw a couple where LCY seemed to offer similar, albeit slightly higher effect - though struggling to get through to final booking. Anyone?
Old Apr 6, 2018, 11:48 am

Amazingly, these ~$2,000 are still available and bookable (I was successful on DL). Quite a few destinations throughout the U.K. are at roughly the same price $1,800-$2,200 although you might need to go a little farther out on the calendar. Fantastic deal!
Old Apr 6, 2018, 11:57 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Still seeing these for ~$2k in May/early June -- what does this fare normally go for?
Old Apr 6, 2018, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by Polytonic
Still seeing these for ~$2k in May/early June -- what does this fare normally go for?
I don't know specifically from PDX, but ex-US West Coast to London is normally more than double this price, and depending on time frame, often much higher ($5k-9k range). It's a very good deal.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 9:46 am
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
When is the latest you can travel on this fare?
Old Apr 7, 2018, 10:10 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Basically May 30, although there is a tiny window in end of Sept / start of Oct that can be boooked as well.

Fare rules state this:

SEASONALITY

FROM PDX -PERMITTED 04MAY18 THROUGH 30MAY18 OR 22SEP18 THROUGH 06OCT18 FOR EACH TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR. SEASON IS BASED ON TRIP DATE.
TO PDX -PERMITTED 04MAY18 THROUGH 30MAY18 FOR EACH TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR. SEASON IS BASED ON TRIP DATE.
But there are also day limits:

DAY/TIME

FROM UNITED STATES -PERMITTED TUE THROUGH FRI ON EACH TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR.
TO UNITED STATES -PERMITTED SUN THROUGH THU ON EACH TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 10:16 am
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Thanks.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 11:37 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, AS MVP Gold
Perhaps on UA, but I just booked on AA/Oneworld for peak summer travel (early August) and there was plenty of availability. Also saw availability for pre-Xmas shopping period in early December and the entire period between. So damn rare to get a fare like this originating in PDX. Flying 77W on the long legs and got to use SWUs both ways. Most pleased (though will probably head north to avoid London's insane tourist hordes.)

(Edited to add; Rechecked AA fare rules (IHX9T1S5). At least as presently constituted (swear it was different last night), this is a summer only fare extending from 30JUN-5SEP.. BA also offering this fare.)

Originally Posted by stephem
Basically May 30, although there is a tiny window in end of Sept / start of Oct that can be booked as well.

Fare rules state this:SEASONALITY

FROM PDX -PERMITTED 04MAY18 THROUGH 30MAY18 OR 22SEP18 THROUGH 06OCT18 FOR EACH TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR. SEASON IS BASED ON TRIP DATE.
TO PDX -PERMITTED 04MAY18 THROUGH 30MAY18 FOR EACH TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR. SEASON IS BASED ON TRIP DATE.
But there are also day limits:DAY/TIME

FROM UNITED STATES -PERMITTED TUE THROUGH FRI ON EACH TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR.
TO UNITED STATES -PERMITTED SUN THROUGH THU ON EACH TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR.

Last edited by mczlaw; Apr 8, 2018 at 11:32 am
Old Apr 8, 2018, 8:48 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS, FB Gold, AS MVPG, MR Titanium, VS Gold
Booked last night for PDX-LHR on DL 767, then LHR-JFK-PDX with LHR JFK on Virgin Atlantic, excited to *not* fly BA out of LHR for once.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.