Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

LH/LX: NYC-KBP rt Business $1500+

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2018, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond

Shout out to TheFlightDeal for this

Pretty wide open, including summer months. Mostly LH metal but some LX and SN flights.

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...JFK0LH404;sc=b

ex-US J deals are rare so this is pretty stellar.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 11:53 am

Programs: AC E75K
Wow that's a great fare. But like the BEG deal, I'm not sure I want to visit Ukraine though.

Has anyone been? Am I being a fool?
Old Feb 28, 2018, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by capedreamer
Wow that's a great fare. But like the BEG deal, I'm not sure I want to visit Ukraine though.

Well you could always fly somewhere else once you reach Ukraine. US citizens do not need a visa so it's much more convenient than other destinations.

Last edited by FlyingFrZ; Feb 28, 2018 at 4:18 pm
Old Feb 28, 2018, 1:29 pm

Location: San Francisco, CA & Bangkok (Home)/Lawrenceville & Switzerland (Boarding School)/Baltimore, MD (College)
Programs: DL DM, AL MVPG 75K, SQ Gold, BA Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Plat, Hertz Pres Circle

Springtime in Ukraine is pretty. Kiev is a nice city, but Lviv (on the Polish border) is where I spent a lot of time. Very European city, I think it was founded by the Austrian Empire. Obviously Ukraine is one of Europes poorer country, but still worthwhile to visit
Old Feb 28, 2018, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
Well you could always fly somewhere else once you reach Ukraine US citizens do not need a visa so it's much more convenient than other destinations.
Originally Posted by Quinlanty
Springtime in Ukraine is pretty. Kiev is a nice city, but Lviv (on the Polish border) is where I spent a lot of time. Very European city, I think it was founded by the Austrian Empire. Obviously Ukraine is one of Europes poorer country, but still worthwhile to visit
​​​​​​​Great to know. Thanks, guys!
Old Feb 28, 2018, 3:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold

I visited Kyiv and Chernobyl last May - an incredibly beautiful city! Check my report here if you like. The place is safe and the food amazing!
capedreamer likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by oneworld82
I visited Kyiv and Chernobyl last May - an incredibly beautiful city! Check my report here if you like. The place is safe and the food amazing!
Very helpful! Thanks so much.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 4:38 pm

I'm not sure I want to visit Ukraine though.
On this issue, you're being most sensible in not chasing this "bargain". KBP is a nasty airport to transit, if your ultimate destination is elsewhere. If you look at flight paths of most higher end airlines, you'll see that they all make detours to avoid Ukranian air space. There's a big difference between being adventurous and stupid. If there's a compelling reason not to fly over Ukraine, one should definitely not land in it!
capedreamer likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by MaxVO
On this issue, you're being most sensible in not chasing this "bargain". KBP is a nasty airport to transit, if your ultimate destination is elsewhere. If you look at flight paths of most higher end airlines, you'll see that they all make detours to avoid Ukranian air space. There's a big difference between being adventurous and stupid. If there's a compelling reason not to fly over Ukraine, one should definitely not land in it!
I don't think that flying over Ukraine is anymore dangerous than anywhere in the world. What happened in Ukraine airspace in the past, doesn't mean it will ever happen again.

However the fare is truly very good. Unfortunately unable to use it as it requires a 7 day stay. Would love to fly there again for a weekend.
capedreamer likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by MaxVO
Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
I don't think that flying over Ukraine is anymore dangerous than anywhere in the world. What happened in Ukraine airspace in the past, doesn't mean it will ever happen again.

However the fare is truly very good. Unfortunately unable to use it as it requires a 7 day stay. Would love to fly there again for a weekend.
Thanks very much for the input. I guess I'm somewhat concerned about the situation in Crimea and Eastern Ukraine. Should I not be?
Old Feb 28, 2018, 5:41 pm

Thanks very much for the input. I guess I'm somewhat concerned about the situation in Crimea and Eastern Ukraine. Should I not be?
As long as you aren't going to those areas you should be fine.
capedreamer likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 10:02 pm

Programs: UA
Amazing! Available from ORD for $1670 ish on LX. Google flights shows as $2300+ but if you click through, it reprices to $1669. AMEX IAP could take this down a bit too. kiwi.com says that KBP-ATH flights are cheap, so that might be a fun side trip.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 7:08 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador

BEG is a great place, why would you want to avoid it? Go there now and thank me later! (OK, maybe not *right* now, given that the Beast from the East is currently bringing atrocious weather conditions)
capedreamer likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 7:30 am

Kyiv, first day of Spring from my lounge room window.
There should be 60 cm of snow by tomorrow ))

I would expect some delays and disruptions at KBP and IEV over the next few days until the cold snap is over.

Last edited by Croupier; Mar 1, 2018 at 7:36 am
Old Mar 1, 2018, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by yurtripper
BEG is a great place, why would you want to avoid it? Go there now and thank me later! (OK, maybe not *right* now, given that the Beast from the East is currently bringing atrocious weather conditions)
Now I need to decide between Ukraine and Serbia!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.