Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[Premium Fare Gone]: Cathay J: ORD - MLE/CMB RT ~$2,600

[Premium Fare Gone]: Cathay J: ORD - MLE/CMB RT ~$2,600

Old Apr 3, 2018, 3:59 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by fish3d
I just got off the phone with the AA EXP desk and they called Advantage CS. I was told that for sure my flight would earn the .25 EDQ based on miles flown. I asked for something in writing but was unable to get it however the agent gave me her name and location and said she would make a note of our conversation. I know this is skimpy but better then nothing.
If you need something in black and white - here is the excerpt from AA.com in the FAQ section.

​​​How will my award miles and EQDs be calculated if my ticket includes both American marketed and partner marketed flights?

For tickets including both American marketed and partner marketed flights, award miles and EQDs will be calculated based on the policy for each flight American marketed flights will earn based on your prorated ticket price (base fare plus any carrier-imposed surcharges); partner airline marketed flights will earn based on a percentage of the distance flown as determined by the fare class purchased.

​​​​​​
Old Apr 16, 2018, 2:08 pm

CX ORD-MLE ~$2,500 Biz

May and June availability, maybe more.

https://goo.gl/flights/tBJrA

HT to The Flight Deal
Old Apr 16, 2018, 2:12 pm

Programs: United 1k, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
May and June availability, maybe more.

https://goo.gl/flights/tBJrA

HT to The Flight Deal
Was interested to see what this priced at with AMEX IAP.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
I want to say that I've seen this around... anyway, good through September departures, but only Tuesdays by then; can return in November or later, didn't look at the rules.

This is a great positioning possibility to CMB.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 2:35 pm

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/prem...t-2-600-a.html
Old Apr 16, 2018, 2:48 pm

My bad, feel free to close this thread down. Didn't realize it had been around.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 10:30 pm

Programs: hilton diamond SPG/Marriott platinum UA silver AA platinum
One of my flight options are a 24 hr layover in HK. I am an Indian citizen. I am thinking of buying that ticket and venturing out into HKG city. I looked up the trasit visa option for which I can be pre-approved before arriving - it is valid for 48 hours. I can also keep my hand luggage in storage for $140 HK$. I can take a train from the airport which would drop me off in the heart of the city. Am I covering all my bases. Have any of you done this before. Any tips?
Old Apr 17, 2018, 3:38 am

Programs: AA EP (life Gold), Global Entry, TSA Pre-Check, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
The transportation from the airport is really very good. What you have described is very doable and very easy. Where you leave the train will depend on your destination Hong Kong Island or Kowloon, for example). You could also very easily visit Macau or China if you wanted to, all by public transportation.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 9:59 pm

Programs: hilton diamond SPG/Marriott platinum UA silver AA platinum
I am assuming my check-in bags would be checked all the way to BOM even though I have a 24hr stopover. It will be a hassle if I have to collect those bags. Thoughts ?
Old Apr 18, 2018, 7:25 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Has anyone done the trip to CMB?

It is very tempting; for $2500 you can fly in CX biz and get over over $5k EQD and about 30k EQM (for AA at least).

Plus the Hilton properties are having a 25% off sale right now; the Residences look pretty good.

Is it difficult getting into/around Colombo?
Old Apr 18, 2018, 7:36 am

Programs: AA EP (life Gold), Global Entry, TSA Pre-Check, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by aztimm
Has anyone done the trip to CMB?

Is it difficult getting into/around Colombo?
quite easy. clean. Feels safe.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Whodunit68
quite easy. clean. Feels safe.
Plus the riots are over, so that's a bonus.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by swingaling
Plus the riots are over, so that's a bonus.
yup, the CMB riots are over.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 4:55 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
CX: ORD-CCU rt Business $2531

ex-US to India round trip in J for this price is decent enough, but flying CX all the way makes this deal very attractive in my opinion

I found this while perusing Cathay's new promos and I was able to price it out on the CX website. Unfortunately Google flights links don't work even though it shows prices around $2500, and some availability, even on CX's website, prices out much higher when everything is selected.

At any rate this price can be found if you search a bit.

Hope this helps
Old Apr 20, 2018, 5:24 pm

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Great find, thanks! Just an fyi, HKG-CCU operates on a Cathay Dragon 320 with recliner seats; though its not bad for a 4ish hour flight.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.